Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown

• Total voters
The funny part is that when I corrected that shot, I was fully expecting it to be brown.

Ok, thanks for the info. The before picture didn't show up in your post BTW.

Even removing excessive blue cast, you won't necessarily be able to return the coat to its original color, but I think it's pretty clear from the edits that the coat isn't in fact blue. A blue (or navy blue) coat would still look very blue.

Like Han's blue jacket.

"Hey Chewie... what color is my coat?"
hothhanbrown.jpg

"Hey Irvin... people are still trying to figure out what color my coat is."
tumblr_lxnh4xvTAi1qedqfdo1_500.jpg

"I have a cool blaster... why does the color of my coat matter?"
TLC_bp_hothprobe_hanref.jpg

This thing is getting as silly as who shot first. :lol

-It was Han!

-It was Greedo!

-It was Blue!

-No, it was Brown!

Production crew stated that the jacket contained blue, burgundy and brown tones. It was originally grey, and wouldn't show up against the polar backgrounds. Wasn't that posted the last time someone took this seriously enough to start telling people they were stupid for thinking it was blue?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc[/ame]

No but seriously, it was brown.. looks brown.. but for some reason I remember it as dark blue. :lol

Production crew stated that the jacket contained blue, burgundy and brown tones. It was originally grey, and wouldn't show up against the polar backgrounds. Wasn't that posted the last time someone took this seriously enough to start telling people they were stupid for thinking it was blue?

Damn... now Sideshow needs to include a burgundy colored coat as well!

I suppose next someone is gonna tell me aunt beru made chocolate milkshakes too huh......:tap

They were coffee milkshakes. Everyone knows that.

I bet you thought it was blue milk. That was just the weird Tatooine kitchen lighting. Duh.

Damn... now Sideshow needs to include a burgundy colored coat as well!

Crazy talk. It never appeared burgundy on film, therefore whether it was burgundy in reality is not important at all (notice how no one has ever told you, "In reality, it was burgundy," even though it was).

Again, onscreen is all that matters. 78.666637259% of that time, the coat is blue. It's science.

Back