Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown

• Total voters
Kenner trumps reality in my book... I can admit the jacket is brown, but to me it'll always be blue :lecture

There is an option missing.

I was going to vote...It really doesn't matter.:)

Last edited:
vc03_ref2.jpg

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Han%20Solo%2007.jpg

It's funny how many people(me included) consider the Kenner figure one of their favorites. After all, it was just Han in a parka.

Honestly, I always thought it was brown, so I'll probably go that way. I do understand the mindset of wanting to use the blue, though.

Brown, because in the film, it's very clearly brown. There's no reason to believe otherwise, especially with the HD versions of the film we all own now. People will see what they want to, though.

That said, I can understand why some prefer blue for nostalgia's sake.

It's funny how many people(me included) consider the Kenner figure one of their favorites. After all, it was just Han in a parka.

I used to put the blaster into that little holster loop, so to me it was like having a figure with a functioning holster. Really, that was a big part of it for me. Well, that and the fact that it was Han. :)

they said: "The Han Solo will come with his correct Brown jacket and his infamous Blue jacket"..
So the correct one is brown

Reminds me of years ago, back in the Dark ages of SW, I met a guy(whom I'm good friends with now) who painted the west end games' miniatures for me. He told me the jacket was brown, I said blue. He told me to take a good look. I said I didn't care, I wanted it blue. So, when all was said and done, he had left, so I put in my copy of ESB and took a long hard look. It was brown, and I called and said do it brown. Just take some time to look.

It also doesn't help that they lit and filtered all the Hoth scenes in blue.

It's Navy Blue...

vlcsnap2012012922h54m51.png

The color grading in ESB is terrible. The entire movie has a blue tint to everything.

In reality the coat is brown, but the fact that it appears blue in many scenes makes me want a Han figure that accurately replicates the character how it appeared to me.

For me, it's more about what looks right and less about what is right.

Back