Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Han Solo's Hoth jacket: Blue or Brown

• Total voters
Hmm. I corrected the color, to compensate for the blue tint, and the damn jacket is still blue. It doesn't just look blue, it is blue. At least in this scene.

31m9.jpg

I think for the HD/new releases they made it brown... it's blue, always has been always will be! :lol

The color grading in ESB is terrible. The entire movie has a blue tint to everything.

In reality the coat is brown, but the fact that it appears blue in many scenes makes me want a Han figure that accurately replicates the character how it appeared to me.

For me, it's more about what looks right and less about what is right.

yeah :exactly:

I used to put the blaster into that little holster loop, so to me it was like having a figure with a functioning holster. Really, that was a big part of it for me. Well, that and the fact that it was Han. :)

Me too! That was what made him so awesome!

Everything in a movie is illusion. How it appears, it is.

Are lightsabers 'in reality' blank shafts, or are they glowing blue. Red and green blades? Should collectibles be made with blank white sabers?

I think ill use the blue when I get him. I don't give a rats *** when he wears each color on screen. I dig the blue.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm. I corrected the color, to compensate for the blue tint, and the damn jacket is still blue. It doesn't just look blue, it is blue. At least in this scene.

31m9.jpg

You might want to have your eyes checked. Go back and crush the levels... ALL I DID WAS CRUSH THE WHITES AND YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ITS BROWN. No color adjustment was done from pic above. ONLY LEVELS.

Screenshot2013-07-22at114620AM_zpsdc31a681.png

And PS... the whites in your image are still blue tinted. So it would look even more Brown if correctly color timed.

Last edited:
We are getting BOTH jackets so who gives a ****?

:lol right?

I wonder how the blue will look? The collectibles released have been way too blue. If the coat really was that blue then there wouldn't be a debate. I think they do that more for "Kenner Vintage Figure" nostalgia than trying to get on-screen accuracy.

You might want to have your eyes checked. Go back and crush the levels... ALL I DID WAS CRUSH THE WHITES AND YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ITS BROWN. No color adjustment was done from pic above. ONLY LEVELS.

Screenshot2013-07-22at114620AM_zpsdc31a681.png

And PS... the whites in your image are still blue tinted. So it would look even more Brown if correctly color timed.

My eyes are fine. I opened your pic in Photoshop and used the eyedropper on a midtone on the jacket. This is the color I got:

lvg8.jpg

Gonna go with old blue for my set-up... Kenner's Hoth Han was my first ever figure & he brings warm feelings to my heart.

Then again I could always display Han in the brown jacket & only look at him with blue tinted specs.

His jacket in echo base is blue. Everyone knows this and every figure has always gotten this right. Not sure why there's a need for a poll.

But, his COAT is brown. I don't know if he wears his coat over his jacket or if he had Chewy put the jacket in the falcon when he went out wearing his coat.

Hmm. I corrected the color, to compensate for the blue tint,/QUOTE]

It just looks like you did a white balance change, not color correction - and you still left everything with a blue cast as Wake mentioned. Oops!

Hmm. I corrected the color, to compensate for the blue tint,

It just looks like you did a white balance change, not color correction - and you still left everything with a blue cast as Wake mentioned. Oops!

Nope. I did not touch the white levels. Wake blew out the white levels. And I said I corrected the color to "compensated" for the blues, I did not completely remove them. I simply pulled a good chunk of the blues out to see how much it was effecting the color of the coat.

Here's the original:
vlcsnap2012012922h54m51.png

Here's my edit:
5db7.jpg

The coat is clearly brown in most shots, but it is blue in this one.

Not sure why everyone is getting so defensive about this topic. It's kinda bizarre.

Last edited:
Back