Premium Format Han Solo Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
star-wars-han-solo-premium-format-300500-19.jpg

The pieces don't even line up next to each other, they both just have those weird Falcon pieces sticking out on opposite ends. So it appears the only thing they accomplished with those is probably making the bases too wide to fit them both in a Besta together.

Yeah those bases are terrible imo

So now the days of 2 PFs for $1000 are over...

I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan and I have been collecting the PFs up to this point. I'd almost like to see Sideshow hand over the head sculpts to Hot Toys. Make the statue polystone and put a 1/4 scale hot toys head on it. The likeness is too far off for me to shell out this kind of dough for a statue.

For those going for for it, I look forward to seeing your in hand pics!

Nice to see ESB Han get the Premium Price Figure treatment!:mad:

Firing his blaster inside the Falcon corridors, and the optional stromtrooper blaster as EX, are such iconic looks for Han Bespin too!

:monkey3

Not one of Trevor's better HF sculpts, but looks decent (though yup, the paint won't look like that,) but not $550 decent. Outfit looks great though.

The bases are a very odd look. They look like they've either both just jumped up from their low 1960's mod chairs, or that they've been surprised in the Mens' room - kind of a space urinal look; maybe it's the porcelain color.

With Han's base the way it is, does that mean that he's firing directly into the opposite wall? Or at Chewie if they lined up correctly?

the more I look at it, the more I dislike it

How can they fail with this and Luke (though Luke looks much better) but knock it out of the park with Maul?

So now the days of 2 PFs for $1000 are over...

I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan and I have been collecting the PFs up to this point. I'd almost like to see Sideshow hand over the head sculpts to Hot Toys. Make the statue polystone and put a 1/4 scale hot toys head on it. The likeness is too far off for me to shell out this kind of dough for a statue.

For those going for for it, I look forward to seeing your in hand pics!

I sort of feel the same regarding the headsculpts. Have you had a chance to look at Iron Studios' 1/4 Cap, Falcon or Winter Sodier. I have them all and the facesculpts are great in my opinion. Or maybe even the company that did the Marilyn Munroe or Rocky headsculpts. All use some sort of translucent resin.

Sideshow has experimented with their Man of Steel (imo a failure) and their comic Green Lantern (which was a step in the right direction), but they really do need to use the material for all their pieces with actor likenesses or they are doomed to fail.

the more I look at it, the more I dislike it

How can they fail with this and Luke (though Luke looks much better) but knock it out of the park with Maul?

While the Ray Park likeness on the Maul figure is much stronger than the Harrison Ford likeness on this, I wouldn't call that PF a homerun. The tattoos all seem to have recessed outlines like they were panels on his head.

I'll wait another decade for Return of the Jedi Han, in the hopes that they finally give us a Star Wars pf that actually looks like Ford...

star-wars-han-solo-premium-format-300500-19.jpg

The pieces don't even line up next to each other, they both just have those weird Falcon pieces sticking out on opposite ends. So it appears the only thing they accomplished with those is probably making the bases too wide to fit them both in a Besta together.

My take on these pieces:

They look great.

1. Han sculpt looks very good in the close-up pics
2. Awesome pose for Han (though I wish we could have gotten that same pose in his ANH Smuggler attire which sadly will never happen now.)
3. I never see Premium Format figures as "dioramas" so I don't really care how accurate the bases are. The majority of time they are just abstract references to some location in the movie anyway. So him pointing his gun in the Falcon is fine to me. I don't care that the bases don't line up because, again, I would never buy these two to pretend they're having some big shootout in the Falcon anyway. They are just bases with a fair amount of poetic license thrown in. It's no different with the HT figures. One one shelf you might have one character standing on a pile of rocks right next to another who is standing on a grill from the Death Star. No big.
4. That said I do wish/hope that those little wall sections are removable. I'm assuming they are not but I'd prefer the cleaner look of just the Falcon flooring without any exta real estate sticking up like that. But it isn't a deal breaker. Chewie looked awesome at Celebration and so I'm strongly considering picking both of these up.

I think this is on par with the Original Han PF from all those years ago.
Really surprised that after all these years and with all the technology in digital sculpting now and they still couldn't come up with something better than this?

I think this is on par with the Original Han PF from all those years ago.
Really surprised that after all these years and with all the technology in digital sculpting now and they still couldn't come up with something better than this?

oh C'mon now....

Just think about what else you could get for $550...just really think about it.

There is no argument that anyone could make that this is worth the price.

Ah, the classic tale, the same old story... :)

1) PF announced, everyone happy
2) Preview shown, happiness intensifies
3) Full reveal, everyone's buying depending on price, scattered skepticism begins
4) Price revealed, everyone's out, done collecting, Sideshow is finished, hasta la vista, skepticism intensifies

>>>>>>>>(We are Here.)<<<<<<<<

5) Everyone rationalizes that they really need a Han, even this one, grudgingly buyers reappear
6) Low stock alerts, rationalizing intensifies

--
That said, this looks nice in some ways, but I'm happy enough with my original one. Even the step down paint that the production pieces will have versus this prototype will be a lot better than the old ANH statue, I should think.

Back