1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does a molded piece of solid plastic with no joints cost $250? I understand it comes with a base that lights up, but the base doesn't have any moving features and is just equipped with an inexpensive light.

I paid $250 for a lifesize body casting of Han Solo in Carbonite to make my 1:1 replica with years ago. I'm just having a hard time swallowing that a 1:6 scale painted plastic mold should cost that.

I bet at least 1/2 of u complaining about the price will end up buying it. Can't wait to see ur pics on August so I can go back thru this thread and quote you. I look at is at a 1/6 scale PF figure.
It's really not even close to a Premium Format statue at all though. Hell if it was being made out of the same material those are or at least something similar the price would be a bit more justifiable. As it stands though it's essentially a hunk of plastic with some sculpted detail and lights.

I have to say if this had a light up feature that makes it look like HAN is being thawed out where it flickers and makes the noises from the movie, had a handle you could attach to it like in the movie where the Bespin guards are holding and steering it, I might be more inclined to part with that price tag but with the limited features it has right now it's not worth it.

Has anyone heard for sure if this thing is really plastic? I looked on the product page but it does not specify.

I bet at least 1/2 of u complaining about the price will end up buying it. Can't wait to see ur pics on August so I can go back thru this thread and quote you. I look at is at a 1/6 scale PF figure.

You wont find me.. I, unlike some others, stand by what I say. I have been complaining at their unjustified rise in pricing for some time.. the last Sideshow figure I bought was the Tusken Raider. And I was a HUGE Sideshow star wars fan.. bought them all. Once I got a taste of Hot Toys and Sideshow's ego to think they could charge the same for sub par renditions...that was it. I back up my words with action on this.

Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands. lol

Maybe at next years spooktacular lol

How does a molded piece of solid plastic with no joints cost $250? I understand it comes with a base that lights up, but the base doesn't have any moving features and is just equipped with an inexpensive light.

I paid $250 for a lifesize body casting of Han Solo in Carbonite to make my 1:1 replica with years ago. I'm just having a hard time swallowing that a 1:6 scale painted plastic mold should cost that.

Yeah, the price blew me away too. I was thinking in the $150 range. If the sides lit up like the movie I might be ok with the price, maybe.

01.jpg

You are not alone on this one. This is the first time I didnt have the urge to press that "PRE-ORDER" button.

I had the urge.. it looks good and it would look great with Jabba... but man $250 sucks. I'd hate to see what they would charge for Jabba's throne now days. :)

How else is SS going to finance the development of their new video game... Pft!

This is really surprising. Even when not on a budget, sometimes you just have to say no to make a point/send a message. We communicate with our wallets...

Asking $250 for this is poor taste and borderline greedy. Are they losing touch with the fan base?

Disappointed.

How else is SS going to finance the development of their new video game... Pft!

This is really surprising. Even when not on a budget, sometimes you just have to say no to make a point/send a message. We communicate with our wallets...

Asking $250 for this is poor taste and borderline greedy. Are they losing touch with the fan base?

Disappointed.

That game is a money pit... that will flop so hard...and they are asking for kickstarter money.. $250 for this thing and they need donations .. lol

Last edited:
:horror The price was shocking here...even if I had the spare funds I'm not sure I can reconcile myself buying it. Congrats to those with the funds. Looks nice though.

Back