1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if the price was more reasonable....it's kinda ugly. The Jabba version was way more a complete display. I was expecting a round base, or semicircle to approximate the carbon freeze floor grates with light coming up similar to the first Fett base. Where the bars connect on the top and side for the floating effect is awkward. Why not translucent posts similar to Thanos? Save your money and speak with your wallet. Pick it up at a steep discount eventually if you like it with free shipping, double rewards, and a huge % off which Sideshow will probably have to do on this.

Yeah I would have preferred the base be of the carbonite chamber floor too rather than the Bespin hallway. Also agree that the bars holding it up should be translucent.

ceedb03a19deb30fe3ab607a2c79255e.jpg

Mr. Hand's response to the price

Soooo $300 shipped? Half the price of a pf and its pretty much a paper weight. Not to mention their stuff is half the quality of a hot toys anything. Can someone else pick up this star wars license please?

I'm glad Hot Toys is releasing the core characters but I bet they don't get to things like this. That's where it becomes unfortunate for me because I've yet to buy a Sideshow product I wasn't a bit disappointed with and yet they're doing things like this or the Jawas or other random characters that I'd like. Their problem is that they've simply made a lot of these side items too expensive. There's no reason for this to cost $250 when you can get a fully loaded Hot Toys figure for less in a lot of instances. Even their sixth scale figures of major characters that could be reasonable to price a bit higher they go overboard and charge a lot for a bare bones figure (Darth Maul is a good example) or they give you a good package but charge way more than the figure is worth (the Snowspeeder Luke for instance).

Soooo $300 shipped? Half the price of a pf and its pretty much a paper weight. Not to mention their stuff is half the quality of a hot toys anything. Can someone else pick up this star wars license please?

I think as of right now Asmus would do a way better job with it, give them a few more years and theyll be ready

I'm a bit shocked at the price. I cant justify it at all, and will definitely have to use reward pts or discount codes to reduce the price.

I mean, at $250, the least they should have done is make it a bloody magnetic floating mechanism like the recent Delorean and Alien Dropship!! But as is, the price seems far too high.

Ok, I have the ROTJ version in box, unopened. If this really looks good in hand, and the lights look good, I'll get it. However I agree, the price is high. It looks good, I like the horizontal display option.

I'm glad Hot Toys is releasing the core characters but I bet they don't get to things like this. That's where it becomes unfortunate for me because I've yet to buy a Sideshow product I wasn't a bit disappointed with and yet they're doing things like this or the Jawas or other random characters that I'd like. Their problem is that they've simply made a lot of these side items too expensive. There's no reason for this to cost $250 when you can get a fully loaded Hot Toys figure for less in a lot of instances. Even their sixth scale figures of major characters that could be reasonable to price a bit higher they go overboard and charge a lot for a bare bones figure (Darth Maul is a good example) or they give you a good package but charge way more than the figure is worth (the Snowspeeder Luke for instance).

Dont count HT out just yet. Would have never thought id see death star trooper and especially power droid. Han sicle is way more iconic. I think that was thier way of saying they ARE gonna hit these characters. But in time of course.

All I see is a bunch of closet buyers. Rotflmao. I kid. I really want a nice Han in Carbonite to go with my thousand dollar+ bounty hunter set-up. $250 is ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The base is too small, what makes it pointless when displaying it with the horizontal mode. The carbonite occupies the whole area. Where will Boba or the stormies stand? Outside the base? And where are the light up features??? Not one single photo showing it. That's really frustrating.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hasbro carbonate Han
fdc0d930ed258db493e3853d3c7a1c12.jpg

Not great but not terrible. With a repaint it would look amazing.

It's unfortunate that most all of these will be displayed in a SS Warehouse. Might as well price them at $450 or $500 because $250 is pretty much product does. It exist prices ie. ignore

You would have to think this is exactly the kind of piece HT would make to include with a future deluxe ESB Han or Boba Fett, for probably only around $300 total. Look at the value of their Rey and BB-8 set compared to this, for crying out loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was staying clear of this thread. However, I got the preorder email and just chuckled.
The majority has spoken here it seems.

I bet at least 1/2 of u complaining about the price will end up buying it. Can't wait to see ur pics on August so I can go back thru this thread and quote you. I look at is at a 1/6 scale PF figure.

I bet at least 1/2 of u complaining about the price will end up buying it. Can't wait to see ur pics on August so I can go back thru this thread and quote you. I look at is at a 1/6 scale PF figure.

Somebody might. Using reward points and coupons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back