1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they offered 50 off plus free shipping, I would get this. However, I know that once I get it, hot toys will announce their bespin han with carbonite block.

Hot Toys will do the Bespin Han with a carbonite deluxe option and when it comes in the carbonite piece will be that flimsy material used for the Jawa base topper

Probably a while. Can't image too many people are spending ?200 on a plastic brick

The Executive Replicas monolith from 2001 a space odyssey retailed for 300. So han in carb is a better deal than that at least. I have the first one so didnt get the second though it does look better.

I just got it and have a couple questions.

1. The velcro on the piece that is supposedly a magnet that attaches to the back to make it stand vertically does not seem to be a magnet at all. Is this an issue with just mine? Does it work for anyone else?

2. When I stick the metal pole into the hole to stand it up vertically, the pole does not fit in tightly and it does not stand vertically, instead, it slopes backward a bit because it does not fit in the hole tightly. Is this an issue with mine or is this just the way it is?

Thanks.

See this is back in stock again at Sideshow. Is this a worthy pick up? I’ve gone back and forth on it. Right now it’s regular price, but in the past it’s been discounted in addition to the free shipping being offered currently.

See this is back in stock again at Sideshow. Is this a worthy pick up? I’ve gone back and forth on it. Right now it’s regular price, but in the past it’s been discounted in addition to the free shipping being offered currently.

It's worthy 86...I know its a block but with the base and the sculpt along with the magnetics and lighting on the control panel, its definitely worth it for the collection. I just ordered the 40th Boba and will look fantastic along side each other.

Just my own opinion, offered with no provenance but simple honesty. It's not 1/6. Most 1/6 characters are taller than the entire block, which is supposed to contain Han, a tall guy in his own right, so should tower above most figures. But it doesn't.
Like i say, it's just my opinion. If you get it cheaply enough, it would be fine. I couldn't put it next to other SW characters without having them on the floor next to the stand, such is the discrepancy in the size.
The Han in the block is just too short.
But if you have the cash, and want Han in Carbonite, it's the only game in town, short of making your own.

Just my own opinion, offered with no provenance but simple honesty. It's not 1/6. Most 1/6 characters are taller than the entire block, which is supposed to contain Han, a tall guy in his own right, so should tower above most figures. But it doesn't.
Like i say, it's just my opinion. If you get it cheaply enough, it would be fine. I couldn't put it next to other SW characters without having them on the floor next to the stand, such is the discrepancy in the size.
The Han in the block is just too short.
But if you have the cash, and want Han in Carbonite, it's the only game in town, short of making your own.

While I do agree the piece IS slightly undersized...

1. It's 13" tall overall - there aren't many figs over 13" tall, so most 1/6 characters couldn't be "taller than the entire block."
2. Most 1:1 fan-made carbonite blocks use an overall height of just over 6'-7" - which in 1/6 scale is almost 13 3/16". So the SSC block's only 3/16" under that "accepted size" in 1/6 scale. And at only a touch over 13" tall, the block in 1/6 scale shouldn't "tower" above most figures.
3. The actual Han "figure" in the SSC block is only about 1/8" under 12" tall (it's exactly 30cm) so it IS 1/4" too short to be Han's height in 1/6, however...
4. Harrison Ford's body wasn't used for the cast - the actor they used was a touch shorter than him, so Han in Carbonite isn't quite as tall as actual Han.

In conclusion: Yes, the SSC block overall (and therefore its Han "figure") should be about 1/4" taller... but 1/4" over a 13" tall item is not a whole lot (certainly not enough to say "it's not 1/6") And in reality Carbonite Han shouldn't quite be as tall as "actual" Han anyway.

Finally got one of these. Didn’t order from Sideshow but scored one on eBay last night. Its opened but appears to be in good shape and the seller looks reliable.

The person I bought it from was selling it for $180 or best offer. I offered $160 and it came to like $190 with tax and shipping. I’ve wanted it for a long time but not for full price. Looking forward to its arrival.

Finally got one of these. Didn’t order from Sideshow but scored one on eBay last night. Its opened but appears to be in good shape and the seller looks reliable.

The person I bought it from was selling it for $180 or best offer. I offered $160 and it came to like $190 with tax and shipping. I’ve wanted it for a long time but not for full price. Looking forward to its arrival.
Congrats! Nice deal Mike!
I really like my mine! And if you have ESB Fett, it feels like an essential companion piece. I haven't used the other display options other than the upright display. Light up features are cool too.

1668280506021.jpeg

1668280840587.jpeg

I was suprised to find that it completetly fills the top shelf of the detolf. It's tight, but it fits.

1668281009391.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, for an alternate power source other than batteries, I used a couple of battery replacement adapters to power the base and Carbonite lights. Works great! It can be controlled via a smart plug for remote operation.

Found a similar type....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B087...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams
These are really cool. I have one for the Death Star wall panel that came with the Hot Toys Han in Trooper disguise figure.

Want to get some more eventually for Emperor Palpatine’s throne and for this Han in Carbonite.

These are really cool. I have one for the Death Star wall panel that came with the Hot Toys Han in Trooper disguise figure.

Want to get some more eventually for Emperor Palpatine’s throne and for this Han in Carbonite.
Those would to add depth and easy of use for sure. So much nicer than batts. Sometimes they have the type that can power up to 5 AAA things off one adaptor unit.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your display.

😉👍

Last edited:
Looks like this is among their BOGO items. Was gonna go ahead and get it for that half off and just get something else I really wanted at full price.

Figures that almost everything saved to my wishlist is a pre-order and nothing else on my entire list is a BOGO qualifier. :LOL:

Got a waitlist conversion for this, but when I clicked “shop now” I see that it’s just for PO again.

IMG_6375.jpeg

Back