Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine for two days and haven't even opened the shipper box! :horror I'm on my way to release these bad boys! I hope my paint apps are decent! Wish me luck!

They'll be fine, I'm sure. :peace

Sorry Buddy , its been like this for me since I got back into collecting Star Wars in 95'.
My shrinking Hasbro Collection is almost all MOC , MIB too. I do have a few opened pieces . Side is staying MIB the only SS piece I've opend is Vader because I bought an extra to display .

That's a start! If there was just one that deserved to be opened and displayed that was it!

leaving these in the box its like you might as well just own an empty box. Anyone who is interest in boxes, lmk I'll sell them all to you, $20 each, which is like better than 1/2 price of a figure you'l lnever open anyway.

I'll take the lot!

No, honestly. I ^^^^ing hate my boxes.

I'n not that ticked about the problems mine had. It's certainly not the norm with the rest of the figures I've gotten. The problems were not that major, really. And if it was one or two of those little things I probably would have been fine with them. But it was that there were so many little things that it just added up. I filled out Sideshow's exchange form, so I just have to wait for a response from them.

Otherwise, I think they turned out great! I love the glossier finish on the armor, and the joints were definitely better on this one than my stormie, which was also okay except for the right ankle. The sculpts are phenomenal and Luke's paint job was perfect. My wife thought I was nuts and said no one would ever see the flaws! But I figure what does it hurt to exchange them for another set, especially when most of you guys' sets have come out fine!

Point being you're exchanging them. Not ranting about another poor product from Sideshow, chicken-littling a piece you have no intention of buying or haven't gotten yet, or demanding a refund because a $100 figure doesn't match the quality of a $150+ figure, etc.

Point being you're exchanging them. Not ranting about another poor product from Sideshow, chicken-littling a piece you have no intention of buying or haven't gotten yet, or demanding a refund because a $100 figure doesn't match the quality of a $150+ figure, etc.

There are board members that do this? Did it happen in this thread???? :lol

Here's a shot of mine, more pics in the photo thread:

IMG_16693.JPG

It's not that hard to do which annoys me that SS didn't:

HanLukeStormtrooper.jpg

Basically, unscrew the torso, remove the center abdominal piece, resize the barbell that holds the torso to the pelvis (it runs through the abdominal piece you'll remove) and then re-assemble. Essentially, the only thing they would have had to do was shorten the barbell and exclude a section of the torso. :(

Hey Nam, how do you shorten and reassemble the barbell? Just cut and superglue?

Thanks.

I had that same thought for modding Luke last night when I was fixing Luke's hip. I didn't know if the ball joint piece would hold up to being cut and glued together.

Hey Nam, how do you shorten and reassemble the barbell? Just cut and superglue?

Thanks.

AK! You found the old post! :monkey4 :monkey4 Great, now we'll hear all the whiney rants about how awful it looks! :lol

Basically bud, there's an easy way, but if you ^^^^ up, you're ^^^^ed. :lol And then there's the $15 way. Let me know which way you wanna lean.

Craw-i got my shipping notice yesterday,it is in transit from Oackland CA to Newcastle Australia.....so i prob wont have mine in hand til wed/thurs Aus time.Vader is being shipped with them-cannot wait!!!!!

people down-under are getting their's before me in the midwest US???:confused:

what gives sideshow?? i had this ordered within the first minute.:huh

They might have got a split shipment on these like the CCC. I am waiting on him even though I ordered it right away too. I called and asked what the hold up was and was told I would be in the second batch arriving in August.

Got home today and opened my Han and luke set...has to go back. Han has two eyes looking the wrong way...just terrible paint work on the eyes...too bad as Luke looks great
009-1.jpg

Last edited:
They might have got a split shipment on these like the CCC. I am waiting on him even though I ordered it right away too. I called and asked what the hold up was and was told I would be in the second batch arriving in August.
I'm from Minnesota too. they must hate us minnesotans. iwas hoping it would arrive next week cuz i'll be home in the mornings to sign for it. the follwing week i won't be around.:(

Back