Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

The more I think about it, the more I'm unsure of a shorter ST Luke. Even if they have modular parts for the armored body, the standard ST armor might not look right. Plus, the regular Luke isn't any shorter than Han, right?

Are you asking if the SS ANH Luke is shorter than ANH Han? Yeah he is shorter.

Are you asking if the SS ANH Luke is shorter than ANH Han? Yeah he is shorter.

Ah, cool. Don't have them in front me.

But the standard ST armor, specifically the thigh bits, might look odd on a shorter body is my worry. Then again that's how it was in the film so :huh

Plus it's part of the "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" line. The armor doesn't actually fit on Luke so it SHOULD look ill fitting.

The more I think about it, the more I'm unsure of a shorter ST Luke. Even if they have modular parts for the armored body, the standard ST armor might not look right. Plus, the regular Luke isn't any shorter than Han, right?

Have you been collecting this line at all, by any chance? :D ;) All the lukes are shorter than Han.

And also, in the movie, Luke doesn't exactly happen to mug a short stormtrooper. his armor is supposed to look oversized.

Have you been collecting this line at all, by any chance? :D ;) All the lukes are shorter than Han.

And also, in the movie, Luke doesn't exactly happen to mug a short stormtrooper. his armor is supposed to look oversized.

Is Jedi Luke shorter as well? All I recall is the bobble head and monkey arms and people buying ESB and Ceremonial Luke bodies to swap em out. :monkey3

I really need to bring these out of storage and display 'em. :duh

Yes Jedi Luke was on the short buck.. everything but the arms. :lol

I'd like it to be $180 as well. It could be that too but I'd be surpised as well if they went over $200.

I'm thinking the cost will be around, or slightly higher, than the Palpatine/Sidious figure set which was $119.99.

No chance. Don't forget that these are armored figures, and may actually come with more than the Stormtroopers did (if they come with both the head sculpt and helmet, which I'm still a little doubtful about). The Stormtroopers are $90 apiece, so it doesn't seem too likely that these would be less than $175.

Now that we're deciding on price and other details, it would be funny if were totally wrong and these weren't coming at all. :lol

The cost of a figure has many aspects, the figure itself, materials, accessories, etc. but some of that cost is also packaging. If they use a 2 pack in actuality the cost will be less. The pricing of packaging will be lower than usual because the cost will be in half....if they bundle like the Endors it'll be higher because its still 2 boxes the whole shebang.

Remember, this time they don't have to pay any artists, except if they come with a couple new accessories.

Remember, this time they don't have to pay any artists, except if they come with a couple new accessories.

Maybe, but I see no reason to think that they would "pass the savings on to us". As a general rule, companies re-use things to boost their profit margin, not so they can lower the price. The non-armored Obi-wan was cheaper than the armored one that used the same head sculpt, it's true, but it was exactly in line with what you would expect a non-armored figure on a Buck body to cost. We didn't see any savings because they used the same head.

Cost will depend on how much work they have to put into it. If Luke has modified Stormie armor, I would expect this to be higher. if they retool the heads only, it should be $180

Man, I hope they modified Luke - I want a quality set.
I hope they come with heads and separate helmets

Back