Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

No. I am almost 100% sure they will be swappable heads. So one normal head and one helmet that both fit on the same neck post.

No. I am almost 100% sure they will be swappable heads. So one normal head and one helmet that both fit on the same neck post.[/QUOTE

That makes the most sense. Even if the base of the old style Buck neck was adapted to fit into the lower base of the neck of the armor body it wouldn't be practical to jimmy the neck all the way down the turtleneck like collar:

1236817191975-1089467760.jpeg

The neck on SS Armor body and the Pro are pretty similar, if not identical, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I know I'm running on about very little but the possibilities for customs and kit bashes with these two figures could be huge!

I'm wondering if we'll get helmets that fit over the sculpted heads (doubt it) or Han and Luke heads HT style on neck adaptors that would then come with a ST helmet that requires the removal of the sculpted heads. This would allow for tons of kit bashing. Great for army building STs, and for using the Han and Luke heads on TT (Han) or even Pro (Luke) bodies for better articulated Ep4 figs?

No. I am almost 100% sure they will be swappable heads. So one normal head and one helmet that both fit on the same neck post.

I think that the swapable helmet & heads are likely. If so, it'll be the same sculpt but modified to be neckless, and prolly cast in trans plastic, like the Clone Obi vs the Ep II Obi so that it can attach to the same neck the helmet does. I really hope this turns out to be the case.

Also, a shorter Luke body and grappling hook would be mighty nice. Maybe they'll make these guys glossier too as they mentioned doing that in the Q&A.

If so, it'll be the same sculpt but modified to be neckless, and prolly cast in trans plastic, like the Clone Obi vs the Ep II Obi so that it can attach to the same neck the helmet does. I really hope this turns out to be the case.

I'm hoping for the same.

I'm going nuts over these figs and I havn't even seen them! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

If the difference between these is similar to the AOTC OB1 buck paint job and the Clonobi paint job are identical I will definitely be getting these.

If the difference between these is similar to the AOTC OB1 buck paint job and the Clonobi paint job are identical I will definitely be getting these.

Yeah, that sums it up. I also liked the idea a few posts ago about a grappling hook for Luke. I know he doesn't use it in full ST regalia but that never stopped SS before (German Indy w/hat and RPG).

Sorry. I mean if the contrast between the two paint jobs (buck style Luke and Han vs. Trooper disguise Luke and Han) is the same as we got in AOTC Obi vs Clonobi I will be very happy to buy these suckuzzzzzz.

I think the paint job will be a deciding factor for me too, if it is lacking I will probably pass. Gotta find some way to start cutting down and that seems as good as any to begin with.

Since the armor and heads are going to be recycled, hopefully these go for a little less money, like $150.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/N-71JQmELrs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/N-71JQmELrs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like to complain more than most about SSC prices, but thats just unrealistic. SSC doesn't lower their prices like that, so getting your hopes up and then getting mad about it if they don't will be just be our own fault.

Now, if its over $200,$205 or so, then I'll piss and moan.

Last edited:

It would be cool if they were modified heads using the cast-in color technique. For that I might be swayed to buy a 2 pack of them. Luke needs to be shorter too... not doing that would be a big no-no in my book.

I agree with Prog, we won't see a price decrease in these. It'd be nice if there were, but I don't think its wrong of Sideshow to keep the price the same. And I like to think that in some way it helps us by reducing the price of another expensive figure. Maybe I'm fooling myself with that thought.

As for Luke being shorter, I can understand the desire for that to be the case, but since these are 12" figures I don't think scale is really going to be something Sideshow is overly concerned with. Maybe if there's an easy modification they could do, but I don't know that there is.

The armor body has a modular center torso piece like the Pro. They could use a taller one for Han and a shorter piece for Luke. The currently released trooper is actually a bit short for Han's height.

These will be over 200$ for sure, I guess there is a hope of 180$, but that would be the cheapest.

Awesome another Han & Luke figure from SSC.
I know they're in Stormtrooper armor but c'mon!
How about someone new for the SDCC!:rolleyes:
:chew

Back