Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09?

I will be interested if they have new sculpts with new expressions. But I will pass if they are recycled sans necks. I can put their heads on the troopers I already own.

I so want these two. Cant wait to preorder them. It will bring back memories of getting the Kaybee two pack from years ago.

They reserve 10% of the Edition Size for the Attendees or Non-attendees?

Sweet! :rock When you say 10%, do you mean that 10% is reserved for attendee's or 10% for online shoppers?

You guys really need to read Sideshow's SDCC FAQ.

Sideshow's con exclusives are ONLY available on their website. Attendees order 1 day before non-attendees. Attendees just pick up their exclusives at the show and the non-attendees have theirs shipped to them. The Non-attendee versions are $5 more than the attendee edtion. But there is no actual differences in the products.

10% of the total edition size are reserved for non-attendees. The other 90% is for attendees. If there is any left over, they are available to non-attendees after the con.

I put the curse and pretty much guaranteed it would happen, when I shot down the idea in another thread :)

I will be interested if they have new sculpts with new expressions. But I will pass if they are recycled sans necks. I can put their heads on the troopers I already own.

I imagine recycling Trev's ANH portraits is almost certain, especially given the silhouettes, the hair's clearly styled, not like slicked back helmet hair or wet trash compactor hair. To keep price down, I'm sure it's Trev's heads slapped on the ST bodies, hopefully something neat like a dianoga or something beyond just the figures will be included to set it apart from just being a kitbash pack.

I hate tyo be a downer but usually the SDCC figures are aren't something that would be a really high demand figure as Luke and Han ST disguise. They are pretty major releases.

I can tell its definatly Han and Luke but I wonder if its the DeathStar esacape versions??

Actually I looked at the pic again and it does appear to be Stormtrooper armor in the shoulder areas. I'm geussing this will be a two pack priced at at least $200.00 since they do usually charge $10.00 more than a regualr preorder.

You can see the shoulder straps of the ST armor. It's them.

When I saw the silhouette it does look like Luke and Han's heads... and shoulder portion looks like the armor. I'd say these two are a lock.

Don't know if I would order them though... too much reuse especially if the sculpts are exactly the same.

I agree, gotta be Luke and Han and they'll have recycled heads. I'm excited about this. I think I may get them.

Just another reminder that what is missing is a 1/6 Chewbacca....:(

Even if they are recycled I will probably still get them because I don't have a Luke yet and only Bespin Han.

If they had new paint jobs i would get them probably, but if not.......

I haven't paid any attention to the ANH Luke and Han, were the paint apps off?

You could say that. Han looks terrible, while Luke looks pretty good, the hair is off. (green/brownish)

Eww, well that may be one way to save some money.

I'm actually ok with the way ANH Luke looks, just not Han. But for me to buy them(cause i'd love these incarnations) they'd have to have new paint.

I guess this kills all hopes of seeing something else new annouced before SDCC.

Yeah, it's definitely them. Not sure I'll spring for them though. I'll have to see if they have some interesting accessories like MaulFan said.

Back