Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird...the new posts function shows Mad Old Jim posted in here, but all I can see is my previous post being the last one...

Weird...the new posts function shows Mad Old Jim posted in here, but all I can see is my previous post being the last one...

Yep - Websites been screwy al night for me. Having trouble uploading images into the Gallery (Gave up) keeps loosing server connection, generally running slow...

Going to bed, try again tomorrow.

BTW M.O.J.'s post has miraculously appeared after about an hour of threatening to be here - Glad your still with us Jim! Thought you'd been sucked into a freak vortex or summit.

Yep - Websites been screwy al night for me. Having trouble uploading images into the Gallery (Gave up) keeps loosing server connection, generally running slow...

Going to bed, try again tomorrow.

BTW M.O.J.'s post has miraculously appeared after about an hour of threatening to be here - Glad your still with us Jim! Thought you'd been sucked into a freak vortex or summit.

:lol

Yeah, the website was acting wonky all afternoon! I didn't know my fate was unknown for a while there!

That is awesome they are doing replacement parts; I hope they do the same for my Han head cause the rest is great! Still waiting to hear from them after about 7-8 days...

I'm really hoping they send me replacement parts for the stuff i'm missing/stuff that is screwed up..

still no response for me though.. going on 8th day at least..

Just got an email from Sideshow confirming they got my return. Although it says, "Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship." :(

they asked me for pics, so i sent them some. All in all, i don't know if they'll send me replacements though. It's a lot i asked for..

both new sculpts.. two new helmets.. two chest armor, one blaster, and luke's belt (this time with the freakin box!)..

i think i might be testing their limits. But hopefully they will just send me replacements and not make me send the whole thing back. That would just be a huge pain in the butt.

Yeah with that much it'll likely be alot easier for them to send you out new figures.

I see that the quality control on these bodies is still hit or miss. My Luke has a really floppy elbow joint. Anyone have success in tightening the elbows up? I don't want to return the figs, as everything else appears to be good.

Did you try giving it a push to see if it's all the way in?

My set was okay. I had decent paint jobs on both heads, Hans was good except I hate the paint job in general what with the too dark hair and the orange eyebrows. Luke was good also but had a few white specks of paint on his face. the bodies, one had loose legs but my actual SS stormtrooper was loose too so that's nothing new to me. they both had the white bumpy patch right where the chest armor connected to the shoulder strap but to me that's no big deal honestly. certianly not worth sending i back over.

Guess I lucked out because I converted the bodies into normal Stomries and the one has been standing unaided for at least 2 weeks now.

OK I'm officially pissed off. I hadn't received anything so I queried Sideshow.

Thank you for your interest in Sideshow Collectibles and for taking the time to contact our customer service department.

The shipments for the Crimson Cobra Commander were split into several shipments, this happens often, however there happens to be a larger gap in between shipments in this case. The remaining Crimson Commanders are scheduled for August and we will alert you as soon as we hear any further information.

We thank you for your patience and should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me direclty. Thank you and have a great day.

Note the absence of any advice about the stormtroopers - which was the order number I provided in the web form.

Lord Azrael said:
You didn't mention what the story was with the Stormtroopers that were actually the main point of the query ? I did receive a backorder notice on the Crimson Commander today for 15 days.

Response

Sorry for the over sight. It appears that we attempted to run the order on 7/24/09. We sent you a decline notice that night, informing you that you had to contact us before 7/31/09 or your order will be cancelled.

Since it’s been a week past the order is cancelled. We are currently fulfilling waitlists on this item, and if you still wanted it, I would suggest that you place yourself on the waitlist.

Note that the order is still active on their system (even after this conversation), there is no status change to declined as there normally is and there was no email from Sideshow (I double checked spam). Always receive Sideshow notices anyway - as I mentioned I just received the Cobra notice today. If I can see the order is still active surely Sideshow can. Its their screw up - why am I being asked to go on the waitlist in the hope that it comes good - which is extremely unlikely at this point in time.

Sorry to hear that Azrael. Did you put that question to Sideshow? Maybe you can ask them for proof that an e-mail was sent. Mistakes happen so maybe they'll see the error was theirs and fix the problem. I hope it works out for you.

Yeah its now sorted so hopefully I'll see them. Glad I didn't wait any longer though. They are going for about $A380 at the moment here and not due for another month.

That really sucks LA! I had a similar problem... I got an addrress change from the time I placed and the time when it was ready to ship. I had to fax them an official request form which they took forever to respond to and then everyone started to get their order and mine said processing. after a few days waiting on an inquiry to the what the deal was they told me then that they could not read the credit card number on the faxed form. They never bothered to actually TELL me that i had to ask what was up. I just got it at a local hobby shop instead and let the order cancel though so hopefully it helped one of you guys get one.

Back