Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m probably being a tad too harsh on it because some of the positives Maul and JAWS have said that worked for them I understand why BUT ultimately it just didn’t feel like the appropriate sequel to 78 that they were selling.

I can't remember what I liked about it... :lol

I remember I enjoyed it though and hating the twist with the Dr.

I think Halloween 2 is the "true" Halloween Sequel. But I am fine with this one also.

The Halloween films have the craziest timeline starts and stops ever!

Its like a Choose your own adventure book :lol

These adventures end with Michael's death.

Adventure 1- Halloween and Halloween 2 (You can decide that it all ends here)
Adventure 2 - Halloween and part 2 and 4 (You can decide it all ends here)
Adventure 3 - Halloween and part 2, 4, 5, and Curse (Still waiting for the next adventure :lol).
Adventure 4 - Halloween and part III (A world where Halloween is just a movie)
Adventure 5 - Halloween and part 2, H20 (You can decide it all ends here)
Adventure 6 - Halloween and 2, H20 and Resurrection
Adventure 7 - Halloween remake (You can decide it all ends here)
Adventure 8 - Halloween remake and part two remake
Adventure 9 - Halloween and Halloween

:lol :lol

Does any other film series do that.. Texas Chainsaw maybe? But they seem to do more of a reboot each time so not really.

I think the question is about H2 (1981), the knife he takes from the Elrod's house and then stabs that lone babysitter girl, he then seems to ditch the knife after that and doesn't pick up another weapon until the scalpel at the hospital.

Oh oh oh. Well the reason for that is that whole sequence was shot afterwards by Carpenter to up the violence.

Yes , I was talking about H2 from '81......

I must not have paid much attention then as I cannot recall a babysitter girl in H2.....how did he kill the doctor at the hospital , the one who was sitting in the chair.....cut his throat prolly ?

Yes , I was talking about H2 from '81......

I must not have paid much attention then as I cannot recall a babysitter girl in H2.....how did he kill the doctor at the hospital , the one who was sitting in the chair.....cut his throat prolly ?

She's technically not a babysitter, just a teen girl home alone. H2 is a pretty good movie, I highly recommend watching it again, as these are all pretty clear.

Here's a kill list, order may not be spot on.

- Teenage girl, butcher knife.
- Security guard, hammer to the head.
- Male Nurse - Strangled to death.
- Female Nurse - Burnt to death in hot tub.
- Doctor - Syringe through the eye.
- Female Nurse - Syringe through the skull/eye.
- Female Nurse - Blood drained from IV line.
- Female Nurse - Scalpel stabbing to the back.
- Marshall - Slit throat with scalpel.

Then there's the weirdest death of the film which wasn't original filmed as a death, Jimmy. He slips in a pool of blood from the IV and passes out later to make his way to a car Laurie's hiding in and pass out again, but seemingly nothing happened to kill him. In TV cuts, they have footage where he ends up in the ambulance with Laurie at the end as a survivor, which makes more sense with what we see, theatrically they edit it like he died which amounts to dying the same as Padme in Revenge of the Sith, he just didn't feel like living anymore :lol

just watched it for the first time. overall I really liked it.

the scene during the trick or treating was FANTASTIC the atmosphere felt like the film Trick R Treat, Myers going in and out of houses killing and back into the streets with the trick or treaters in costume was BRILLIANT...it was EXACTLY what I wanted to see. PERFECT SEQUENCE IMO, one of my VERY FAVORITE sequences in the entire franchise.

there was a bit too much of recycling of the same scenes from the originals, I appreciate nods but man they have to get more creative and original. Bathroom stall scene have happened in H6, H20, Rob Zombie's...show us something we haven't seen before...many more to list...

the house was stupid...I felt the last scene in the dark with the shotgun and flashlight completely killed the momentum despite the tense moments.

overall very well done...thought they could have done without Jamie Lee Curtis tbh

Jimmy might just have fainted due to shock....it's plausible (its like the golden belt opponent (played by Ji Han Jae) Lee fought in Game : yes , Lee did break his back in the film and put him out of commission but he prolly survived :p

Then there's the weirdest death of the film which wasn't original filmed as a death, Jimmy. He slips in a pool of blood from the IV and passes out later to make his way to a car Laurie's hiding in and pass out again, but seemingly nothing happened to kill him. In TV cuts, they have footage where he ends up in the ambulance with Laurie at the end as a survivor, which makes more sense with what we see, theatrically they edit it like he died which amounts to dying the same as Padme in Revenge of the Sith, he just didn't feel like living anymore :lol

Always assumed he was passed out for the remainder of the film.

just watched it for the first time. overall I really liked it.

the scene during the trick or treating was FANTASTIC the atmosphere felt like the film Trick R Treat, Myers going in and out of houses killing and back into the streets with the trick or treaters in costume was BRILLIANT...it was EXACTLY what I wanted to see. PERFECT SEQUENCE IMO, one of my VERY FAVORITE sequences in the entire franchise.

there was a bit too much of recycling of the same scenes from the originals, I appreciate nods but man they have to get more creative and original. Bathroom stall scene have happened in H6, H20, Rob Zombie's...show us something we haven't seen before...many more to list...

the house was stupid...I felt the last scene in the dark with the shotgun and flashlight completely killed the momentum despite the tense moments.

overall very well done...thought they could have done without Jamie Lee Curtis tbh

To each their own, but that scene in the streets was more of the same in other movies, so I really don't see how this was brilliant. Also, I know you said it but no innovation in the movie what so ever. I listed on here prior the negative aspects of the movie and their were many. Nothing was original, atmosphere was awful in this movie, the plot was messy. The movie just did not flow one bit. This was one of the worst of the series, I guess resurrection was the worst but you know what at least that brought something new to the series. Also, RZ part two wasn't the best but that too brought something new to the series in his way. So, I commend Rz for that. So, I can say this one was my least favorite one. I can re watch RZ two just for the kills alone and I thought the atmosphere was a lot better. I did however, re watch this a few times to try and find something to like but I only found the mask as being good. Not scary one bit. Sad to say this is the first Halloween movie that I didn't buy and I won't be in the future. Anyways, your complaints are mine as well, JLC was not Ripley in this she wasn't the best and none of the acting was ground breaking. I also heard pple say that Myers was going to be more human in this and that was a joke. He was more of a robot in this than some of the other movies. Anyways, I think this series is dead and they should leave in that way. After all we got Halloween one and two and I can always re watch those. I just think the decision making in the movie was bad. I mean the cast of teens that die are idiotic in this just asking to die, no real thought or intelligence. The bath room scene the girl could have escaped. The other girl trips on her ****ing sock. Then the guy who thinks it is mr Elrod. I mean dude seriously. I mean how has horror been this stupid with decisions after all I thought we have gotten smarter not dumber. Well, it is what it is.

To each their own, but that scene in the streets was more of the same in other movies, so I really don't see how this was brilliant. Also, I know you said it but no innovation in the movie what so ever. I listed on here prior the negative aspects of the movie and their were many. Nothing was original, atmosphere was awful in this movie, the plot was messy. The movie just did not flow one bit. This was one of the worst of the series, I guess resurrection was the worst but you know what at least that brought something new to the series.

Anyways, I think this series is dead and they should leave in that way. After all we got Halloween one and two and I can always re watch those. I just think the decision making in the movie was bad. I mean the cast of teens that die are idiotic in this just asking to die, no real thought or intelligence. The bath room scene the girl could have escaped. The other girl trips on her ****ing sock. Then the guy who thinks it is mr Elrod. I mean dude seriously. I mean how has horror been this stupid with decisions after all I thought we have gotten smarter not dumber.

Nail on the head.

Watched last night. I don’t watch trailers or follow the production of the movie up to the point of release so I go in fresh. The way it should be folks. Did it blow me away? HELL No. But it was enjoyable. Like many movies when you revisit years after their initial release there is a greater enjoyment. Halloween 2018 is one of those. Happy I made the “Blind” Blu ray purchase…..

I appreciate & enjoy this more with every watch. Maybe I had trouble divorcing all the muddled sequel history. On it’s own merits I find it to be an excellent sequel and a really well executed movie all around.

For, what took repeat viewings to appreciate it more was letting go of my preconceived notion of what defines a Halloween movie. It’s one of the most unique films in the series while still being true to characters previously established.

I liked it better than I thought I would. Its was not spectacular, and the end is the typical horror monster ending.

My biggest problem was all the “memba dis” moments. Hardcore fans only need 1-2 of these , the more ambiguous the better. The average movie goer probably doesn’t catch all the references anyway.

Its was a decent film. I think they missed out on ALOT of potential storylines. They should have played up the dynamic between Laurie and her daughter more, and less with the reporters. Seeing the rift between them, that formed from Lauries militant parental ideals , would have made the switchover at the end more impactful. It also would have been nice to see the stressors be a bit more severe on her daughter before the training conditioning kicked in. Say by making the granddaughter in more peril.

So many things in this that were of no use, the boyfriend, the reporter, and the entire “doctor” subplots could have been jettisoned to make more room for the Grandmother / Daughter/ grabs-daughter dynamic.

It would have made Michael the REASON they all come together in the end, showing that , even from and Evil that once destroyed lived , new good things can be born.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It was ok but some parts were very poorly written.

The whole part at the kid's house with the babysitter and her boyfriend was a real head scratcher.

They couldn't hear him revving up the motorcycle from upstairs yet he could hear her scream from downstairs?

The chick slips and falls like she's a baby deer that's never stood on its own legs before.

Did Michael take the time to get a sheet and cut eye holes in it and place it on the dead body?

Back