Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpeedyCanineLaughingthrush-size_restricted.gif

Personally I found this movie disappointing, I was expecting it to have the atmosphere the 78 film had and the Myers from the 78 film. This was more like Rob Zombie's Myers in a movie with Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie. I actually found the movie quite predictable, maybe its because I have seen all the Halloween movies, but I knew how it was going to end. I am not saying this is a bad movie, just wasn't what I was expecting, they kept acknowledging him as the Shape, but this Myers did not represent the shape, which is what I was expecting when looking at the trailers. It's like they don't even know anymore why he is credited as the shape.
I don't think the end was too shocking, but I didn't see it playing out precisely the way it did. But when I talk about unpredictability, I mean more of who he chose to kill and not kill. He killed the gay kid, but not the baby or the kid getting babysat. He killed the nerdy friend, but not the a-hole boyfriend, etc. I thought Laurie's mom was going to die. They seemed to very consciously establish anxiety over who he was going to kill and not kill, which worked well I thought.

I got to see this on Saturday. I thought it was great. The movie was brutal, unpredictable, and it had a satisfying ending. Myers was awesome. The references to Halloween 2 and 3 were pretty neat. I thought the tone and cinematography were very well done. The only things that really stood out were the wacky Loomis 2.0 subplot, and some awkward humor here and there. The impact of the '78 incident on Laurie felt believable, and it was nice seeing her transition into a Ripley-type bad-ass after an initial trauma.

I was a bit put off by the crowd, though. There were two large groups of very young-ish kids. Anywhere from 4 or 5 to 10 or 11. And I was baffled as to who would bring these little kids to see the movie. I kept telling myself, "surely this is a mistake, and they'll leave when they realize this is the wrong movie." But no. Craziest damn thing. This is why our world is going to hell in a hand basket! One of those kids might turn into Michael Myers.

Thought the same thing during my second viewing of BR2049.....several under 10 there also.

My wife says its the selfish gene....either the parents want to see so they drag the kids along, or they drip the kids there to shut them up so they can do what they want...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So strange that peeps can find him cool in AOU when he just fights robots and has one of the worst lines in the film after killing a drone mid sentence "What was that I didn't hear you"

HATED that line. Reminded me of something I'd hear in a Power Rangers movie or something, kinda juvenile. Same goes for some of the banter in the Hydra battle.

I don't think the end was too shocking, but I didn't see it playing out precisely the way it did. But when I talk about unpredictability, I mean more of who he chose to kill and not kill. He killed the gay kid, but not the baby or the kid getting babysat. He killed the nerdy friend, but not the a-hole boyfriend, etc. I thought Laurie's mom was going to die. They seemed to very consciously establish anxiety over who he was going to kill and not kill, which worked well I thought.

Oh yeah I can agree with all that, those moments you mentioned were quite unpredictable. I assume when you say Laurie's Mom you actually mean Laurie's daughter played by Judy Greer?

Special features for the DVD/Blu-ray/4K releases include:

Deleted/Extended Scenes

Extended Shooting Range
Shower Mask Visit
Jog to a Hanging Dog
Allyson and Friends at School
Cameron and Cops Don’t Mix
Deluxe Banh Mi Cops
Sartain and Hawkins Ride Along

Back in Haddonfield: Making Halloween
The Original Scream Queen
The Sound of Fear
Journey of the Mask
The Legacy of Halloween

I was hoping for the alternate ending that the test audiences didn't like, but maybe we'll see it someday in the super duper uncut Myers cut.

Definitely picking up because I enjoyed it a lot and want to watch it with my dad -- who, according to mum, had mad crush on Jamie Lee Curtis back in the day of the original. :lol

That is a great scene very Cundey like use of steam to hide the ghost mask.

Love the obvious Psycho homage looked just like it too well done.

The theme there would later be picked up by the silly doctor’s arc.

But now i’m wondering if Carpenter almost wanted to pay homage to H3 with the mask being a conduit to evil.

If anything i’m starting to think that YES it should be the mask that possesses the user but Myers as a kid wasn’t wearing the white “Shatner” mask when he killed Judith so there’s that hurdle to get over.

But i’m really starting to think that maybe they should tie Cochran to the “Shatner” mask.

Or not and just leave it a mystery but interesting that focus was placed on the effects of wearing the mask in this movie.

On a side note a coked up JLC had to been fun in the sack lol

Truly nothing better in life than coked up women well that and sharing the OT with your son and also hamming it up with Khev and a-dev in this forum :lol

JLC can look smoking hot all coked up but younger drugged up Lindsay Lohan = yikes burn it with fire. :lol

Imagine JLC trying to steal immigrant children away from their parents like Lohan. :rotfl

Back