Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of Jamie Lee hate. If it wasn't for her, (not her directly but you know what I mean) most of the genre wouldn't exist. She was the first heroine survivor. The OG directors (Craven, Hooper, Carpenter) brought forth the slasher genre.
She was HOT when young and still doesn't look bad. Yeah, she's older, but all of us are approaching that time in our lives, some of us are closer, and some already there.

Theres a lot of hate now because shes a joke now.
Shesdone nothing good for like 20 years,

That's a lot of Jamie Lee hate. If it wasn't for her, (not her directly but you know what I mean) most of the genre wouldn't exist. She was the first heroine survivor. The OG directors (Craven, Hooper, Carpenter) brought forth the slasher genre.
She was HOT when young and still doesn't look bad. Yeah, she's older, but all of us are approaching that time in our lives, some of us are closer, and some already there.

In the slasher genre or just in genera horror? Because there were other 'final girls' before her I'm sure.

Marilyn-Burns.jpeg

From what I understand, this is a continuation of the series, but ignoring that dreadful Halloween 8 with Busta Rhymes.
I've enjoyed every Halloween except for that one.

The original is classic of course. And the others are good popcorn, scary movie night.
I'm glad to hear they're doing another one. :)

Love Jamie, but I wouldn't even consider her a final girl. She fended off the shape sure, but in the first it was Loomis who got the final shot(s) at him off the balcony shooing him away until the sequel where again it was Loomis with the kill blow burning the shape up.

Just another damsel being saved by a man. :lol

In the slasher genre or just in genera horror? Because there were other 'final girls' before her I'm sure.

Marilyn-Burns.jpeg

Love Jamie, but I wouldn't even consider her a final girl. She fended off the shape sure, but in the first it was Loomis who got the final shot(s) at him off the balcony shooing him away until the sequel where again it was Loomis with the kill blow burning the shape up.

Just another damsel being saved by a man. :lol
Yeah. There's also Lila from Psycho*. . .who is also saved by a man at the end :lol

*who, ironically, was rescued by Sam Loomis :horror

https://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003082/

Hate? It's just ball busting for her **** yogurt commercials. She's an icon from Halloween, and some gentle ribbing doesn't change that.

I love Jamie Lee... but this is a joke.

Yeah, we all get to a certain age, doesn't mean we should be doing the same things we did as kids. At least I hope not.

If this franchise started with a masked killer chasing an old woman, there would be no franchise.

The joke is that every actor comes back to do again what they're famous for -- no matter how many times they say they won't. This is the latest example. 'Halloween' is a brand -- this is a cash-grab pure and simple.

I mean, come on, look at this picture...

Baby boomer p0wa!

Dunno glad maybe this will bring a HT figure if the original mask..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a *good* Arnold King Conan movie and a *good* old man Keaton Batman movie (note I said "good") but can't think of any other franchises I'd want original actors to return to at this point.

Once this deaging and full cgi character stuff becomes the norm we will literally see every older movie retold and reimagined, as long as it can make money that is

I'd like to see a *good* Arnold King Conan movie and a *good* old man Keaton Batman movie (note I said "good") but can't think of any other franchises I'd want original actors to return to at this point.
Great point. The worst of all are those Star Wars movies. Those actors need to stop living in the past.

Back