HALLOWEEN Franchise Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and I think alike my friend. :D There is a theatre downtown called the Paramount. Its been closed for years but its one of those old style ones that has the second level balcony. I'd love to buy it but my guess is that the renos would cost over 500-600K to renovate.

I wish!!!

That'd be cool, but I personally always liked the idea of a Drive in that only runs old movies as Double Features. Like a grindhouse deal with roller girls to bring your food and the works.

That'd be cool, but I personally always liked the idea of a Drive in that only runs old movies as Double Features. Like a grindhouse deal with roller girls to bring your food and the works.

Definitely that too. Its funny here in Edmonton we had 2 drive-in theatres that had been around for many many years. They both closed down in the same year. Times are changing and theatres are way better today but it would be nice to have the variety too.

That's pretty good, probably the best replica of the RZ mask you'll get without spending $200+ on custom made ones.

Here's a good shot of the real RZ Mask.

h2-halloween-2009-poster-hq.jpg

Did anyone ever make a custom 1:1 bust of Myers? Maybe using one of those great masks?

I've seen a few people with them, I plan on making a bust out of my mask. I need to pick the piece though, order another jumpsuit to hack up, find a manequin head that works for me, and then I'll probably use wire to build out his shoulders for simplicity. Only catch will be figuring out what to use as flesh for the neck if anything's showing.

I've seen a few people with them, I plan on making a bust out of my mask. I need to pick the piece though, order another jumpsuit to hack up, find a manequin head that works for me, and then I'll probably use wire to build out his shoulders for simplicity. Only catch will be figuring out what to use as flesh for the neck if anything's showing.
That sounds awesome, man. I'd love to do that also. It would be such a great piece.

Well, for me it'd be very easy to assemble and pretty cheap to, should probably run like $50 for the parts to make the bust, the mask was over $100, but still, helps me get extra mileage out of the mask when I'm not wearing it and I don't want to just have mask free floating on display, I want to have the collar and everything showing, the full deal. I'm nutty about Michael's look, it's not just the Shatner mask, but the way the collar was up and just free flowing in H1 just created a whole cool look, even though the Shatner mask was back for H2, Warlock had the collar on the jumpsuit up wrapped tight on his neck, I never cared for that.

I like the RZ mask but the old Micheal Myers is still the real Micheal Myers in my book

Well, for me it'd be very easy to assemble and pretty cheap to, should probably run like $50 for the parts to make the bust, the mask was over $100, but still, helps me get extra mileage out of the mask when I'm not wearing it and I don't want to just have mask free floating on display, I want to have the collar and everything showing, the full deal. I'm nutty about Michael's look, it's not just the Shatner mask, but the way the collar was up and just free flowing in H1 just created a whole cool look, even though the Shatner mask was back for H2, Warlock had the collar on the jumpsuit up wrapped tight on his neck, I never cared for that.
You're giving me ideas, dude. I am going to have to look into this. Maybe have a butcher knife stabbed into the base.

You could do that, it's no for me, I prefer 1:1 busts that have a "person in the room" context and not a lot of extra to it that takes it out of that, the knife would look neat, but I think it would make it seem more like an art piece and lose some of the illusion that he's in the room with you. That's my take though.

I just picked up a NECA 18" Myers for a pretty good deal so I thought I would post some pics. I think it looks pretty damn good imo.

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

At this point i'm done waiting for Sideshow to make something they'll never do so this will have to do. I really like it and I think its one of those pieces you have to see in person and out of the box to truly appreciate. The mouth could have been done better.

I just picked up a NECA 18" Myers for a pretty good deal so I thought I would post some pics. I think it looks pretty damn good imo.
IMG_6231.jpg
IMG_6233.jpg
IMG_6232.jpg
At this point i'm done waiting for Sideshow to make something they'll never do so this will have to do. I really like it and I think its one of those pieces you have to see in person and out of the box to truly appreciate. The mouth could have been done better.
I have to get one of these. I have the McFarlane one and it's not as nice. It doesn't stand up, it keeps falling. And the paint is inferior to the Neca one.

Looking at those pictures, it's a shame the 7" NECA body doesn't look as good, the arms have a goofy gap at the armpit, but on the 18" there, it looks like the arms run nicely into the body as they should.

Funny, so did I. Got one loose for $32. The wife wasn't too happy but I really like it, especially the breathing sound that accompanies the theme music from the sound switch.:chew

Question for you, if you know. Does a theatre buy old film and keep all profits when it has a special screening or is there some sort of royalty a theatre pays? I am of course referring to the older classics.

I wouldn't know as we do these things for free, and just off of a dvd projector. That is a good question...especially since some theatres have been showing rocky horror and other things for years and years. My guess would be they eventually just by the film and its theirs to do whatever they want with it.

Back