HALLOWEEN Franchise Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
halloween-poster.jpg

It's occurred to me that any Halloween related thread innevitably strays off the exact topic because there's a lot of passionate Halloween fans on this board, and yet there's never been a central location to discuss all things Halloween.

So, this shall be our place to share. Post anything you want, thoughts, photos from the films, collection pics, custom figures, custom masks. If you love Halloween, let this be your asylum at Freaks.

Last edited:
Don't see why this is necessary given that there are probably 50 or so Halloween threads catering to the specific topics that would be addressed in this "general" thread alone. Utilizing the search feature to identify a topic and refresh the thread would be more appropriate than the bombardment of topics, and ADD nature that's likely to occur here. Perhaps you'd be better off petitioning Dave for a Halloween forum?

:dunno

Because it's all scattered, and as some courtesy, I don't want to continue harping on how much I disliked RZ's H2 and how much more I liked the older films, this way people can have fun discussing the ones they like here and people that enjoy the RZ film can have that thread to themselves.

Halloween discussion is very scattered and I think it would be more fun to have it all in one place and really role. Someone gets a new mask and short term there's discussion in there, someone makes a new custom, short term there, I want to have long term discussion and enjoyment of these films.

Because it's all scattered, and as some courtesy, I don't want to continue harping on how much I disliked RZ's H2 and how much more I liked the older films, this way people can have fun discussing the ones they like here and people that enjoy the RZ film can have that thread to themselves.

Halloween discussion is very scattered and I think it would be more fun to have it all in one place and really role. Someone gets a new mask and short term there's discussion in there, someone makes a new custom, short term there, I want to have long term discussion and enjoyment of these films.

And just how do you expect fans of the new films to not bring that discussion in here when it's a "franchise discussion" thread for freaks to discuss the franchise, i.e. all aspects of it? Plus, if someone doesn't like the current topic, they'll likely start their own thread to show a custom, mask, etc. Rather than post in the Halloween custom thread, SilentSurfer started 5 threads alone to show off his custom headsculpt. Did you really think this through? :huh

If you want long term, use search and find the thread, post and refresh it. The last thing we need in this forum is to turn Halloween into what the TDK fans did in the DC forum. :lol

Last edited:
I had a photo of all my Myers figures at one time, guess it's lost, have to take another one.

Right now, I've got:

NECA Carpenter Myers
NECA Carpenter Myers Loomis Diorama Set
McFarlane Michael Myers

I've also got 3 custom figures so far.

Sovereign Studio Carpenter Halloween Myers and Loomis

4.jpg

7.jpg

DarkArtist Carpenter Myers

poster5.jpg

This past summer, I finally started to assemble a Carpenter Myers costume, picked up my first (probably going to get another) Shatner replica maks and thanks to DarkArtist, sourced an accurrate jumpsuit.

SWMM5.jpg

SWMM7.jpg

I've been acquiring some Halloween posters this summer too, so far I've picked up the original posted at the start of this thread and the Halloween 6 poster, despite the questionable quality of the film, I like the poster art, and I plan to pick up the H4 and H5 posters as well, because they depict the Shatner mask nicely.

I've also got the scores to every Halloween except H20 and RZ's H2.

Nothing wrong with a good Halloween discussion. Now if SS would just make us a Myers PF then I would be happy.

Nothing wrong with a good Halloween discussion. Now if SS would just make us a Myers PF then I would be happy.

Innevitable it'll get asked in this year's spook chat, and I'm sure the same answer will follow.

It really bums me out how licensed Friday and Nightmare get, but Halloween not much. Even with the Rob Zombie films, those get no more attention than NECA and McFarlane gave Carpenter's film. I really think there's good money in Halloween merchandise, if done right, but no one seems to want to grant the license to manufacturers and get some extra cash.

Nice Myers stuff, Maulfan. I'm going to have to take pics of my stuff and post them. I have an original print of the original poster. I don't have it hanging at the moment though.

I might get a large poster at some point, but with all the collectibles and things I have, I find it more realistic for space if I confine my movie posters to 11 x 17 prints, which is what all my Halloween posters will be at the moment, big enough to enjoy the artwork, but small enough you can hang a large number of them. With all the posters I hope to have up one day, full size would be too much and wouldn't look classy.

I used to have a full size poster of this shot back in college but it got beat up and I had to get rid of it, don't see too many out there depicting him, I haven't seen the one I had in a long time.

michael-myers11.jpg

I like this topic!

I'll be posting a bunch of pics when I get home and I'm not locked out of photobucket.

Great call Maulfan!

Originals are pricey, I'm amazed how cheap StarWarsShop sold original 1983 Return of the Jedi theatrical posters for when they first opened.

Of the Halloween poster art over the series, I'd say my favorites are H1, H4, H5, H6 and RZ's H1. I don't care much for the weird pumpkin in the original H2 poster, H20 and Resurrection focused too much on people and not enough on Michael. RZ's H2 official poster is just terrible, it's like a half-assed fan poster. There was a posted poster art for it that looked better but wasn't used.

Wanted to share this with everyone.

This is the Halloween theme that I performed myself. I used Apple's Garage Band software to play and piece this all together. Halloween theme is one of my all-time favorite movie themes and I've been experimenting with music over the past year and given my Halloween hype of late, I wanted to take a stab at the Halloween theme, pun semi-intended :lol

MaulFan's Halloween Theme

Awesome idea Sean! :)

I will add my 2 cents on the Halloween films ratings:

Halloween 9.5/10
Halloween 2 8/10
Halloween 3 7/10
Halloween 4 6.5/10
Halloween 5 2/10
Halloween 6 3/10
Halloween H20 8/10
Halloween Resurrection 2/10

Compared within the Halloween series alone, I'd say:

Halloween - 10 / 10
Halloween 2 - 8 / 10
Halloween 3 - 6.5 / 10
Halloween 4 - 7 / 10
Halloween 5 - 6 / 10
Halloween 6 - 7 / 10
Halloween H20 - 8 / 10
Halloween 8 - 5.5 / 10
RZ Halloween - 7.5 / 10
RZ Halloween 2 - 4.5 / 10

Halloween is the only film I like out of the entire series but I think it's the best slasher film ever made and I watch it every Halloween.

Same. Its an old tradition for me.

Compared within the Halloween series alone, I'd say:

Halloween - 10 / 10
Halloween 2 - 8 / 10
Halloween 3 - 6.5 / 10
Halloween 4 - 7 / 10
Halloween 5 - 6 / 10
Halloween 6 - 7 / 10
Halloween H20 - 8 / 10
Halloween 8 - 5.5 / 10
RZ Halloween - 7.5 / 10
RZ Halloween 2 - 4.5 / 10

You're too nice :lol

You're too nice :lol

Well, they had aspects I enjoyed. Halloween 5, all in all I'm not a big fan, worst mask, weird characters, but I just really love Donald Pleasance as Loomis, if he weren't in 4-6 I'd probably like them much less, but his performance and the continued storyline of Loomis was just really good to me. What gives Resurrection any favor with me is the opening sequence with Laurie and some of the cinematography in the Myers house. I can sift through the crap and enjoy some of the highlights.

Back