HALLOWEEN Franchise Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out that a theatre not to far from where I live plays Halloween on Halloween. Screw the dvd, I'd love to see it in a theatre. :lol

Now Playing did an AWESOME Friday the 13th retrospective, so I can't wait to hear this one. Thanks for the heads-up.

It's very interesting to listen to some of their commentary on the first 2, some of their criticisms are actually missing what Michael's about, they're criticizing how you don't get a motive for him in the first movie, that was the whole point, he kills without definitive motive, that's where the sequels went off course.

I just found out that a theatre not to far from where I live plays Halloween on Halloween. Screw the dvd, I'd love to see it in a theatre. :lol

Thats awesome, a theatre in Philly is running Braindead/Dead Alive on Halloween night.

...dang Im going to have to check around here and see if there playing anything special for halloween.

the dvd or bluray will do bro, nothing to get upset about. :lol You can't beat the comfort of your home. It's tradition to me to watch it on the amc chanel every year on Halloween. All the good stuffs cut out but it's just tradition. :lol

Hehe I know but its more special to see a classic at least once on the big screen. Back in 96' one of the older theatres downtown played Scarface at midnight. That was a real treat for me :D They also played Up in Smoke too ............ well that settles it, I need to buy and renovate an old theatre and play old classics! :D

I work at a local theatre and we've been planning 13 movies for the month of october for like employees and friends and stuff. We've got some pretty cool stuff planned out. I'm really making a push to show Halloween 2. I love that movie so much.

I work at a local theatre and we've been planning 13 movies for the month of october for like employees and friends and stuff. We've got some pretty cool stuff planned out. I'm really making a push to show Halloween 2. I love that movie so much.

Question for you, if you know. Does a theatre buy old film and keep all profits when it has a special screening or is there some sort of royalty a theatre pays? I am of course referring to the older classics.

Hehe I know but its more special to see a classic at least once on the big screen. Back in 96' one of the older theatres downtown played Scarface at midnight. That was a real treat for me :D They also played Up in Smoke too ............ well that settles it, I need to buy and renovate an old theatre and play old classics! :D
I always wanted to own a theatre. I wanted it set up classic style/ old fashioned and have a gift shop along with an arcade that sells horror figs, statues, shirts and posters. I want the inside to have life-size predator, alien, Terminator etc. That place would rock! :lol

And have different nights set for different things like horror night and classic night. And when we play any F13, Nightmare or Halloween movie if you dress up as them you get half off ticket price. :D Man, I'd love that.

I always wanted to own a theatre. I wanted it set up classic style/ old fashioned and have a gift shop along with an arcade that sells horror figs, statues, shirts and posters. I want the inside to have life-size predator, alien, Terminator etc. That place would rock! :lol

You and I think alike my friend. :D There is a theatre downtown called the Paramount. Its been closed for years but its one of those old style ones that has the second level balcony. I'd love to buy it but my guess is that the renos would cost over 500-600K to renovate.

I wish!!!

You and I think alike my friend. :D There is a theatre downtown called the Paramount. Its been closed for years but its one of those old style ones that has the second level balcony. I'd love to buy it but my guess is that the renos would cost over 500-600K to renovate. I wish!!!
That's the EXACT kind I want! :lol Man, if we could man up 250 or 300 k each we could be business partners. :lol :rock

That's the EXACT kind I want! :lol Man, if we could man up 250 or 300 k each we could be business partners. :lol :rock

Nah you wouldn't like it here, its ^^^^ing miserably cold in the winter :lol But we have a cool fixer upper theatre :D I would love to do this one day for real.

Nah you wouldn't like it here, its ^^^^ing miserably cold in the winter :lol But we have a cool fixer upper theatre :D I would love to do this one day for real.
Yeah, I'd have to leave everything up to you 'cause you live up there. You'd have to man the place. :lol But yeah, in all seriousness, it would rock to get to do that someday. :D

Back