Hall of Armor options when you are late to the game?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've collected a few SS and HT figures before, but I just bought my first Iron Man; the Diecast Mark III on preorder. But then, before it even ships I bought the Mark 33 "Silver Centurion" too. I am trying to keep it "simple" but I do have my eye on a Mark III construction and a Tony Stark- so BOOM, I guess I collect Iron Man now. :rotfl

So It looks like that at least two different versions of the Hall of Armor was released to go with Iron Man 2 and another one for Iron Man 3. I have seen these on Ebay and the after market price isn't kind. I also saw some clear HOA from a company called Toysbox that might be ok as is, but I am also wondering about getting one to paint the sides and back wall to look more like the movies. I am not sure what else is out there that could be an option besides these.

In the end, all I want is two (no more than three) and I would settle for one. So what say you Iron Man collecting Community? What does everyone recommend for those getting into this late in the game? If I buy an after market HOA, which one has the best value? What about other options? Has any one constructed anything from scratch before?

The first hall of armor from iron man 2 are the best, these are box shaped. The second versions are from IM 3 are made of cheap styrofoam and are not very good. If you can, pony up and get the first versions

I am in the same situation as you Jaymas. And LipSmack is right (IMO!) the IM2 HoA are much better than the HPP version. If you can find some for a decent price, do that. I will/would if I can afford it. The Toysbox ones look interesting too and I found a store on Facebook called Forty42 who seems to sell all the different variations. I am waiting on a reply from them and will update you once I find anything.

They seem to do a few versions, 1.0 (IM2 style, clear, no LEDS), 2.0 (IM2 Style, LEDS, clear and grey versions) and 3.0 (HPP style, LEDS). They all look pretty good (although the grey looks a little bland) and the 1.0 versions can have an LED kit added. You can get custom front panels too (and ones to fit the Hot Toys versions) of a lot of the IM suits, not just 1-7.
I am interested to see what they are like in hand though, has anybody here bought one?

Don't get the cheap styrofoam ones. You should be able to buy the nicer individual bays for 150-200 apiece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$_12.JPG
$_1.JPG
917_HallofArmor.jpg
$_12.JPG

Don't get the cheap styrofoam ones. You should be able to buy the nicer individual bays for 150-200 apiece

I'm guessing the styrofoam ones are the "Party Protocol" ones from Iron Man 3? When I saw those I wondered if they were styrofoam? If true they don't look too bad, but priced way to high for the material its made out of.

The Toysbox ones look interesting too and I found a store on Facebook called Forty42 who seems to sell all the different variations. I am waiting on a reply from them and will update you once I find anything.
Great! Thanks, let me know when you hear back :)

I think this is the basic Toysbox one. It looks like a possibility. I wonder if anyone ever tried to paint it? Also, I wonder if you can link two or more together like you could with the ones from iron Man 2?

The ToyBox HoA is probably your best bet if you want to save money. You can grab those and repaint it grey to match the original Hot Toys one.

You can repaint it to any color actually since they look to just be clear acrylic.

The original plastic HOA bays were sold in both IM2 and IM3 packaging and they were featured in both films.

You could buy them individually for both movies but there was an IM2 4 pack and an IM3 7 pack

The styrofoam HPP bays were released much later but are based on the wine cellar bays in IM3, which you see for a split second as Mark 42 goes into the wine cellar for storage.

I have many of both of them and IMO you should buy the bay the suits your display.

If you're displaying the original 7 marks use the original plastic HOA bay. If your displaying HPP armors, use the HPP Bays.

Just about everyone hates the HPP bays because they think they look cheap, but I wonder how many of these people actually owe them

I have extensive information about customizing both versions in this thread https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...om-hall-armor-projects-display-base-mods.html

Here is a picture of my ever evolving display:

I think this is the basic Toysbox one. It looks like a possibility. I wonder if anyone ever tried to paint it? Also, I wonder if you can link two or more together like you could with the ones from iron Man 2?

Yep, there's a 3.0 version now that comes with LED's. I've seen a display of 30+ of them together and it looked better than HT HOA's imo.

$_35.JPG

The original plastic HOA bays were sold in both IM2 and IM3 packaging and they were featured in both films.

You could buy them individually for both movies but there was an IM2 4 pack and an IM3 7 pack

The styrofoam HPP bays were released much later but are based on the wine cellar bays in IM3, which you see for a split second as Mark 42 goes into the wine cellar for storage.
Thanks

I have many of both of them and IMO you should buy the bay the suits your display. If you're displaying the original 7 marks use the original plastic HOA bay. If your displaying HPP armors, use the HPP Bays.
I'm not trying to recreate either specific location from the movies as much as I am wanting something which inspires the feel of Tony's lab from both the movies and the comics. I only have two armors right now. I have the Mark III on preorder and the Mark 33 is in the mail. I also have the Mark III under construction piece on waitlist and I may pick up War Machine. I also just ordered the latest Tony Stark from the Arc Reactor Creation accessory set.

My thought was to have a shelf with Tony working on the Mark III construction piece with the Mark 33 and War Machine in a HOAs behind him as if they are yet to be used prototypes. It's not accurate to the timeline of the movie but thinking about the scene I have imagined gives me a nostalgic feeling for the comics I grew up with combined with an appreciation for the movie's interpretation of design. The Mark III I have on preordered would be on a different shelf altogether out "on an adventure" ;)

So right now I would just want two HOA, but if I might want to expand some later to 3 HOA's, no more than 4. I like the Stealth Armor and I'd be tempted to get the Mark VI if they ever re-release in diecast. Again, I like those for the comic book feel of them. I may like the armor they plan to use in Civil War as it seems to resemble the "Bleeding Edge" Armor of the comics, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Just about everyone hates the HPP bays because they think they look cheap, but I wonder how many of these people actually owe them

I actually think they look nice, I just wonder about durability and value if they are made with styrofoam. For the right price though I wouldn't hesitate to use these.

I have extensive information about customizing both versions in this thread https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...om-hall-armor-projects-display-base-mods.html

Wow, nice stuff there. Thanks.

Here is a picture of my ever evolving display:

Great display!!! :clap

Yep, there's a 3.0 version now that comes with LED's. I've seen a display of 30+ of them together and it looked better than HT HOA's imo.

$_35.JPG

Looks nice. I am thinking I like the 1.0 version though. no lights but they look more like the ones from IM2 (but clear). I wonder if version 1 HOA from Toysbox also hook together?

Looks nice. I am thinking I like the 1.0 version though. no lights but they look more like the ones from IM2 (but clear). I wonder if version 1 HOA from Toysbox also hook together?

By 'hook together' are you asking if the bases are made to snap together? Looking at the product pics I don't see them snapping snugly together but I may have missed something. You could line them up close to get the same effect. I'll try and dig up the pic I had of multiple Toybox HOAs to give you an idea of what it looks like, and it looked awesome. :lol

They do line up like the hot toys versions fyi, chekc it.

Attachments

• Hall Of Armor Bays.jpg
    Hall Of Armor Bays.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 66
Back