Half price shipping for non US Customers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimFeliz

Super Freak
Reaction score
SS it would be nice when you are running free shipping offers for the US that you could include half price shipping for international customers. With the price of shipping right now it would be a huge incentive for me to order, and I'm sure others would take advantage of the offer too. When it was offered a few spooktaculars back I took full advantage of the offer, and would love to see it again.

Please don't forget us international customers because the way the economic climate is at them moment I'm sure you are getting less of our orders (you are from me). So anything to reel us back would be appreciated.

That would definitely be a huge incentive to me too. While I don't pretend to understand how the US can be declared officially in recession and yet have its dollar gain power over the pound, Aussie and Canadian dollars, I do know that I consider almost daily canceling all my SSC pre-orders because the figure price plus exchange rate, plus shipping makes these ridiculously expensive.

It would definitely help. I am grateful that Sideshow does hold back figures if you have something else coming to combine shipping.

the other thing that might make it a tad cheaper would be if one of their distributors here would act as a clearing house (i.e. bulk ship all autralian orders to them say 1/month, then ship out from there).

I don't really think that one is going to happen though.

It would definitely help. I am grateful that Sideshow does hold back figures if you have something else coming to combine shipping.

the other thing that might make it a tad cheaper would be if one of their distributors here would act as a clearing house (i.e. bulk ship all autralian orders to them say 1/month, then ship out from there).

I don't really think that one is going to happen though.

They have always been good with combining shipping and I appreciate that.

That would be a good idea. Yeh I doubt it would ever happen too. Just with shipping and the Aussie dollar right now it's starting to sting.

That would definitely be a huge incentive to me too. While I don't pretend to understand how the US can be declared officially in recession and yet have its dollar gain power over the pound, Aussie and Canadian dollars, I do know that I consider almost daily canceling all my SSC pre-orders because the figure price plus exchange rate, plus shipping makes these ridiculously expensive.

I wondered that too. I did a bit of researching. Form what I can understand The Australian dollar is a commodity-based currency so when they are low our dollar is weak. That is a very basic explanation though.

Last edited:
They have always been good with combining shipping and I appreciate that.

That would be a good idea. Yeh I doubt it would ever happen too. Just with shipping and the Aussie dollar right now it's starting to sting.

I wondered that too. I did a bit of researching. Form what I can understand The Australian dollar is a commodity-based currency so when they are low our dollar is weak. That is a very basic explanation though.

But would that explain the falling value (relative to US) of Canadian $, pound, euro, etc too? Eh, I dunno - when it comes to financial discussions it's usually best for me to just sit in a corner and look pretty.

How do you go about asking for combined shipping? Depending on when the Stormtrooper is due to ship I might need to ask for Indy to be held back for a while.

I really wonder whether it would be worth SSC's while to look into an Australasian warehouse, much like their European one. Basically they are shipping their products to the other side of the world and then back again. Maybe the customer base in Asia and Pacific isn't large enough to make that economically viable though.

I really wonder whether it would be worth SSC's while to look into an Australasian warehouse, much like their European one. Basically they are shipping their products to the other side of the world and then back again. Maybe the customer base in Asia and Pacific isn't large enough to make that economically viable though.

We do have an Australian distributor, which supply's all our local stores and that would be with the stock sent via ship I suspect, given that it takes a good month between US release and it showing up down here.

Given the cost of the air mail shipping, and our hopeless dollar, I'm not sure even half price shipping would help us all that much.

But would that explain the falling value (relative to US) of Canadian $, pound, euro, etc too? Eh, I dunno - when it comes to financial discussions it's usually best for me to just sit in a corner and look pretty.

How do you go about asking for combined shipping? Depending on when the Stormtrooper is due to ship I might need to ask for Indy to be held back for a while.

From what I have read the Canadian, NZ and some other courtiers are commodity-based currency too so I guess it does some what. Then again I'm no expert. Of course the economy is complicated so it is a mix of many factors.

I'm my experience you will get an email from SS saying that will be combine XX order with Y order to save on shipping. I have requested in the past but the repose I always have gotten is they will try but can’t guarantee to. It wouldn’t hurt to flick an email and ask, but they have always been good in doing it for me without having too. Of course they will only do it if the items are being release close together.

We do have an Australian distributor, which supply's all our local stores and that would be with the stock sent via ship I suspect, given that it takes a good month between US release and it showing up down here.

Given the cost of the air mail shipping, and our hopeless dollar, I'm not sure even half price shipping would help us all that much.

We do, but not for the exclusives. Trust me I buy a lot from SS and half price shipping would entice me on speicals.

Half price shipping would be great, I'd certainly consider buying more stuff.

Seriously, $50-$70 USD for a 1/6 figure is ridiculous

We do, but not for the exclusives. Trust me I buy a lot from SS and half price shipping would entice me on speicals.

Thats true, I really only get the regulars, since I tend to get them much cheaper and usually the exclusive bits don't interest me.

I've hardly ever seen Sideshow products in stores around here, but then again I haven't been back in Sydney for long, so maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

And airmail shipping isn't the problem - it's sending them via courier. When you have guys like Joe (Mista305) who I have a bunch of Hot Toys orders with who can and will send them for US$25 via USPS, SSC's shipping really starts to look unreasonable. I understand that there are insurance considerations shipping with USPS, but I'd be more than happy to commit to a waiver in order to get such a lower rate. It really does feel like we're being gouged by SSC just because we live in another country.

At the very least International collectors ought to have a discounted shipping rate. If stateside shipping costs $20, for example, then the international rate should be lowered by that same amount.

When I lived in New York (when I first ordered Indy) I believe the estimated, non-discounted shipping for Indy was estimated at a little over $9. Now it's around $50. That's just a joke.

I have been seriously considering at least half of the things I have ordered because shipping is just getting ridiculous. I have some items nearly finished with flexpay and others that are must haves. But a few will get canceled for sure.

I've hardly ever seen Sideshow products in stores around here, but then again I haven't been back in Sydney for long, so maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Here in Adelaide I have one store that is packed full of Sideshow stuff and another that can order any of it that's at the Australian distributor.

But yes, FedEx is so far from not being cheap, but can't you contact SS before placing the order to ask for cheaper shipping (one assumes using USPS). I know I got a prize giveaway sent like that.

Anyway, I guess anything that would make things cheaper, would be a good thing.

When I lived in New York (when I first ordered Indy) I believe the estimated, non-discounted shipping for Indy was estimated at a little over $9. Now it's around $50. That's just a joke.

I just had PF Anakin shipped. Shipping was $115. Mind you that was $US so even more for me.

I just had PF Anakin shipped. Shipping was $115. Mind you that was $US so even more for me.

So around $180AUD and thats just for the shipping, let alone the statue as well.

Makes one think that all sales down our way are going to start drying up.

The weird thing is when Sideshow attempts to save me money, example: shipping via
UPS or Fedex ground I end up paying double or triple in fees and duties. I found that by shipping Fedex international while still expensive I end up with cheaper duties and fees.

I'd definetly be all for that, just feels at times that they're happy to take your money yet you get treated like a second class customer when it comes to some of the extras offered the domestic customers. Obviously we can't expect the same free shipping deals but an equivalent reduction would be appreciated.

Back