Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just occurred to me... now you've got to redo all your home theater gear and calibration. :panic:

7a80a9fb4938e2996e58d8d383c4a894.jpg

Yep. I have a lot of work ahead of me...great space for it though. [emoji4]

Sweet! Is the ATF stamp process pretty easy? I'm moving tomorrow morning to a state where I can own pretty much anything. :rock
It's really not that long. I'd suggest going with a Trust with someone like Silencershop. Then it's as easy as filing the paperwork and paying the $200 stamp for each item (I have 4 suppressors now, and 2 short barreled rifles).

Getting a Class III stamp from the ATF will require some footwork but it's all straight forward (i.e. passport photos, Form 4 from your LGS, signature from your local Sheriff Dept, fingerprints, etc). The hardest part is the wait. The turn-around time from the ATF is notorious for being an eternity. Two years ago, 6 months was a minimum, but most were at 12 months of waiting. Oh yeah, the tax is $200.

Regarding the move...you lucky dog!

The process isn't that bad. The Checkmate was bought and paid for in November, check was cashed by the ATF in mid-December and it finally came back the other week. Maybe 6 months give or take. I had another one that came back in 3 1/2 month from start to finish.

Overall I'd suggest considering a suppressor that is multi-caliber rated and that seems to be a trend (good one) that most companies are going with now.

For a quick test in the backyard:

I think the bullpup design keeps all of that away from the chamber, but I wanted to hear what you experienced with your TAVOR in that regard.

Wish I could get a VP9 in Commifornia. :(

I think the bullpup design keeps all of that away from the chamber, but I wanted to hear what you experienced with your TAVOR in that regard.

Wish I could get a VP9 in Commifornia. :(

Honestly it's not something I really noticed more or less of when I shoot suppressed. I do notice more gas in the face when I'm shooting it with the can.

Getting packed up for an upcoming trip:

2q9w1up.jpg

Last edited:
Well, here's the Bren after I brought it home yesterday. Within the hour I filed a Form 1 on Eforms. Now to sit back and wait. Well not really, I'm probably going to the range next Friday to shoot it some. Then I'm going to sell my old AR to finance a Trijicon MRO to put on the Bren.

30af6fd.jpg

Ok long time no post, but we got hit hard with some bills and then had to pay taxes so I haven't been allowed to get any new toys lately. I'm also planning to re-do the floors so the wife put an arms embargo on the house. However, as all of these issues go I have found a loophole....she did not state I couldn't "accessorize" any of my items. I saw these Match Weights on another HK specific forum a while ago, and saw that they were available for the VP9. So I decided to order one and try it out. It only weighs a few ounces so it's not incredibly hefty, but you do notice the extra balance on the front end of the pistol. I plan on heading to the range next weekend so I'll take it with me to see how it shoots.
mlnnmu.jpg

2gv78z4.jpg

Where can I get those match weights for the VP9? and what do you think of them now that you've had them for a little bit?

It's been a while since I've posted on the forums, but here's a pic of my new EDC. My wife is now using my old Shield so I had to get another single stack 9mm. I decided on trying an XDs.
2n9hnh1.jpg

And my latest finished project. CZ Bren SBR with ACR stock. Sig Romeo 4c on top. The only thing I'm waiting on is a new sling for it. I'm hoping that Geiselle gets on the ball and puts out a nice 2 stage trigger for this baby.
fubb7r.jpg

Very nice build man, it looks awesome. I have the Romeo 4c on my Kriss, it's so much clearer than my eotech's. I'm currently waiting on 4 stamps so that's been fun lol.

Good acquisition there brother! I almost got a CZ 805 Bren S1 carbine myself 2 months ago. I delayed and someone else jumped on the deal.
The ACR stock looks perfect on this. I would do the same even though it would get pinned here in CA. I would just have to have the OAL at 30".
I couldn't find how many pounds the stock trigger is, but it doesn't matter if you're putting in a Geiselle. It'll be night and day difference I'm sure.

Back