Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came across this thread.

I collect and shoot a variety of different firearms, mostly Heckler and Koch, Glock, Sig, Beretta, Colt ARs, and various AK variants.

I got my personal grail piece a few years ago when i picked up a HK mark 23. Ive wanted one for a bit but HK stopped making them the years I became interested but then resumed production.

I picked one up for a bargain at $1800 and it goes into rotation as my nightstand gun along with my USP45 tactical and Beretta 92fs.

I own about 65 guns. 60 out of the 65 are handguns, two colt LE6920s, Mossberg 500, Polytech AK and norinco Ak.

I was at a point a few years ago where I would buy a new gun every pay check. I started to slow down and buy around five or so a year as I have what I want and then some.

Still thinking about picking up a Remington R1 Enhanced soon as a local shop has a "used" (never shot) one for $675.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I was going through my facebook memories and apparently I bought this Mark 23 three years ago on this day. I drove 50 miles one way in a snow storm to meet the guy at his local gun shop and did the transaction.

Its my grail piece.

ec44e516cac5aae1bf85cb6752515529.jpg

b8bafad1960134ce860a72715cffd112.jpg

Here is my current favorite: Ruger .357 Vaquero

Small chip in the ivory grip bothers me a little.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 118
You didn't like the AR shotguns HW? I think everyone is waiting on a VP45. Do you have the VP9 or 40? I'm thinking of getting one or the other. Thinking of starting with the 9 first.

I have a VP9 and love it. It's currently my nightstand gun, but I do plan on taking it out on a couple 2 gun competitions.

2s8fg3q.jpg

I was going through my facebook memories and apparently I bought this Mark 23 three years ago on this day. I drove 50 miles one way in a snow storm to meet the guy at his local gun shop and did the transaction.

Its my grail piece.

ec44e516cac5aae1bf85cb6752515529.jpg

b8bafad1960134ce860a72715cffd112.jpg

Man I always heard those were massive but seeing the pic really drives that home. I have one of the collector edition USPs they did. It's an expensive piece but I refuse to put it on a pedestal and still use it often.

DSC_0162.jpg

Man I always heard those were massive but seeing the pic really drives that home. I have one of the collector edition USPs they did. It's an expensive piece but I refuse to put it on a pedestal and still use it often.

View attachment 242842

Heres some comparison pics that a few guys did on the HK boards a few years ago with the Usp45 tactical. The internals are built to go to hell and back in both guns.

The gun is big, but not overly heavy and handles .45ACP beautifully. I was getting Ed brown, Wilson, and les Baer 1911 groupings with it.

Also, nice USP. I love that color combo.

2aef8d4d6d90cf2dff720e14bef63522.jpg

53258f1a5eb9ac3cc12fbaa0f37d94e2.jpg

79b8166f5ea9c661fe4ab16f9f630abf.jpg

Yeah I'd love to have one. How man rounds of 45 per mag? Mine holds 16 of .40 with the jet funnel mod.

They only hold 12 rounds which is low for a gun that big but it was designed in the late 80s so I guess it had its place.

I love my USP40s that I have. I have an old KF (1994) date code USP40, a newer Usp40 compacg, and also a USP40 tactical.

I know a lot of people choose the 45 in the usp but I love the .40 in it. Shoots like a dream.

Tks HW. I'm def getting one. Looking to get the LE one with the night sights. $629 is the lowest I've found it. for.

No problem. I will say that you can find them decently priced. I hope that HK can release a 45 version in the next year because I feel that they're (at least to me) superior to other striker fired pistols. The only issue I have is the bore axis. After shooting CZ pistols and my all-time favorite gun, the P7, a lower bore axis is a huge deal to me.
I bought my VP9 from topgunsupply when they were first released, and they were competitively priced, shipped super fast, and great customer service. Check them out to see if they can help you out.
Guns For Sale | Gun Parts | Shooting Supplies

Limited Edition Noveske Infidel Units ACOG & RMR : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

would love to have this but no way am I spending this kind of $$$

I've never owned or even shot a Noveske rifle so I can't comment on their rifles, but that's insanely priced for an AR rifle. That's a freaking car and with the prices I think you can build a rifle that's on par with build finish.

Ok guys I finally have some pic updates. I managed to get my workstation in the garage finished for now. Eventually I'm going to build a reloading station so I can get back into reloading (fun little hobby that was relaxing)
20h1ywx.jpg

1678dnn.jpg

My first project on the bench was to install the 922r compliance parts for my Scorpion SBR. I also have some aftermarket parts installed. Spring Kit, Flat Trigger, Extended Charging Handle.
dy7n00.jpg

And my Incog Eclipse for my Sphinx finally came in. Wow, that was a long 6 weeks. I have been wearing it around the house since yesterday to try to get used to wearing it appendix. It's a comfortable holster, but I think with my body type (short and stumpy) it's going to take a while before I get used to it.
2eqb9xv.jpg

ancvf8.jpg

Tks HW. I'm def getting one. Looking to get the LE one with the night sights. $629 is the lowest I've found it. for.

What's the difference between the VP9 and the HK P30 and/or HK45? They look kinda the same.

I carry a P30 I like a lot. Been wanting an HK45 or HK45c.

SnakeDoc

What's the difference between the VP9 and the HK P30 and/or HK45? They look kinda the same.

I carry a P30 I like a lot. Been wanting an HK45 or HK45c.

SnakeDoc

VP9 is a striker fire gun like Glock/M&P pistols. P30 is more like a regular hammer fired pistol. Here's a pic of my VP9 and HK45 compact. If you notice the hammer on the 45 that's the difference.
nz0sn4.jpg

2gxqvf5.jpg

Lucked out and got a Carbine from the recent CMP Sale. They announced it on Thursday and had 5000 orders on Monday for 1000 rifles.

https://postimage.org/

Mostly correct 1944 Winchester, including original barrel and stock.

Going hunting for a FNX 45 tactical in the morning.

Ive sorted of snubbed them being an HK elitiest but watched a few reviews and could use another host for my can.

Back