Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For any NFA / Suppressor related information I recommend checking out the FNH forums. I've been spending more time there than other forums as I've found it's a very friendly and mature population of users that are open to providing information. Many of the vendors are active on that forum, SilencerShop employees in particular, and are quick to answer a lot of questions without attacking people.
SBR, Suppressors and NFA Items

(None of them claim to be attorneys or ATF employees, but they just share what they did and worked for them when they embarked on this process)
+1 for the FNH forums.
I use to be an active participant in their SCAR threads.

cool, also I heard they put out another email rebutting the first email. Saying how you shoot your firearm in NO WAY changes the classification of the firearm. I'll look for the link. But for now it seems fine to shoulder your ARpistol. Just don't put a vertical foregrip on it. Only the angled one.
Which is true since the release of the SIG Brace. It seems the ATF is just going in circles here.

Thanks for the updates. We have to do our best to keep each other well informed. :duff

Does a vector in 9mm pretty much negate it's need for any sort of recoil reduction???

that would be my guess, I think they just made one because they COULD. Also it's interchangeable so it's not like it's that big a deal. Guess the idea was if you run out of .45 ammo just pop on the 9mm one and you are good to go.

I pulled the trigger on the Daniel Defense 300 blackout upper, should ship today and be here next week. Now to go get me a sig brace. Not sure if I want to order from Palmetto State armory $110 plus shipping or try and find one local for more. Then my next project is to get me a suppressor. The AAC advanced armament is offering a $200 rebate which would pay for the tax stamp so that is tempting, but I've got my heart set on the mini socom from Surefire. $1200 is the cheapest I've found them.

To hell with TiVo, check out my new EVO!
405b8470c8a5cd54599b5dcff9aae384.jpg

6121ad14adf06e04f6d39f933009af3c.jpg

I pulled the trigger on the Daniel Defense 300 blackout upper, should ship today and be here next week. Now to go get me a sig brace. Not sure if I want to order from Palmetto State armory $110 plus shipping or try and find one local for more. Then my next project is to get me a suppressor. The AAC advanced armament is offering a $200 rebate which would pay for the tax stamp so that is tempting, but I've got my heart set on the mini socom from Surefire. $1200 is the cheapest I've found them.

Just curious, why do you want a suppressor? As a suppressor owner myself, I'll be the first to admit this article raises a couple of valid points.

The shotgun silencer: Not really silent - Feb. 1, 2015

Double-barreled 1911s debuted at the SHOT Show. Since we're all movie buffs here, I'm pretty sure a lot of you will dig these as they're just begging to make it into a movie.

9a26ad17dca9bc9d231c0c2c2d4810ee.jpg

79c158917c314b00a71b8a7f8982b9b3.jpg

ca3c4e1a9c2563ed55d548b7c5855cb0.jpg

Congrats on the acquisition.
Did you end up getting the 10" upper?
I like the Surefire mini for it's dimensions (shorter) and price, but I'd imagine the AAC would be better at attenuating noise with the longer baffle core.

To hell with TiVo, check out my new EVO!
405b8470c8a5cd54599b5dcff9aae384.jpg

6121ad14adf06e04f6d39f933009af3c.jpg
Nice!
This was one of two firearms my LGS said they ordered. The other being a Sig MPX-P. I told him I've got dibs on whichever comes in first. Even put down a deposit.
Alas, our deadline to DROS such a firearm here in Cali was 12/31/14. :mad:

The Sig was the first to come in and is being sold to an out-of-state customer. They're still waiting on the CZ.

I'd like a range report on that CZ. I believe they had them at kygunco for a while but I don't see it on their site anymore.

I'd like a range report on that CZ. I believe they had them at kygunco for a while but I don't see it on their site anymore.

Gun performs great, minimal recoil, accurate, flawless & intuitive operation.

First 20 shots at 7 yds, with the majority of them performed with two-handed operation. The one flyer was during one of my single-handed shots.

0212eeffecc7f054836cec60983f5a7e.jpg

Congrats on the acquisition.
Did you end up getting the 10" upper?
I like the Surefire mini for it's dimensions (shorter) and price, but I'd imagine the AAC would be better at attenuating noise with the longer baffle core.

yep, the 10.3" upper that is on sale for $679, should be here Monday.

Just curious, why do you want a suppressor? As a suppressor owner myself, I'll be the first to admit this article raises a couple of valid points.

The shotgun silencer: Not really silent - Feb. 1, 2015

Are you talking about suppressing a shotgun or rifle? Trust me they def suppress sound. If you are using a rifle and it's still loud then you prob aren't using it correctly.

Are you talking about suppressing a shotgun or rifle? Trust me they def suppress sound. If you are using a rifle and it's still loud then you prob aren't using it correctly.

I'm talking about rifle suppressors, the shotgun one is just a cute gimmick. I guess loud is relative, when you're pushing out 130 dB or more, to me that's loud.

Back