Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally bought a threaded barrel for my VP9. I have my fingers crossed that my paperwork for my Octane 45 comes back soon so I can fully utilize the threaded barrels. Also, I was lucky enough to get my order for a CZ Scorpion Evo S1 today, and I hope it will arrive by this time next week. As soon as I get it in hand I"m going to submit my forms for a SBR so I can get a stock for it.

Here's the VP9:
2s8fg3q.jpg

Finally got my AR pistol lower in. Got held up at my FFL a couple of weeks because the guy works late. No biggie since I wasn't in a hurry to grab. He ended up not even charging me for the transfer for the wait so it worked out well for me.

Not bad for $129. I thought I was going to have to put it all together so I was totally surprised it was all put together. Just have to get me an upper to finish it out.

Sexy! I am working on my AR pistol now, building from a stripped receiver. What size barrel are you putting on yours? Also be slightly cautious, the ATF just recently updated their stance on the Sig brace.

what did they change? As far as I know as long as it's on that brace you don't have anything to worry about. Am I wrong? I'm going for a 10.3 inch 300 AAC blackout upper.

I'm planning on SBR'ing mine anyways so it's not that big of a deal to me. Want to to get that done and put a silencer on it. Is that NFA tax a one and done or is that something you renew every year? Anyone know? HWookie?

OH okay I see it now.
BREAKING: 1/16/15

So I can't go somewhere in public and shoot it while shouldering the brace? Really? How are they going to know? Really?

I'm planning on SBR'ing mine anyways so it's not that big of a deal to me. Want to to get that done and put a silencer on it. Is that NFA tax a one and done or is that something you renew every year? Anyone know? HWookie?

Ya it is pretty ridiculous. I never intended to get a Sig brace but I will still shoulder my buffer tube. Gonna SBR the next one. You will have to double stamp, one for the SBR and one for the silencer. You only have to do it once though. However, if you are going to SBR it, you will need to get the lower engraved I believe with your name or trust name, since I believe you are manufacturing a weapon.

cool, also I heard they put out another email rebutting the first email. Saying how you shoot your firearm in NO WAY changes the classification of the firearm. I'll look for the link. But for now it seems fine to shoulder your ARpistol. Just don't put a vertical foregrip on it. Only the angled one.

cool, also I heard they put out another email rebutting the first email. Saying how you shoot your firearm in NO WAY changes the classification of the firearm. I'll look for the link. But for now it seems fine to shoulder your ARpistol. Just don't put a vertical foregrip on it. Only the angled one.

Did you find it? I can't seem to find that and no one has mentioned it on reddit yet.

The NFA Stamp is a one and done thing unless you sell it or give it to another person. Then I believe that person needs to file for a new stamp for that item. Now, you need a separate stamp for each item though. (If you SBR a pistol or rifle you need a Form 1, and for each suppressor you need to file a Form 4) Please do some reading on this as I researched into it over 2 years ago, and there may have been some changes with the SBR stuff.

For any NFA / Suppressor related information I recommend checking out the FNH forums. I've been spending more time there than other forums as I've found it's a very friendly and mature population of users that are open to providing information. Many of the vendors are active on that forum, SilencerShop employees in particular, and are quick to answer a lot of questions without attacking people.
SBR, Suppressors and NFA Items

(None of them claim to be attorneys or ATF employees, but they just share what they did and worked for them when they embarked on this process)

f17bc866826fb544d4037ab01132cc02.jpg

As seen at the SHOT Show this week. Double-barrel 1911s. Destined to make it into a title-undisclosed action or sci-fi film this year.

My two latest purchases. They are like brothers from different mothers:

207xruo.jpg

It's sad to see that S&W Performance Center just doesn't make guns like this any more. They could have been giving Sig Mastershop a run for their money right now.

282ovoz.jpg

Sig could learn to offer better presentation and packaging of their Mastershop guns.

358ukw3.jpg
Big thumbs up for the P226! :hi5:

Back