Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at all.

I would advise you to go to a local gun shop (closest to your father) and perform the paperwork there.

Every gun shop will have their own fees, so be sure to ask to avoid any surprises.

My shop said we could do a inter-family transfer over the net.

https://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Transferring_Firearms_Among_Some_Family_Members

It says long guns need no paperwork and we both live in CA. Weird that CA would have such a convenient law in this case. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm honestly stunned that it could be this easy.

At any rate, I bought his gun already and was jealous so I bought the other one they had for myself.

now for something different..

i've been flip flopping between an FS2000 and KRISS Vector carbine. they cost roughly about the same. i'll end up getting both but for now i'll get the KRISS first.

the dealer i spoke with said it's on backorder for 2-3 weeks. i've tried others but he's the only one who will ship it in "featureless" configuration for me.

i know this is an impractical firearm but it's not about being practical here. just something different to add to the collection! :)

here's a pic of what it will look like.

f6115dde.jpg

Has anyone ever given a gun as a gift? I'd like to get something for my father for Christmas, but I live far enough away that I would have to buy something and then transfer ownership. Is this a pain in the ass?

Transfer ownership? What state are you in? No such thing in the states around me.

So I went in to my lgs to get the Kimber 1911 and low and behold they have a Colt 1911 gold cup trophy SS. I messed around with both guns a bit and the owner who's really cool said he'd set both aside for a few days while I decided which I want.

Tough decision ahead!

You can never go wrong with the original. That being said, I've had a full size Kimber for some years now and it has always performed flawlessly.

now for something different..

i've been flip flopping between an FS2000 and KRISS Vector carbine. they cost roughly about the same. i'll end up getting both but for now i'll get the KRISS first.

the dealer i spoke with said it's on backorder for 2-3 weeks. i've tried others but he's the only one who will ship it in "featureless" configuration for me.

i know this is an impractical firearm but it's not about being practical here. just something different to add to the collection! :)

That KRISS is a very impressive firearm. The way the system was engineered to deal with recoil is impressive to say the least.

I got to shoot one about 2 months ago and have to say I might be getting this one.

Also, it may look different, but it's far from impractical. Quite the opposite, actually.

That KRISS is a very impressive firearm. The way the system was engineered to deal with recoil is impressive to say the least.

I got to shoot one about 2 months ago and have to say I might be getting this one.

Also, it may look different, but it's far from impractical. Quite the opposite, actually.

my order is in! i can't wait for it to arrive. :hi5:

my order is in! i can't wait for it to arrive. :hi5:

My LGS told me it comes with a single round, top loader set up. I thought that was stupid as it really negates the low recoil advantage. I understand it can take a glock magazine though. How is yours set up and what else is required to be CA compliant?

My LGS told me it comes with a single round, top loader set up. I thought that was stupid as it really negates the low recoil advantage. I understand it can take a glock magazine though. How is yours set up and what else is required to be CA compliant?

i know AR15 rifles can be configured to load from the top with a permanently attached magazine but i would never buy anything in that configuration. you would have to push out one of the pins that attaches the lower and upper just to load. that's so sad. :(

the KRISS i ordered is set up in "featureless" config. see the previously posted pic above. i should get it in a few weeks. i got confirmation from my dealer today. :yess:

btw, UPS delivered a package for me today.

P1070267.jpg

ready for storage.

P1070268.jpg

ready for a fun day at the range!

P1070270.jpg

Back