Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't have a P226 but i absolutely love my P220. i've only read great things said about it so you probably can't go wrong with Sig. again, i have the USP Compact in .45 and it's a great pistol to shoot. great right out of the box. slide is very smooth and easy to maintain. HK magazines are a bit on the pricey side but they make a quality product. sorry, i'm no help to ya. :D

I got my nice tax refund last week and decide to spend some of it on a nice new toy. I'm kind of having a hard time deciding on which to get so I want to know what you guys think based on if you own one or both, or at the least fired one.
I've been wanting one of each for a couple years now, but I can only get one right now.

Here's what I want:
Either a Sig 226 Navy edition or a HK USP compact (9mm or .40)

Well, the p226 is a full size and the USP is a compact. Do you want it for carry? I love my HK USP 40 tactical. Best gun I have ever owned. But I really want a P226 now. I know that isn't much help because both are great guns. The USP you should be able to get at a deal now since HK changed models. Perhaps that might be deciding factor?

^^^Yeah I want something I can fit in the gun sleeve under my car seat. Right now I carry my Ruger P345, but its size isn't really ideal for quick equipping should I need it.

I do a bit of airsofting when I have the time. I'm currently using a Steyr AUG with a CQB kit on the front and a 3 point tactical sling:
2-All.jpg

and a Tokyo Marui Tactical Master pistol:
TacMasterBoxOpen.jpg

I also have a Double Eagle M56DL shotgun, but I don't have any pics of that yet.

i've always loved the Steyr AUG design. very nice!

i can get an MSAR STG-556 but it's such a pain to get it CA legal.

Thanks!
It's a great gun, especially for CQB stuff; because the barrel still runs almost the whole length of the rifle (the gearbox is at the very rear of the gun, in the stock; IIRC it's actually got a longer barrel than an M4 does) it's still accurate and powerful, but it's also pretty short in front of the handle which makes it easy to use in close combat.

i can get an MSAR STG-556 but it's such a pain to get it CA legal.

The MSAR is a great gun. The bulpup design is ideal. Very little felt recoil and very accurate. Easy to field strip. It is a lot easier than the AR-15. I would get the AUG over the STG-556 though. The Steyr AUG is the original classic design. Both are great guns. Either way....You can't go wrong.

i'm picking up my first revolver tomorrow! whooooweeee! i can't wait!

i'll also be heading out to the range on Friday. it's been a while since i've gone. the weather lately has been beautiful.

finally i'll shoot my AR pistol. i took off the iron sights and put my Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T scope on it. so excited! :gun

here's the latest configuration for my AR pistol. i'll be adding a sling and Surefire X300 light up front.

IMG_8998.jpg

IMG_8999.jpg

I got a maverick 88 that I want to either put a folding stock on or one of those tactical stocks. Any thoughts on what maybe better and any places online to get for a good price.

Very nice P1X4R! We have indeed been having some beautiful weather lately(except for that freak rain storm a few days ago). Perfect for putting some rounds down range.

I'll be picking up this beauty on the 12th:

P226-9-SCT1.jpg

:chew

P226! :drool Congrats!

I love Sigs! the P220 was my first handgun. I still love it! the slide is so smooth. i wish we could get the stainless elite.

Holy moley, love that muzzle break. What's it chambered in? Any difference between the V and the XVR series?

it actually comes with two muzzle break options. it can shoot s&w 460, 454 casull, and 45 long colt. i believe the XVR is longer. 5" vs (8.5" or 12").

i'll be shooting it tomorrow. :chew

i just got back from the range. wow! the S&W 460V rocked! shooting 454's from it felt like massive booms. guys next to me said they could feel the shock from it! unbelievably fun!

the AR pistol was fun too. i'll need to change the scope on it. it definitely needs a red dot sight. the recoil on it was surprisingly manageable.

it was an awesome day. another beautiful bright sunny day. lots of people out today. i met and got to chat with a couple of fellow gun enthusiasts. it's always nice to meet up with like minded hobbyists.

So how accurate was it? Say compared to a semi-auto? I saw some youtube vids and it seems to have quite a kick, and as you described a noticeable concussion radius.

Back