Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anyone here uses a pelican case to store their firearm? If so any directions on good deals where I can get a pelican case?
Also since my state requires 10 round mag, I'm looking at getting the custom magpul 10/30. It's the mag that they rivet a 30 round mag that can only fit 10 rounds. Is that even legal?

I would not use anything else. The foam comes1 of 2 ways depending on the size of the case. It will be either pick-n-pull (pre-cut into small squares that can be pulled out to fit the item being stored in the case) or the solid ones which come in 3 layers. The second layer is the one that gets cut to the shape of your item. And you do that yourself unless you know of specialty shops that might do it.

My SPAS is in a Pelican 1720 case.

Edit - eBay is where I found the best prices for new cases...even with shipping. But they are still fairly pricey.

I would not use anything else. The foam come 1 of 2 ways depending on the size of the case. It will be either pick-n-pull (pre-cut into small squares that can be pulled out to fit the item being stored in the case) or the solid ones which come in 3 layers. The second layer is the one that gets cut to the shape of your item. And you do that yourself unless you know of specialty shops that might do it.

My SPAS is in a Pelican 1720 case.

Edit - eBay is where I found the best prices for new cases...even with shipping. But they are still fairly pricey.

That is the exact one I was looking at because of the extra space for the hand gun. Is $180 a deal? Where did you get yours?
https://www.opticsplanet.net/pelican-1720-watertight-protector-rifle-cases-w-wheels.html

I just tracked down locally a Springfield M1A Socom 16 for $2100. Is that a deal? I'm really tempted to get it. When did it start to get hard to get your hands on one? Or was it always hard to get?

Thats nice, I was looking at the the troy rails for the M1A but damn it cost over a grand for it but its freakin sweet with it. I was thinking of just waiting and getting one on gunsamerica.com. Is that like ebay?

i saw GI Joe tonight. i noticed that some of the weapons used in the movie were

Steyr Aug
FN FS2000
HK G36

That is the exact one I was looking at because of the extra space for the hand gun. Is $180 a deal? Where did you get yours?
https://www.opticsplanet.net/pelican-1720-watertight-protector-rifle-cases-w-wheels.html

I think that will be a fairly good price. I am betting that if you hold out, you could find one 20 dollars or so cheaper on eBay. But it would not likely be worth the wait. And it would likely be pre-owned, so the foam may already be cut. You can buy the foam separately...but it is like 50-70 dollars by itself. I think I would take that deal.

I may get a second one for me as well.

I am not a real big collector but I do have a couple of guns.

I have one pistol; a Springfield .45 Milspec version. I bought this 4-5 years ago.

I just bought an AR-15 earlier this year. I looked around for a while and decided to get a Rock River Arms Mid length A4 version. I haven't been able to shoot much but I love it so far.

Ronnie

Got my Benelli M2 Tactical a couple weeks back. Its way fun to shoot. I love it. Highly recommended for anyone looking to buy a shotgun....man I forgot the kick of a shotgun

looks like it!

https://www.imfdb.org/index.php/G.I._Joe:_The_Rise_of_Cobra

btw, i picked up my USP .45 Compact and Saiga 7.62 last night. i can not wait to take these new toys out to the range! :chew

Congrats P1X4R! As for hand guns I'm looking at a USP45 Tactical or a 1911. Do you like the feel of the Compact better than the full size? BTW, I did order something for my M4 yesterday which I don't have yet. I ordered 2 Magpul 10/30:lol

Question from a non gun owner. I can get a smith wesson 357 model 66 with 6-inch barrel for $450. Is this a fair deal. How about for a first piece? I trust the seller completely too.

Congrats P1X4R! As for hand guns I'm looking at a USP45 Tactical or a 1911. Do you like the feel of the Compact better than the full size? BTW, I did order something for my M4 yesterday which I don't have yet. I ordered 2 Magpul 10/30:lol

i haven't held the Full size yet. i'm going back tonight to check one out. the Compact in my hands feels very comfortable and ergonomic. it would be easy to conceal/carry. my Sig feels "thinner" in comparison.

here's a barrel and overall length for comparison

Sig P220 Combat 4.40" / 7.70"
H&K USP Full 4.41" / 7.87"
H&K USP Compact 3.8" / 7.09"

Get the HK USP Compact...really nice.
Some of my collection includes:
Beretta 92FS
Mak90
AK (sar-3)
Bushmaster M4
Saiga 12
Mossberg 12 Tactical
Marlin .22
Sig p220

Question from a non gun owner. I can get a smith wesson 357 model 66 with 6-inch barrel for $450. Is this a fair deal. How about for a first piece? I trust the seller completely too.

Seems fair to me...but I have to admit to it being a long time since I bought a revolver.

It would be great as a first pistol. Revolvers are largely safer than autos (at least older autos) and will still introduce you well to the kick.

Back