Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to bash you, Nash. But a lot of things about this video just scream "political ploy to defame concealed carriers" to me. And it starts with the fact that it is a gun-unfriendlyl news agency running the test and it continues with the name of the videos "PROOF the CCPHs live in a dream world". It is not proof because it is all contrived to ensure that the CCPH fails. In a real situation with a real CC, they would not have acted anywhere near as poorly as those in the video and the assailant(s) would not have been so well rehearsed. Almost all of the aspects of the scenario were built to ensure the failure of the CC. And lets not forget that CC training specifically goes in to detail about how a CC should never assume anything in a critical situation...so a good one will, by his training, never believe he is the savior of the moment.

A few points on the subject:

1) The main subject in these scenarios was not even a real CC...he was a gamer given 5 minutes of training. To even suggest that a true, experienced CC would believe that a video game would give them any tools to work with to be a CC is almost insulting.

2) The main shooter knew who was CC and where they were...in real world...that is not likely with an experienced CC. They know to shut their mouths about carrying so they would not be playing with their weapon under their shirt and trying to impress the girl next to them by telling her they are carrying.

3) In the possibility of multiple assailants, the second one is also not likely to know who and where the CC is. So this means that the CC is not likely to be the second target of the first assailant and the first target of the second one.

4) In the real world, people are not going to run toward the assailant, so it is not as likely that someone will run in front of the CC when he is this close to the front of the room.

5) An experienced CC would know to sit in the back of the room if that is at all possible (thereby making the possibility of an innocent getting in front of him more likely, but that is not what this video shows), and not to jump up and Rambo the assailant. He knows that the first priority is getting cover (preferably), but at least concealment. He would have dropped behind the desks first and then quickly drawn his weapon while he started using what he saw and hears to evaluate his next move. And he likely would then wait to hear the assailant changing magazines before he popped up to fire because he knows that to try to gain fire superiority over someone who has the initiative and is facing you is an act of desparation and only has a real-world use when a soldier is already stuck in an ambush.

6) Adjustments have to be made on the spur of the moment to account for multiple assailants.

7) And experienced CCs also understand that in most states...even if you are a CC...you are required to first attempt to retreat. So getting cover/concealment right away also covers you for that requirement and you can argue that your evaluation of the situation found no other way out than to shoot.

8) And then there is the whole ability-to-put-a round-in-the-assailant thing. Wow! There are some poor shots in that video. An experienced CC is a great deal less likely to suffer that problem. I know damned well that I can put a round in that man's head at that distance with a snub-nosed pistol, so the two .45 rounds in his chest that would be more practical in this case would be a cinch. It then becomes about being level-headed in a given situation, and knowing you can make the shot helps that a lot. Then you just have to get over knowing that they are shooting back but that is aleviated with maintaining cover/concealment until they are changing mags.

9) Oh...and lets not gloss over the fact that it is very unlikely that there will be a CC in a college classroom because most colleges have then banned.

Inexperienced CCs and non-CCs don't realize a very important point...concealed carry is primarily for self defense and not for being a superhero to save lives. There are those who get permitted because their responsibility is protection of others...but not the normal, private CC. So playing Rambo to kill the assailant will normall just get a CC added to list of dead people. In a room of 30 people...if the CC saves 10 and himself...that is ten more people than the permit is intended for.

This is a pretty hastily composed respnse so it may be a little sloppy, but I think it at least gets a few of my thoughts across. As I have been saying, there is good information to take from these videos...it would be a good exercise to make the CC trainee to see how to maintain clarity of thought in a chaotic situation, but it does not accuratelt re-create any real-world scenario. But training is not the intent of these videos. This is an attempt by people who are afraid to let people carry concealed to "prove" that nobody should.

I believe there are situations where non-U.S. citizens can have a gun. But those rules will differ from state to state so it is best to just go to verify it with local experts.

I can't believe you took the time to spell all of that out. Kudos to you. :duff :rotfl

Why do you guys think this video is some sort of conspiracy? i dont understand.

The point of the experiment was not to fail or succeed. it was to see how "normal" people with little to no firearms combat training would react in a situation that would rely on their ability to access and carry out the proper criteria for SAFE and EFFECTIVE firearms usage.

Those of you who are saying the video is rigged....well yeah it is rigged, it is an experiment where EVERYONE in the room knows what will happen except for one person. That is the ____ing point. The people they were testing all thought it would be a piece of cake to defend themselves if ____ hit the fan, and they ALL got a reality check.

Much like some of you in here who think just because you had prior military training or have a CCW license that you are above and beyond the people in the video. give me a break and get off your high horse. if ____ hit the fan in a public establishment and you had to use your weapon, i highly doubt you guys would perform even close to how YOU think you would.

A point that I forgot to cover...some would and some wouldn't. Common sense dictates that you don't know until you are in the situation. But I bet a real, well-trained CC would perform miles ahead of the people in this video. Nobody can say that being a CC is the gift of godly powers to make you win in these situations. But you better have confidence going in anyway or you have set the stage for failure. Training gives you the tools to build that confidence...and the more training, the better...it is up to the individual to let having those tools give them the confidence to act. You still MAY not win if you act...but you CERTAINLY will not win if you don't.

A point that I forgot to cover...some would and some wouldn't. Common sense dictates that you don't know until you are in the situation. But I bet a real, well-trained CC would perform miles ahead of the people in this video. Nobody can say that being a CC is the gift of godly powers to make you win in these situations. But you better have confidence going in anyway or you have set the stage for failure. Training gives you the tools to build that confidence...and the more training, the better...it is up to the individual to let having those tools give them the confidence to act. You still MAY not win if you act...but you CERTAINLY will not win if you don't.

:lecture Agreed. I usually keep my 9c on my waistband, or in my car when I can't take it where I'm going (work, on base, etc.)

Keltec has a new "shorty" shotgun:

https://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=21767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y3IhwZs40Mg

i may be the owner of one of these babies very soon.

ofu7h3.jpg

^nice bro! Damn you got the HK bug :lol :rock
Did a little window shopping and I like the balance of the 4" barrel GP100. Oh and the owner is smart hiring her as sales and posting it on FB.
dee8cca0.jpg

e1aa58bc.jpg

Cute enough. Looks like she's aiming for her own head, though. At least her finger isn't on the trigger. Does she actually know anything about guns, or is she just window-dressing?

Honestly, I'd rather buy from grizzly old Vietnam vet that knows his weapons than a cute, but clueless, little blonde thing. Let the clueless little blonde things serve chicken wings or something. Then again, a cute chick that knows her weapons is worth her weight in gold.

SnakeDoc

Cute enough. Looks like she's aiming for her own head, though. At least her finger isn't on the trigger. Does she actually know anything about guns, or is she just window-dressing?

Honestly, I'd rather buy from grizzly old Vietnam vet that knows his weapons than a cute, but clueless, little blonde thing. Let the clueless little blonde things serve chicken wings or something. Then again, a cute chick that knows her weapons is worth her weight in gold.

SnakeDoc

Seems like she's only part of the show case and does the paper work. The owner answers all the questions. She's real cool, when she passed by I asked the owner if she's the model in front of her. I later then asked her for help, asking to see a pistol on the lower case :rock Perving :lol instead of trying to be a sales she asked personal question, where I'm from? where I live? etc. :lol but I left right after because she already had me. Like I said, smart owner.

Speaking of 'a real, well trained CCW', check out this one against 4 robbers who were stalking him.

[ame]https://youtu.be/GmadBLAvnfw[/ame]

^nice bro! Damn you got the HK bug :lol :rock
Did a little window shopping and I like the balance of the 4" barrel GP100. Oh and the owner is smart hiring her as sales and posting it on FB.
dee8cca0.jpg

e1aa58bc.jpg

both are nice! trying to recognize the shop from the background but i have no clue. where is that?

Sending payment for the HK USPc stainless 9mm later this afternoon. Im so stoked to get this as these are pretty hard to find for sale in like new condition. IMO the most beautiful two-tone stainless polymer handgun ever made.

chad, what's the name of the shop? i'll go check it out next time im in that area.

Speaking of expensive, i was blown away at SEC's ammo prices. super good deals. a box of 50 .45 ACP gold dots for $30 or so...and before that I bought a box of 20 from Young Guns for $45.

Im pretty over Young Guns, everything there is way over priced. It's only SEC or OGC for me from now on.

chad, what's the name of the shop? i'll go check it out next time im in that area.

Speaking of expensive, i was blown away at SEC's ammo prices. super good deals. a box of 50 .45 ACP gold dots for $30 or so...and before that I bought a box of 20 from Young Guns for $45.

Im pretty over Young Guns, everything there is way over priced. It's only SEC or OGC for me from now on.

Wassup Chad! It's called xringsecurity https://www.xringsecurity.net/

Yup SEC has great prices on .45s, Young Guns also has sales once in a while. I like their blazers in 9mm, I think if it goes on sale for about $14 a box.

Nice score on the USP 9. Sweet looking piece.

As for that Ruger GP100, I'm thinking on buying it at budsgunshop and use their 90 days layaway program. Plus I won't pay taxes, free shipping and the money I save I can put it towards a few speedloaders.

Jumped the gun and put $200 down on layaway for the GP100 4" :rock and gonna pick up my Sig P226 MK25 hopefully this Friday.

Next to cross off my list is a shotgun and a .308

Jumped the gun and put $200 down on layaway for the GP100 4" :rock and gonna pick up my Sig P226 MK25 hopefully this Friday.

Next to cross off my list is a shotgun and a .308

:rock Very cool man. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a Sig 226 later this year. Probably closer to Christmas, but who knows...if a good deal comes across I might just pull the trigger before that.

:rock Very cool man. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a Sig 226 later this year. Probably closer to Christmas, but who knows...if a good deal comes across I might just pull the trigger before that.

:rock thanks bro! Budsgunshop has a pretty decent price on the MK25 and that 90 days layaway can help if you don't have the funds.

Finally picked up this bad boy. Took 3 hours of my day registering it because the LGS made a mistake when giving me the serial number over the phone, this was a special order. But at the end of the day it put a big smile on my face.
1f674ae3.jpg

Back