Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to share this during my trip to my LGS yesterday. A couple around their 50s were looking at some hand guns. I think the husband wanted to buy a home defense gun for his wife, but while watching them the wife held a Ruger sp101 and couldn't pull the trigger or couldn't even ____ the hammer back. Wow, I know you could get a lighter trigger but I would never imagine that.

Anyways the only S&W I own is a cheap knife. The M&P-15, M&P45 and 686 model was on my list for purchase but ended up getting something else. Oh well :lol
78b033b2.jpg

Came very close to buying a used Viking Tactics M&P 40 today. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but the finish on the gun was worn and IMO too significant for the $$$ It was only $50 less than a brand new one. I told the guy if they'd take $100 off their asking price I'd take it otherwise have a nice day.

Came very close to buying a used Viking Tactics M&P 40 today. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but the finish on the gun was worn and IMO too significant for the $$$ It was only $50 less than a brand new one. I told the guy if they'd take $100 off their asking price I'd take it otherwise have a nice day.

Sounds like he's having a nice day.

But check out gunbroker. There's one listed for $645 and another for $699. Very good choice. She's a beauty.

Anybody know where I can pick up a birds head grip for a remington 870? I remember seeing one one here, any leads much appreciated

Tempted to also pick up a M&P 40 or a glock in 40 just to own a 40. Leaning more towards the M&P.

Are you in the military? They got good price if you are.

Tempted to also pick up a M&P 40 or a glock in 40 just to own a 40. Leaning more towards the M&P.

Are you in the military? They got good price if you are.

Retired military. Yeah, their discount is great, but I really like the VTAC sights, and the dark earth finish looks cool too. I might just go with the regular 40 and just buy the VTAC sights.

Thinking of a M&P 9mm for exposed duty carry. But not sure if I should get one with a magazine disconnect safety or not. Just think if some tries to take the weapon it would be handy, but also know this mechanism is hotly debated. Just wondering what The Freaks thoughts were.

Interesting article on the subject.
https://blog.nugun.org/2010/02/25/the-hotly-debated-magazine-disconnect-safety/

I'm kind of against the magazine disconnect. The choice is yours, but I'll never own a pistol that has it. In my opinion, the only true benefit of a magazine disconnect safety is to prevent us from shooting ourselves or others out of sheer stupidity. If you have kids around the house, then I could definitely see a magazine safety would be an important feature.

if i had to choose among models that had the magazine disconnect i would choose the one without it. unfortunately, it's a requirement in our nanny state for new guns added to our roster list.

i personally don't buy the situation where the bad guy is trying to grab the gun from you and one of your options is to eject the mag rendering the pistol disabled.

anybody know of any good online ammo stores that sell defensive ammo at decent prices? i want federal hst or speer gold dots. 9mm, .40, or .45 in 50rd boxes. i buy bulk 500rd or 1000rd boxes.

i know of SGammo, ammotogo, and natchezss.

How much was the VTAC selling for? Did you get a quote for military cost? I'm interested in that model too.

bro how does the layaway plan at buds work? how do you sign up for it? also, can we still get that mk25 since it comes with mags higher than 10rds?

bro how does the layaway plan at buds work? how do you sign up for it? also, can we still get that mk25 since it comes with mags higher than 10rds?

Can't help you there, but I can vouch for their customer service, it is top notch!

How much was the VTAC selling for? Did you get a quote for military cost? I'm interested in that model too.

The VTAC doesn't qualify for the military pricing. Only the standard M&Ps do, but they come with 3 magazines instead of the standard 2. The VTAC would get me the $50 mail in rebate though, but I'd much rather pay the normal $400 going rate.

Last edited:

During checkout choose the option with the 90 days layaway. You will need to pay minimum 20% of your gun purchase and have to spend minimum $300. To get the cash discount you will need to pay echeck or send a check or money order. If you do not pay within the 90 days your order will be canceled and you lose all the money you already paid.

As for the MK25 I just checked and they got it instoforay buds for only $885 shipped. As for the 15rds mag, Sig had blocked the mags to feed only 10rds.

The VTAC doesn't qualify for the military pricing. Only the standard M&Ps do, but they come with 3 magazines instead of the standard 2.

Thanks, how much is te regular M&P40? I'm assuming around $400? Just guessing because I was quoted a M&P45 with crimson trace a little below $600.

If the VTAC doesn't qualify I may just buy it at buds and put it on layaway after I pay off that GP100.

Last edited:
Back