Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever set up a NFA gun trust? Trying to purchase a NFA rifle and hear this is a good route to take.

I do. I have a couple suppressors on mine that are currently in ATF Purgatory waiting for the Stamps to be approved. It's a great option if you have family members that would also be using your items, or should you perish they get immediate access to them without having to go through a bureaucratic nightmare of paperwork and red tape to get what is your property. I'm not an expert at the paperwork, but I did get an attorney to draft up the forms and I followed the process
https://fnforum.net/forums/sbr-suppressors-nfa-items/

Went to the range this weekend, and got to play around with a Ruger Blackhawk .357 ...

pro_10180_2_6.JPG

I'm thinking I need to get a few more old fashioned western-type guns. I have several weapons, most all of which are fairly modern -- HKs, Kimbers, etc. I have one revolver, a Rossi .32 long that my grandfather -- a central Texas Sheriff -- left me when I was five.

I'm thinking maybe a pump action rifle, double barreled shotgun, and a revolver or two. Maybe even a musket or Kentucky long rifle or something. I've been thinking maybe a Winchester 1894, a Colt Peacemaker, an 1851 Navy. Modern versions ... not looking for collectibles.

Anybody have any recommendations? My interest thus far has been almost exclusively badass modern stuff ... so, I'm open to suggestions for modern manufacturers, models, etc. that are worth looking at.

SnakeDoc

Anyone ever set up a NFA gun trust? Trying to purchase a NFA rifle and hear this is a good route to take.

Trust rules are about to change (41P), you better have your trust set up and submitted like yesterday!

Went to the range this weekend, and got to play around with a Ruger Blackhawk .357 ...

View attachment 111672

I'm thinking I need to get a few more old fashioned western-type guns. I have several weapons, most all of which are fairly modern -- HKs, Kimbers, etc. I have one revolver, a Rossi .32 long that my grandfather -- a central Texas Sheriff -- left me when I was five.

I'm thinking maybe a pump action rifle, double barreled shotgun, and a revolver or two. Maybe even a musket or Kentucky long rifle or something. I've been thinking maybe a Winchester 1894, a Colt Peacemaker, an 1851 Navy. Modern versions ... not looking for collectibles.

Anybody have any recommendations? My interest thus far has been almost exclusively badass modern stuff ... so, I'm open to suggestions for modern manufacturers, models, etc. that are worth looking at.

SnakeDoc

That's a gorgeous Ruger. If you want my recommendation you need a .44 magnum in your collection.

I never post in here but I lurk a lot, I purchased my first handgun today! I bought a Walther P99 AS 9mm. I had to order it online so I won't get it for a couple weeks but I am super excited! I own a rifle and a shotgun but I have never owned my own handgun before.

I never post in here but I lurk a lot, I purchased my first handgun today! I bought a Walther P99 AS 9mm. I had to order it online so I won't get it for a couple weeks but I am super excited! I own a rifle and a shotgun but I have never owned my own handgun before.

I owned one before switching to my Xd9Mc. You'll like it, sweet gun.

Alright so I finally tracked down a Sig P320 at a local shop. They called me yesterday saying the will have a couple coming in the shop on Monday. I told them I"m interested in it, but now I see that HK is jumping into the striker fire pistols too. I've read and see a few reviews of the VP9 and every one of them says it's leaps and bounds better than the Glock, M&P, and Walther offerings. My questions is....what do you guys think? Stick with the P320, or wait a little longer to see if the VP9 is better? They'll both be around the same price so that isn't a huge problem, but I just don't want to get buyers remorse with one or the other.
https://www.gunnuts.net/2014/06/13/heckler-koch-vp9-review/

Broke down and finally bought an MP5K. It's coming with a 3 lug threaded barrel, but I'm awfully tempted to have the original flush barrel reinstalled. I don't ever intend to suppress this thing, because heck, it's a machine gun, so why would I? It should be loud and proud, right? I'm also not concerned about resale value, as this won't leave my collection while I'm on this earth.

Besides, I am a huge movie buff as most everyone else is on this forum, and I can't shake this iconic image of the flush barreled MP5K in T2:

t1000-3-arms.jpg

This is the single largest purchase I've ever made, so I should get it the way I want, right? Feel free to chime in.

This is the single largest purchase I've ever made, so I should get it the way I want, right? Feel free to chime in.

I totally agree with you man. :rock :rock I said the same thing with my Scar 17. I plan on getting a Scar 16 the first of the year, and my intentions are to get it SBR and throw a suppressor on it.

Alright so I finally tracked down a Sig P320 at a local shop. They called me yesterday saying the will have a couple coming in the shop on Monday. I told them I"m interested in it, but now I see that HK is jumping into the striker fire pistols too. I've read and see a few reviews of the VP9 and every one of them says it's leaps and bounds better than the Glock, M&P, and Walther offerings. My questions is....what do you guys think? Stick with the P320, or wait a little longer to see if the VP9 is better? They'll both be around the same price so that isn't a huge problem, but I just don't want to get buyers remorse with one or the other.
https://www.gunnuts.net/2014/06/13/heckler-koch-vp9-review/

Depends on how long it will take for the VP9 to roll around. If it were me, I'd get the Sig now because it could be a while before the HK shows up at my shop. But, I'm in CA, so I might never see one out here. I do want one though.

Depends on how long it will take for the VP9 to roll around. If it were me, I'd get the Sig now because it could be a while before the HK shows up at my shop. But, I'm in CA, so I might never see one out here. I do want one though.

I'd like to get HK's P30 but don't think it'll ever get approved for sale in CA.
The HK attitude now is, why spend thousands of dollars on a certification process. I don't blame them.
We may never see the VP9 here.

I'd like to get HK's P30 but don't think it'll ever get approved for sale in CA.
The HK attitude now is, why spend thousands of dollars on a certification process. I don't blame them.
We may never see the VP9 here.

They're not alone, no Gen 4 Glocks, no M&P, no Ruger. I have to leave and go someplace normal.

Back