Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong outfit...

masq8.jpg.jpg

... and it fits the character this time :lol

Bigger/higher resolution version of previously posted picture.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-cast1.jpg

Here's the official plot synopsis:

"From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchise of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team--the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits -Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand--with the galaxy's fate in the balance."

Guardians of the Galaxy opens August 1, 2014.

Last edited:
There were some heavy duty drugs being used when Marvel created these characters.
:lol :lol :lol

Sounds like a potentially interesting & fun comic book / film / series - I obviously know nothing about it.

Incidentally (& RIDDICK can add a comment if he likes), but in that above pic of the 'cast', the blotchy skinned muscly bald guy looks like a bald beefcake Vlaimir Putin - same face. :lol

James Gunn shared that image on FB yesterday and mentioned the following.

"Okay, so I suppose Disney released this still from Guardians of the Galaxy. It was featured in the San Diego Comicon trailer, and is an early (truthfully, quite unfinished - we've come a long way from here) look at Rocket and Groot, Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax."

Here are couple of questions James Gunn answered on FB today.

Is the CG complete for this shot? The CG for Groot looks a little bit dodgy when you zoom into the image.
"It's not even close to complete. This is a still from the San Diego Comicon trailer that we put together after 12 days of filming. The character designs weren't even fully finished."

So James, what made you want to make movies?
"I love movies and always wanted to work in the arts and seemed to be good at making them."

Hey, James, only 7 months left til GOTG. Hey, very quickly, I have to ask, will we still see Peter Serafinowicz's Nova Corps officer character in the movie? And, also it was revealed that the real name of Nova Prime played by Glenn Close is actually Commander Rael. Is that true?
"Yes, we'll see Peter's character in the film. And Glenn Close's character's name in the film is Nova Prima Rael. I don't know where they got this 'Commander' stuff from."

What made you go to Bradley Cooper to play Rocket Raccoon? Will he still have a cockney accent?
"I needed someone who could do both comedy and drama and who didn't sound too cartoony, which we found with many of the voice actors who auditioned."

Rocket Raccoon is the most anticipated character for me.... I really cannot wait to see that

Still crazy for me to think that Drax the Destroyer and Rocket Raccoon are going to be major characters in a big budget theatrical movie. 10 year old version of me wouldn't have bet much on seeing that.

Back