Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger/higher resolution version of previously posted picture.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-cast1.jpg

team coco? is that conan o'brien? :pray:

Those 30 seconds were enough to get me excited for a movie no where on my radar.

Right? I'm not a comic book reader and know almost nothing about GotG, but after seeing that and a little more at SDCC, this is my most anticipated movie of 2014. I just think it's going to be very different. And from what we saw, very funny.

I m sure im gonna love it, love every James Gunn movies.
But i doubt it Will be a hit or anything.
Too weird for the average audience.

Nolan should direct it, TDK is the best superhero trilogy ever.

Beat ya to it, new guy. :yess:

Please note the sarcasm.

I m sure im gonna love it, love every James Gunn movies.
But i doubt it Will be a hit or anything.
Too weird for the average audience.

You know... they said the same thing about a little allmost independant film from 1977. I wonder if you've heard of it..

What was the name..

Space conflit
Stellar fight...

Wait, no, I've got it!

Star Wars.

and we know what happened there.

It'll do fine. Being a Marvel pictures movie, it'll get MOST people's attention.
As for being too weird, one of the BIGgest Deals over the past decade was Twilight.
A vampire movie about vampires who sparkle, has a baby vampire eat its way out of it's mother. and has the big final battle at the end of the series all be a dream sequence. It was dumb, it was weird. and it made tons of money.

People don't give the average moviegoer enough credit. Will it be a mega blockbuster? Probobly not, but then no one thought pacific rim would be all that great either.

You know... they said the same thing about a little allmost independant film from 1977. I wonder if you've heard of it..

What was the name..

Space conflit
Stellar fight...

Wait, no, I've got it!

Star Wars.

and we know what happened there.

It'll do fine. Being a Marvel pictures movie, it'll get MOST people's attention.
As for being too weird, one of the BIGgest Deals over the past decade was Twilight.
A vampire movie about vampires who sparkle, has a baby vampire eat its way out of it's mother. and has the big final battle at the end of the series all be a dream sequence. It was dumb, it was weird. and it made tons of money.

People don't give the average moviegoer enough credit. Will it be a mega blockbuster? Probobly not, but then no one thought pacific rim would be all that great either.

I wasnt around theatres in 77.
Neither most of the target audience that makes or break these kind of movies.
And people changed, there is no more the same sense of wonder.
And Lets not Forget that it was the first of its kind.
No star attached to put bums into seats wnt help either.

Well twilight , wich i never seen, was sold as romeo and juliette with tennage vampires.
The basic set up was simple enough to appeal peoples.
Here its far more weird right off the bat.

But i dont give a **** that its a hit or not.
The movie exists and that is already Nice to have something fresh from Marvel.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=93066

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=93088

I'm loving everything I hear about this movie. I'm a huge fan of Dna's 2008 run. That being said if found the last two MS movies disappointing so am trying not to get my hopes up.

My biggest hope for this movie aside from being good is that it's its own movie, not so much a MCU movie more just a Marvel cosmic movie, separate from earth and telling its own solo story.

Last edited:
There would be no point in doing the movie if it wasn't somehow connected. It'll further the Thanos story that started in Avengers, and set the stage for Avengers 3.

Back