Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy to be announced at comic con.

not read much guardians stuff can any one reccomend anything?

Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest are some good recent Marvel cosmic storylines.

The Infinity Gauntlet. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Pretty sure the Guardians of the Galaxy (the current group) aren't in that story arc...but that is one of my favorite Marvel story arcs of all time, so :rock

Here are my thoughts.

All of the characters in GOTG are so far-fetched that making a movie out of them that will be enjoyable for die-hard fans and those unfamiliar with the characters will be all but impossible.

Tieing this in any way to The Avengers is a symphony in potential disaster for The Avengers.

If they take any storyline from this aspect of the Marvel Universe to use on the big screen...it will take a miracle to make happen well.

And if anyone can do it...this Disney/Marvel movie-making monstrosity can. And I can't wait to see how it translates to the big screen!

People said the same thing anout teaming up a soldier from WW2, rich _______, green monster mand, thunder god, robin hhood ripoff and bouncing boob woman.

But they did it.

I think sticking a serious leader in Vance, an odd take on Jesus (Adam Warlock), a bruiser like Drax, an anthropomorphized raccoon, and a tree creature that looks like something out of Lord of the Rings together sounds like a heck of a lot of fun :D

Need Starlord as leader :lecture

not read much guardians stuff can any one reccomend anything?

Anything from Annihilation through to Thanos Imperative, it's all GOLD

According to what everyone is reporting this IS why Thanos was included in The Avengers and that he would play a role in this film. There seems to be a lot of hinting that they'll crossover with The Avengers in their next film so I wonder if what we'll see in this film will be the big groundbreaking for something in Avengers 2

If it is indeed a crossover, Marvel is simply owning DC comics right now. Avengers+Guardians? Killin it.

Another article on the GotG announcement...

Comicbook.com: Guardians of the Galaxy to Be Announced at Comic-Con

Latino Review, the same movie news site that recently pegged Black Panther as the next Marvel solo superhero film, are now declaring that the studio’s next team film will not be Avengers 2, as widely assumed, but instead will be Guardians of the Galaxy. The site claims that Marvel Studios will make the announcement at Comic-Con and that the script is “incredible.”
Latino Review has a good (not great) record of being right on such things, but the rest of the entertainment press is falling into line with this prediction, perhaps because it makes sense given the studio’s openness about wanting this movie to be

The cosmic team are, of course, bound pretty tightly with Thanos in the comics mythology and so it’s probably not surprising that the Mad Titan, who appeared at the end of The Avengers, will play a role in the movie, although what’s more notable is that the story says that Guardians of the Galaxy will serve as a lead-in to Avengers 2, meaning in essence that Thanos will likely serve a similar role in Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2 as Loki did in Thor and then The Avengers; a villain in both, his second plan will get bigger, madder and more in need of some Hulk-smashing.
Will round 2 be The Infinity Gauntlet? Well, that’s been the theory ever since Thanos was first seen onscreen and it still makes sense, although the idea that he would appear onscreen as a major player and the gauntlet wouldn’t be a big part of it seems odd, so maybe Guardians of the Galaxy will lead into that as he assembles the weapon.

GoTG_07_Variant.jpg

I'm pretty excited to see what Marvel does with this! :yess:

Given they showed the Infinity Gauntlet in Thor, I'd say it's a no-brainer.

People said the same thing anout teaming up a soldier from WW2, rich _______, green monster mand, thunder god, robin hhood ripoff and bouncing boob woman.

But they did it.

Need Starlord as leader :lecture

Anything from Annihilation through to Thanos Imperative, it's all GOLD

The entire meaning of my post flew about 35,000 feet over your head, didn't it?:)

https://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/exclusive-marvels-2014-movie-revealed/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_25153

Nova. Expect Nova. There’s got to be a reason that Nova keeps showing up in stuff like Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s AvX. He’s not a Guardian per se, but he’s the most recognizable Marvel space character to the all-important “we’re young and buy toys” demographic

Soon i'll be creating a "Warning to all Nova fair-weather fans" thread :lol

Rocket Racoon FTW ...:rock

wtf is guardian of the galaxy, never heard of those guys.

This is what they are using to lead into avengers 2? A rat with a rocket gun? marvel studio must be running out of licenses to use...

Back