Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Figure Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Starlord is one of the greats of my collection. Can't wait to see the sculpt on this one. Hope they make a figure of Kurt Russell too.

The short jacket doesn't even look good imo. The long jacket on the first figure was so well done, it's a much better looking figure than a short jacket will end up being.

I don't think I'll be picking up figures from the next film unless they do some other characters.

The long jacket grew on me to the point where I stopped caring about a short jacket for the first figure, it does have good shelf presence... I figured that would be a one off look and I'm glad he doesn't have the long jacket for gotg 2, the short jacket looks better on screen IMO.

I didn't go in on GotG at all and was planning to just wait for GotG2 but after that teaser poster only featured tiny Groot I had to jump on the Rocket and Groot two pack, needed that big Groot + angry headsculpt. I'm sure groot will go gigantic mode in GotG2, but I doubt we'll see a big groot figure. Pumped for the inevitable Drax and shoulder groot combo though! :pray:

I do like the short jacket look and the character, but not sure if I really need two Star Lord figures in my collection atm (it would mess up my GOTG group display :lol ), plus the original version is still one of my favourite HT figures. :)

Will be in for any new characters they make though!

New concept art for the team! First look at Mantis along with Yondu & Nebula joining the team.

ADQ8EbWV.jpg

asset_P_4-5.png

Last edited:
Looks cool. Though Starlord looks like Sugar Ray. (Bet most people don't even know who that is lol)

As in Mark McGrath? XD now that you say it...I totally see it.

Yeah. I couldn't remember the guy's name when I typed it. Hate when that happens. Thanks for the help.

And no, not Sugar ray Leonard. Lol

This dude. And I'm not saying the actor looks like him, just that mock up drawing.

image.jpeg

Who's the woman with horns?

So Nebula is a good guy in this film? I really know nothing about the Guardians comics.

Little Groot looks so adorable. Hopefully we get Yondu and Nebula figures this time around. I will probably pick up some of these characters, I think Gamora had a better outfit for this film.

Found a bigger version.

7e964a6f8e5fac588db51ba29a3069d0.jpg

Mantis actually has antennae!

So just judging from the concept art....

- Little Groot is adorable.

- Nebula looks amazing and has a new cybernetic hand.

- I THINK Yondu actually has some fin growth.

- Drax looks the same.

- Rocket and Peter both have what I thought was just a chest plate, but is actually connected to a jet pack they both wear on their backs. So they both have them.

- Gamora's new look reminds me way too much of Wanda's Civil War outfit. Kinda not a fan of it. :(

But other than that, sick concept art.

So with this updated team, is it safe to say we're finally gonna be getting Nebula and Yondu? And I seriously cannot wait to see what Mantis looks like in the actual film. I'm gonna be waiting in the Hall H line next week and I'm sure the footage they're gonna show is gonna be spectacular.

I really hope we get Nebula and Yondu. There really should have made them for V1. I mean who doesn't want a 1/6 Michael Rooker in their life?

Back