Guaging interest: 1:6th facehugger & stasis tube

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1/6 poseable Facehugger from my HT Grid Alien... wonder if I could use that. Painting the container would be easy.

BTW, you can fill these up with water, right?

Get some of that clear hobby resin that's real liquidy (usually for making paper weights with flowers and crap in them out of rubber molds etc.) and pour it in over the hugger. Won't have to mess with water and it'll be just as nice and permanent. Won't hurt the paint, and shouldn't get dirty/tinted like water over time. It will also work great with any lighting.

Just make sure you seal it well on the bottom. Like water, until that stuff sets up for a couple hours, it's very thin and will seep.

I finally completed my stasis tube kit over the Christmas hols:

StasisTube1.jpg

StasisTube2.jpg

StasisTube3.jpg

StasisTube4.jpg

Similar to the method suggested in Avenger's post, I sealed the bottom and used a resin "water" product. The tube is sitting on a cheap 4 led light, which I painted with Humbrol metalcote steel to match. Not exactly screen accurate, but I think it looks ok.

(p.s. Thanks Frank, for supplying the kit to me across the pond! :D )

Huggerkeeper said:
Glad ya liked it! Nice job!
Cheers, I really enjoyed putting this one together. I hadn't built any models for a few years, so it took me a while. I think the only major fudge-up I made, was to break the tail of the face hugger thru being impatient when trying to bend it. I ended up grafting a tail from a rubber version on instead and used milliput to fill the gap. :D

wow. the clear resin looks much better than i was expecting it to. i'll have to commission somebody to do a buildup of this. has anybody tried adding the throat-tube-thingy to the hugger?

Glad someone has bumped this thread up from the dead! I'm interested in at least one of these kits. How many do you have left?

Ugh, I'd love to own one. My expendable income is quickly fading every couple of months, though, so I'd need a price ASAP.:panic:

I finally completed my stasis tube kit over the Christmas hols:

StasisTube1.jpg

StasisTube2.jpg

StasisTube3.jpg

StasisTube4.jpg

Similar to the method suggested in Avenger's post, I sealed the bottom and used a resin "water" product. The tube is sitting on a cheap 4 led light, which I painted with Humbrol metalcote steel to match. Not exactly screen accurate, but I think it looks ok.

(p.s. Thanks Frank, for supplying the kit to me across the pond! :D )

Great job buddy. This is what should have come with the 1/5 Aliens statue.

Last edited:
Contacted the seller and he said that these were still available. Price was around $70 per kit. Check a few pages back in this thread and you'll find his website and email to purchase this kit, youll also find more pics and instructions on how to build it yourself.

Here is the sellers website.

https://www.hobbymatrix.com/store/stasiskit.html

Back