GTA VI Locale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
INSIDE TOMMY VERCETTI's BODY!

Think the movie innerspace, and cross it with osmosis jones, and you're in the right neibhorhood.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Best idea ever. That would show those Saints Row twats who's zany and crazy. :lol:lol:lol

Last edited:
We haven't gotten a modern story set in Vice City yet, so it does make sense to revisit the area.

For whatever reason, Hawaii was the first place that popped into my head. Parachute into a volcano. But I'm thinking a foreign locale would be better. Tokyo, London, Paris etc

Last edited:
And we most likely never will, as Dan Hauser from Rockstar has stated that GTA only works because it is a caricature of America.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/09/20/rockstar-rules-out-gta-london-gta-is-america-4060440/

Just because the locale gets reused/reimagined doesn't make the game or franchise "predictable".:cuckoo:

It does actually .... Its hard to constantly be fresh while using the same locations over and over ...certain character types will fit those locations and that furthers the problem..... but its nice to have official confirmation anyway, so we can stop guessing.

I think Sleeping Dogs more than proved that it isn't impossible to set a GTA like game in somewhere other than an American city.

It does actually .... Its hard to constantly be fresh while using the same locations over and over ...certain character types will fit those locations and that furthers the problem..... but its nice to have official confirmation anyway, so we can stop guessing.

I think Sleeping Dogs more than proved that it isn't impossible to set a GTA like game in somewhere other than an American city.

:exactly:.

I hardly see "American" as a requirement for a GTA setting, especially when they've done London before.

And we most likely never will, as Dan Hauser from Rockstar has stated that GTA only works because it is a caricature of America.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/09/20/rockstar-rules-out-gta-london-gta-is-america-4060440/

Just because the locale gets reused/reimagined doesn't make the game or franchise "predictable".:cuckoo:

I posted a similar link earlier, but I don't agree with it. London would be a perfect setting for GTA. It's a large western city with its own distinctive culture and criminal element, which has been represented extensively in pop culture, thus they have a large amount of content to draw from as content for a GTA game.

I could see Rockstar making another IP set in London, but why bother? GTA fans want a GTA set in London. If you did another game featuring the criminal element in London, why call it something other than GTA? What would set it apart? Making it serious? GTA is serious enough as it is, and why would GTA fans want something any more serious than it already is? London has a ton of popularly depicted criminal culture to lampoon, why miss the opportunity?

Whatever, Rockstar. Go ahead and make San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Vice City for the upteenth time. You can take Max Payne and put him in Brazil (wtf?) but can't put GTA in your own hometown? Perplexing.

I think, if they're going to stick with America, the next setting should be an amalgamation of the Southern US states and Northern Mexico. This would include Vice City (Miami, FL), a GTA version of New Orleans and a GTA version of Dallas. There would be swampland with gators and pythons, and desert with coyotes and antelope. Possibly even some temperate areas with bear and elk. There would be a ****-ton oil drilling in the desert. In the Texas/Arizona area, there will be rich-*** ranches to loot and wildlife to hunt. There will be a border fence and constant border jumping attempts taking place. Possibly even missions to undertake from both sides of the fence, such as border patrol and border crossings. Mexico will be rife with drug wars and gangs. There will, of course, be tons of Cartel violence and drug running missions.

One of the main characters will be a Mexican representative of the Cartel. He will come to America on Cartel business and decide to strike it big himself.

If we go the multiple character route, at least one of the characters must be female. Rockstar is a stickler for realistically representing their characters, so this must be a female character that we could see holding her own in a world like GTA's.

One possible angle that could be played would be that two of the playable characters could be in a relationship. This would lead to an interesting dynamic, possibly even a Bonnie and Clyde-type experience This could play out to be very exciting, especially if you were able to use the quick-swap between characters option outside of missions as well. Throw in couch co-op, and you could have a game that could also bring in the couples demographic. Maybe there could be four or more playable characters - two or more women, and two or more men, so that any couple (or individual) could play any pairing of characters they desire. For one, playing as two separate characters together, even outside of missions either by yourself, or via couch co-op would add enough to the experience by itself, but having the ability to play as multiple combinations of characters will add many layers to both the storyline, and gameplay styles.

Back