Grievous up for preorder....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

The exclusive Solo lasted through the weekend - but that was one where there was a toss-up as to which one you'd prefer. I don't think anyone wants to miss out on Grievous with the cape and I imagine that's why the TBD on the edition size.

With that in mind - I'd expect this exclusive to last through the weekend - no matter what the edition size is (or will be).

I've been tricked! I thought pre-orders woukldn't go up until tomorrow???

but hey, who cares??? I got mine! :rock

Ordered my exclusive! Woo hoooo!!!!!!!!! The cape just makes it, IMHO. :hat Very menacing with that! :banana

I think 'regular' preorders for this will go up tomorrow, but Sideshow newsletter subscribers got to it first! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :lol

The cape just makes it, IMHO

My thoughts exactly, was debating whether to get this one, as I had yet to order any star wars statues...but when I saw the cape, I was sold. Not bad for my first sideshow SW figure :rock

I'm in! Thanks for the banner link as I haven't received the newsletter yet.

I actually went to Busch Gardens today instead of tomorrow so I wouldn't miss it but that almost back-fired. I about pooped my pants when I saw this thread and it being 5 pages long.

The statue was very tall, but what really surprised me was it's depth. Be prepared for this thing to take up A LOT of space.

I have a feeling I won't be able to afford an acrylic display case for GG due to his size.

The cough has been checked and the Doctor says I will live!! Appreciate the concern Dave. :rock

Hey has anuone else done the simple Math of how money ppl have said " Yes I'm in and then thought, damn we all just dropped $450 + w/o even thinking of the price lol

It occured to me That I would dream of spending $500 on your average Thursday Afternoon ~ lol

:mwaha

Got nearly a year to save for it. Not much doubt you could sell it for way more if your circumstances changed. Don't think once in hand I'd ever consider selling it though.

I got mine! Wow, I just got out of an exam and almost had a heart attack when I saw this thread. I had the option to take it today or tomorrow, and it nearly backfired!:thud I took it today, because I wanted to sit by the computer tomorrow for this exact reason.

:mwaha No kidding BDRob!!

Well my order is in also. :rock :rock :rock

$50 extra for the cape is a no-brainer.

I have a feeling that the edition size won't be revealed until next week's newsletter. I agree with Dave. I think SS is going to let ALL newsletter subscribers have a chance at the exclusive, **gets on soap box** :speech which IMO is the right thing to do. If everyone got the newsletter at the same time then a "first come first served" policy would be fine but that's not the case. :speech

Well, I jut got home from work and it is 5:08pm here in New York and I got my order in without any problem.

Is there another version of this or do all the newsletter subscribers who clicked the link in their e-mail, get the exclusive with the cape?

I was worried I clicked the first Greivous face I saw and it might have been a regular edition....But I guess the regular edition is not even on sale yet, huh?

Ah , who knows....for $463 (with shipping, etc.) I guess it has to be the exclusive w/cape!

Stop the Cape shenanigans!

Hello all!

Not sure where the $50 cape rumor came from. Both the regular version and exclusive are the same price!

We appreciate the newsletter members discretion with the link as we are trying to do some special things for them!

best,
Chicky
Sideshow

I knew it!!! I had a funny feeling that this would go up either today or afternoon tomorrow! Thanks guys!!
I got mine ordered!! WOW Looks so awesome with the cape!!
I wonder if it is 25in to the head or to the sabers?

Re: Stop the Cape shenanigans!

Yes and both are on sale at Sideshow's site and both cost $450.

Adam (retailer) has him without cape for $60 cheaper....that is where that number came from.

Now, anyone want to guess the size of the exclusive? I am going to say 1000 even though early reports were 300.

I bet they have already sold over 200 by now.

Re: Stop the Cape shenanigans!

Hi Chicky :wave Thanks for looking out for the newsletter group!

I have a feeling that if the exclusive edition size is actually TBD, and based on initial orders, then it will probably be fairly high. I say this just because I have seen the order link posted on some high traffic message boards like rebelscum.com.

I wonder if Sideshow has ever considered some kind of collector's club? Bowen and Master Replicas are both good examples of companies that have this. They often offer items that are exclusive to members.

Back