Grey Hulk PF . . New Record ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sheesh. I have one up for sale, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait til it reaches a peak. lol. What do you guys think? So far I've had an offer for $850 + shipping.

If you could get a grand shipped, I think that would be a fair deal.

Here's the best way to handle this situation:

Have the seller send ebay a notice that he and the buyer "Agree not to go through with the transaction" (There is a 'formal' option for this in eBay). You'll get an email from ebay that asks you if you agree. That way, he will get his full eBay fees back.

Then, have him relist the item with a BiN of your price. You need to be in lockstep communication with each other, so no one sneaks in and grabs your BiN.

Good luck.

that's what I hinted at how we should proceed, but he wanted to let auction complete. I never thought he would take my offer, and the fact that he is not only accepting it and good on his word so far and probably unknowingly accepting higher Ebay FV fees surprises me.

^^^Actually, if he did that, it would seem very suspecious. If this is a legit G.Hulk auction, He'll probably move on to the second highest bidder (for a good $1,211) if MesaScott dosen't pay, and file a NPB against him. Why settle for a few hundred less? That would be odd and questionable.

Another concern I had. I was thinking the seller would just get it bid up and then offer to 2nd highest bidder. At which point I would have left negative, but everything seems to be proceeding so far. I still can't understand why seller is willing to just take $300 less.

i'm surprised that you went through with such low feedbacks on his account. He can easily take the money and run if he wants to..

If you are comfortable with it, then tell him to deal with the transaction next week or whenever. Sounds like he's in a rush to get out of the country with your money LOL.

There is a previous statue feedback, so this eased my mind some, and I think in this thread or another one, JBinny asked them why no numbered edition on the base and seller said it was due to a returned item. I know all these things combined do look a little strange, but I have a feeling this seller will deliver the goods. And if not, my AmEx should cover me against any scam/fraud.

I think it's a good sign that immediately after I made the FULL payment, seller followed through with the partial refund of $301.

Well sheesh. I have one up for sale, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait til it reaches a peak. lol. What do you guys think? So far I've had an offer for $850 + shipping.

Several grey hulks went up immediately after this listing closed; people trying to ca$h in. If nothing else, I think this experience shows market value for grey is around 1100-1200.

that's what I hinted at how we should proceed, but he wanted to let auction complete. I never thought he would take my offer, and the fact that he is not only accepting it and good on his word so far and probably unknowingly accepting higher Ebay FV fees surprises me.

Another concern I had. I was thinking the seller would just get it bid up and then offer to 2nd highest bidder. At which point I would have left negative, but everything seems to be proceeding so far. I still can't understand why seller is willing to just take $300 less.

There is a previous statue feedback, so this eased my mind some, and I think in this thread or another one, JBinny asked them why no numbered edition on the base and seller said it was due to a returned item. I know all these things combined do look a little strange, but I have a feeling this seller will deliver the goods. And if not, my AmEx should cover me against any scam/fraud.

I think it's a good sign that immediately after I made the FULL payment, seller followed through with the partial refund of $301.

Several grey hulks went up immediately after this listing closed; people trying to ca$h in. If nothing else, I think this experience shows market value for grey is around 1100-1200.

Damn, this is why one needs to take on as many Marvel PFs the first time around at the MRSP as possible. Good initial investment.

Please note that this guy had relisted this like two or three times. Someone finally bit.

Please note that this guy had relisted this like two or three times. Someone finally bit.

What's your point ?

He could leave it in his store for 3 years at $4000.00 if he wants . . . if it sells for $3000, it sells for $3000 . . . who would care how long it was listed . . . :whip

My "point" is that with BIN it only takes one person out there to consider it worth the price for it to sell for that amount. It may be a new record, yes, but it doesn't suggest a trend.

Basically, what I am saying, is that they won't all necessarily go for that price.

I'm pretty sure that both of the Hulk Premium Format pieces are greatly over rated...in fact if you look really close its absolutely terrible. Definately not even worth selling on Ebay! The green color is terrible, the expression is more of a retarded child then a golioth with unlimited power...his legs look like a bow-legged chickens and the size is laughable! He looks like a love child between The Grinch and an abominable snow-woman.

So......now that you all realize how bad it truly is....I make the offer to take one of these ghastly things off of someones hands for MSRP...no need to thank me.....Im just that nice!

:monkey2 Why God...WHY dont I have one!!??? I bet JESUS got one! Damn nepotism!

I'm pretty sure that both of the Hulk Premium Format pieces are greatly over rated...in fact if you look really close its absolutely terrible. Definately not even worth selling on Ebay! The green color is terrible, the expression is more of a retarded child then a golioth with unlimited power...his legs look like a bow-legged chickens and the size is laughable! He looks like a love child between The Grinch and an abominable snow-woman.

So......now that you all realize how bad it truly is....I make the offer to take one of these ghastly things off of someones hands for MSRP...no need to thank me.....Im just that nice!

:monkey2 Why God...WHY dont I have one!!??? I bet JESUS got one! Damn nepotism!

I've tried that approach before...and it doesn't work. :lol

I've tried that approach before...and it doesn't work. :lol

Damn and I threw everything into that too! A little manipulation, some crying, a little bit of God and Jesus, poultry, Christmas characters....i guess the next approach will have to be from behind...at night....when they least expect it..... In fact my next aquisition might just be THE LSB HULK NAMEPLATE...DUN DUN DUN.

:rock :rock

I had no idea you two were so serious- good for you! :rock

Remember me when you sell your Wolverine... i beg you. :monkey2:lol

We are quite serious. We have just made concscious effort to keep a lot of it off the forum.

So back to how much money we can get for our Hulks :D

My "point" is that with BIN it only takes one person out there to consider it worth the price for it to sell for that amount. It may be a new record, yes, but it doesn't suggest a trend.

Basically, what I am saying, is that they won't all necessarily go for that price.

It looks like the one that sold 2 weeks before this one, went for $1200.00

https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-GRAY-HULK-PF-STATUE-EXCLUSIVE-LOW-51-179_W0QQitemZ350063096503QQihZ022QQcategoryZ88876QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:monkey5

Back