Grey Hulk PF . . New Record ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over $1,200 for someone with 29 feedback and no actual picture? Sometimes you have to wonder about these auctions.

He is pleased.

IMG_7486.jpg

But in his defense he always makes that face.

EDIT: No he's not my auction

I think the Gray Hulk might be the first PF to break $2000 . . . it's just a matter of time . . . :monkey5

So I gotta fess up. I won the Hulk. But there is a story behind it. No way I would pay that much for it. I was a little hesitant to share this story just yet, because I'm unsure of reaction it will get.

Last night after laying some (more) tile, I check Ebay. See this baby up for $875 (plus ship) BIN. I think it over for about 60 seconds, doublecheck past sales (none showed up so I hit TT), reread listing, and do BIN. In that short amount of time, some newb needledick enters a bid for $1. If you are going to get it, beat me to the BIN, but don't nullify what is otherwise a great deal. So I immediately send seller asking if he would sell to me for BIN. He agrees in an email.

Me: Will you still do buy-it-now. I was just about to buy it for $875, and someone snuck a bid in on me. Please let me know. Thanks.

Seller:
Yes, I can do that. However I would still like it to be an official eBay transaction, so I will keep up the listing up. You can enter a very high bid on this, like $1600 or something (i think these sell for about $1000-$1100 usually). This should make you the winner at auctions end, and I will only charge you the 875.00. If you would like to do so, please put in the bid and let me know. This is a rather large item and I have a small window to ship it out this Friday (hence the one day auction) so prompt payment would appreciated. So, just let me know if you want to go ahead with this. Thanks!

So I did as agreed upon, but had sent him another email to just try and close the deal, but he never responded; thus it getting bid up to what it finally ended at, which was never part of my original plan or intentions. I'm a little skeptical that this deal would ever go through, so I am definitely planning on using PP with AmEx payment.

I get an email from him asking to send the $875 plus $60 ship to him, but this is in an Ebay message and not in form of an invoice, so it still doesn't include the reduced amount to take it to $875. Now I could make payment directly through PP to that email using PP and Amex as form of payment.

seller:
I can ship Friday(tomorrow), no problem. Please send the payment (875 + 60 for shipping) to : xxxxxxxxx. I will get the item ready to ship tomorrow afternoon. Can you send payment before then?
Thanks.

Am I getting scammed here? He says he has small window to ship and wants to ship tomorrow, so wants PP payment before then. I still have a message pending his response asking for invoice.

I wasn't going to share this info until transaction completed, but now I'm a little worried about how it's going down. I was also a little concerned with possibly pissing off fellow members because of the way it went down, and I don't want anyone going off telling Ebay.

What do you think?

I'll tell you in a second....I'm in the middle of composing a complaint letter to eBay....

So I gotta fess up. I won the Hulk. But there is a story behind it. No way I would pay that much for it. I was a little hesitant to share this story just yet, because I'm unsure of reaction it will get.

Last night after laying some (more) tile, I check Ebay. See this baby up for $875 (plus ship) BIN. I think it over for about 60 seconds, doublecheck past sales (none showed up so I hit TT), reread listing, and do BIN. In that short amount of time, some newb needledick enters a bid for $1. If you are going to get it, beat me to the BIN, but don't nullify what is otherwise a great deal. So I immediately send seller asking if he would sell to me for BIN. He agrees in an email.

So I did as agreed upon, but had sent him another email to just try and close the deal, but he never responded; thus it getting bid up to what it finally ended at, which was never part of my original plan or intentions. I'm a little skeptical that this deal would ever go through, so I am definitely planning on using PP with AmEx payment.

I get an email from him asking to send the $875 plus $60 ship to him, but this is in an Ebay message and not in form of an invoice, so it still doesn't include the reduced amount to take it to $875. Now I could make payment directly through PP to that email using PP and Amex as form of payment.

Am I getting scammed here? He says he has small window to ship and wants to ship tomorrow, so wants PP payment before then. I still have a message pending his response asking for invoice.

I wasn't going to share this info until transaction completed, but now I'm a little worried about how it's going down. I was also a little concerned with possibly pissing off fellow members because of the way it went down, and I don't want anyone going off telling Ebay.

What do you think?

he should have ended it due to an "error" then told you he was about to put it back up again and you wait till it shows up and use the BIN.

Back