Grey Hulk PF . . New Record ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously though, I don't think that I would wanna send $900 to somebody on eBay with so few feedback.

With that said, I did send $875 this week to fellow freak Woodsy for a Green Hulk, but I think he's proven that he's a trustworthy guy.

Seriously though, I don't think that I would wanna send $900 to somebody on eBay with so few feedback.

With that said, I did send $875 to fellow freak Woodsy for a Green Hulk, but I think he's proven that he's a trustworthy guy.

If it's through PP and using my Amex, I'm protected, right? guy sounds legit through emails. stupid Ebay changes won't allow a seller discount anymore (except for shipping and insurance). I'm on phone with PP know to figure out how to send jsut the agreed upon amount.

although you do have emails from him through the ebay email system confirming the price so you might be covered......but if he did file a complaint it would be a headache to deal with.

If it's through PP and using my Amex, I'm protected, right? guy sounds legit through emails. stupid Ebay changes won't allow a seller discount anymore (except for shipping and insurance). I'm on phone with PP know to figure out how to send jsut the agreed upon amount.

You might be protected, but do you really wanna go through the hassle?

I just find it hard to believe that he is willing to eat the fees for the higher selling price. There's a disturbance in the Force.....

Yes Jase, yes I do, if I can get an hulk for ~$900. I'm not sure if artists proof or not. I haven't heard of any recasts hulks, and the guy does not seem shady from emails and a previous statue sale. From what Jbinny was saying, if this was a return from a damaged one, on a limited item like Gray Hulk, maybe it was a special item that was left over because I didn't think SS replaced many of those.

Or maybe I'm just a gullible fool.

I dont know why the seller didnt just cancel the noob's $1 bid which wouldve reinstated the BIN?

I think the seller may be a bit of a newb too and wanted to take credit for the sale. Probably doesn't know about this site either, because I think a grey would bring in $1k easily.

As long as you are paying with your Credit Card you are covered . . .

They will reverse the charge if he can't prove he sent you the statue . . .

I was saved by this same thing earlier this year . . . :)

i dont trust the guy, just me though. although you are covered, you can always file a complaint and get your money back if the deal doesnt go through.

Here's the best way to handle this situation:

Have the seller send ebay a notice that he and the buyer "Agree not to go through with the transaction" (There is a 'formal' option for this in eBay). You'll get an email from ebay that asks you if you agree. That way, he will get his full eBay fees back.

Then, have him relist the item with a BiN of your price. You need to be in lockstep communication with each other, so no one sneaks in and grabs your BiN.

Good luck.

^^^Actually, if he did that, it would seem very suspecious. If this is a legit G.Hulk auction, He'll probably move on to the second highest bidder (for a good $1,211) if MesaScott dosen't pay, and file a NPB against him. Why settle for a few hundred less? That would be odd and questionable.

Last edited:
i'm surprised that you went through with such low feedbacks on his account. He can easily take the money and run if he wants to..

If you are comfortable with it, then tell him to deal with the transaction next week or whenever. Sounds like he's in a rush to get out of the country with your money LOL.

Well sheesh. I have one up for sale, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait til it reaches a peak. lol. What do you guys think? So far I've had an offer for $850 + shipping.

Back