Greivous 1:6th Someday??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy a Jar Jar figure. But, yeah, the uproar over him being a crappy figure would be deafening.

I would not buy one, but he is a part of Star Wars and I think should get a figure. At the very least it'd give my wallet a break :lol

Brad L. asks - Just curious... Now that the Palpatine two-pack has been realized (very good job by the way), is there a chance of seeing an Episode VI Emperor Palpatine? I'm more of an original trilogy collector.

Anything is possible within the Star Wars 12-inch line, thanks to the tremendous collector support. We'll even take back what we had said previously about General Grievous...

This statement was taken back more than a year and half ago during a Rebelscum Interview Dave had with one of the Sideshow Crew. So it's not really new news.

I think it is all but confirmed that they would be working with Hot Toyz on this like they did for the Hobbit bodies. They made the Terminator Endos and the Powerloader, they can make a Grevious. $100-150 sounds about right since Sideshow is going to be slightly cheaper than a strictly Hot Toyz project.

They've said that Chewie is impossible now, but if they're considering Grevious - anything is possible. Chewie's a far more important character and I think they realize that.

[FONT=&quot]For Sideshow, maybe. It would be total BS not to make a Chewie in this line. It would be the Award Ceremony all over again. [/FONT]
Chewiecry.gif

[FONT=&quot]For Sideshow, maybe. It would be total BS not to make a Chewie in this line. It would be the Award Ceremony all over again. [/FONT]
Chewiecry.gif

While Chewie is not my all time fave I do want him as a figure. SS doesn't have ass stuff and if they don't feel Chewie can be done to the level they want to give us I trust their judgment. Now, having said that I think they can pull it off with flying colors.

Chewie, like Grievous is going to take a uniquely built body, so I'm sure that's a factor, he's not like a human where it's slap on a new HS, change the clothes and done. I'm sure they've explored the synth fur route and likely didn't find a way to do it so that it looks like Chewie and could be successfully be replicated over a 6000 piece production run, so that leaves them with sculpting Chewie as the best option, but then comes the question of how/if you can do that while still providing the ammount of articulation collectors have come to expect from all of the 1/6 makers. Odds are Chewie would be more like 20 points or something, but they'll still want to R&D it a lot to get the most out of him as they can. Plus, I hope the do ROTS/ANH style Chewie and ESB/ROTJ so we can have the slicked hair and the slight bangs look he had, but that means doing the head in such a way that would allow SSC to change out the heads. I'm confident that sculpted fur Chewie can be achieved with aid from Hot Toys; Hot Toys Aliens and Jack Sparrow demonstrate a good mix of soft rubber to guise hard plastic joints and make a seemless figure design and their work on Jack's hair shows how to make good looking hair but in a soft material allowing wonderful flexibility.

You got to wonder what SS is working on or with that made them change there mind.

A growing relationship with Hot Toys I'd say is the main and possibly only factor. Hot Toys has shown a strong skill with more technical characters like the Endoskeleton, the Power Loader and the ED-209. Since SSC is in collaboration with HT on at least a new body that we know of, it's likely the two are really bouncing ideas around with each other, which is great to see, instead of trying to one up each other they're working to both have top notch stuff.

A growing relationship with Hot Toys I'd say is the main and possibly only factor. Hot Toys has shown a strong skill with more technical characters like the Endoskeleton, the Power Loader and the ED-209. Since SSC is in collaboration with HT on at least a new body that we know of, it's likely the two are really bouncing ideas around with each other, which is great to see, instead of trying to one up each other they're working to both have top notch stuff.

I'm sure Hot Toys will be making C3P0 and R2D2 for SS as well.

Which better mean opening panels on R2 and attachable tools! Best way to do it is like Code 3 did with their ships, make the panels metal and a small wand to open them so there are no flaws in the exterior look.

3PO yes, but I think SSC can handle R2-D2 on their own. Really, R2's design and what points he articulates at aren't that complex, but 3PO could be a bit more challenging.

You got to wonder what SS is working on or with that made them change there mind.

They changed their mind a long time ago, I mentioned this earlier but they took back their original statement about not including a General Grevious figure (which was also published in an earlier Rebelcum interview about two years or more ago) when Dave asked them about it again after the line took off almost a year an half ago. After the line was such a huge success it opened the possibilities for figures that before they thought might not be possible.

If SSC were to combine efforts with Hot Toys to produce a 1/6th scale Greivous, then there is so much possibilities for a whole array of Droids.
Greivous's bodyguard Droids, Pit Droids, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, 2-1B, FX-7, IG-88, R2 units, Tri Droids... and the list can go on for quite a while.

Last edited:
If SSC were to combine efforts with Hot Toys to produce a 1/6th scale Greivous, then there is so much possibilities for a whole array of Droids.
Greivous's bodyguard Droids, Pit Droids, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, 2-1B, FX-7, IG-88, R2 units, Tri Droids... and the list can go on for quite a while.

But is there demand for all of those droids at $$$ prices?

Only among true Star Wars fans. :rolleyes: But do we know for sure if such a collaboration would happen? I mean, yeah, they worked together for one body, but how do we know that will extend to other bodies or figures like Grievous?

Buttmunch,
I am probably in the minority, but I would totally go for some cool one-off droids. All the weird background stuff is what drew me to SW toys when I was a kid. Old-school Lucasfilm and ILM practical special effects were the best, and to get any of them in toy form is a dream come true!

Buttmunch,
I am probably in the minority, but I would totally go for some cool one-off droids. All the weird background stuff is what drew me to SW toys when I was a kid. Old-school Lucasfilm and ILM practical special effects were the best, and to get any of them in toy form is a dream come true!

Sadly, being a completist, I'd buy them too. But some of the more known/popular ones like IG-88 would sell fine.

Back