Greivous 1:6th Someday??????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's just get a Vader or Stormtrooper under our belts first, then I'll start getting excited about a possible Grievous. Baby steps. If HT were behind it, I'm sure it would nothing short of amazing.

I would think the toughest part of doing Grievous as a 1:6 will be getting the arm articulation to work well, both giving a full range of motion and being able to hold poses.

I'd been thinking of getting the upcoming Kotibukiya model, but I may hold off with this bit of hope....

I ordered the Koto model, but I have the Obi-Wan so I'll still get it to assemble them together, should look sharp, but doing that with SSC figures would look sharper.

They've said that Chewie is impossible now, but if they're considering Grevious - anything is possible. Chewie's a far more important character and I think they realize that.

From the latest Q/A

Brad L. asks - Just curious... Now that the Palpatine two-pack has been realized (very good job by the way), is there a chance of seeing an Episode VI Emperor Palpatine? I'm more of an original trilogy collector.

"Anything is possible within the Star Wars 12-inch line, thanks to the tremendous collector support. We'll even take back what we had said previously about General Grievous..."

So it sounds like Grievous is in the works. They also say that we DID sneak a peek at the life size bust of him in another question!

They've said that Chewie is impossible now, but if they're considering Grevious - anything is possible. Chewie's a far more important character and I think they realize that.

Really? I thought that they just said he was a difficult character and was going to take some time to figure out a solution?

Really, if they want to do well with the line they can't leave out Chewie.

Yes I got that impression when I saw Pix's pic. I thought PF's were about 18" tall . Regardless he'll be big.

Grevious would be great. No doubt about it. Still would prefer a Droideka, but nonetheless, he would be great.

That would be fantastic. One of the few characters I'd pay $150 for. My second favorite PT character after :maul

I would buy a Jar Jar figure. But, yeah, the uproar over him being a crappy figure would be deafening.

If Hot Toys can make an Endoskeleton, Sideshow can with their help, make a General Greivous!

Chewie, I hope someday they'll make one. It's a main part of Star Wars, how could they not make him?

He'd probably be easy to do, as far as getting the right sculpt. But I think if he was plastic it wouldn't be all that cool, it'd be nice if he was made of polystone/metal like the PF, but of course in 1/6th scale and posable.

The main issue would be trying to get it posable with being able to stand (although it would have the stand with it, but still).

Metal would be great, but polystone would be a bad, bad idea. It's fragile enough as it is. Using it in a poseable figure would be a disaster as the pieces would have to be thin. First time it falls over...well, you get the picture.

I think plastic and metal would work very well. Look at the Power Loader, Endoskeleton, and the Robocop figures. All look very mechanical without the need for delicate media.

If they ever do it, and that's an if, its gonna be a hell of a long wait. He's far more complicated than, say Vader, and they seem to be having problems with Vader.

He'd be worth the wait for me.

In the meantime, the PF is still my favorite PF.

Back