Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Propose on Valentines day :lecture....lol. And where abouts are you we could plot the loot...lol

Thats a great idea and I would really think about it (I mean, a girl that that not only tolerates but loves my comics, statues and busts is a keeper. She also loves to play videogames, the more violent the better), but I don't have a ring yet. Well I have a few GL plastic rings, so maybe that could work out too :wink1:

I am from Germany, so I don't think we will be able to plan the heist that fast. A very small part of me really thought about it for a moment.Its only a wooden barn door :monkey3
But seriously, I am definately going back to him for another purchase. He has a lot of older statues you don't get anwhere else anymore (a lot of Bowen and Sideshow PFs, for Example the old captain america PF and Wolverine) and they are all still the same price they were on release day.

People who don't have him bring the negativity.

I think so too. He is really beautiful. I just hate that I didn't have the construct fist. That would look so cool with the light up feature.
Really bums me out I can't unpack him yet. The box he is in is currently a few feet away from me. Its making me CRAZY!

Personally, I chose to pass on the GL PF. The pose, anatomy and art direction did not fit as an iconic Hal Jordan for me.

Then the size was an issue. I went to see it in person at the LCS and still didn't like it. Those 2 arms raised like they are is just not natural for me. Not even as an action pose.

More power to those that enjoy it.

Personally, I chose to pass on the GL PF. The pose, anatomy and art direction did not fit as an iconic Hal Jordan for me.

Then the size was an issue. I went to see it in person at the LCS and still didn't like it. Those 2 arms raised like they are is just not natural for me. Not even as an action pose.

Well, for me he is a pretty spot on representation of the Hal Jordon from GL Rebirth, by Ethan van Sciver. He is a bit on the super muscular side, which is a bit odd, but he is drawn that way a lot, so I am ok with it. I really love the pose, though. And the base. Like LOOOOOOOVE!

Well, for me he is a pretty spot on representation of the Hal Jordon from GL Rebirth, by Ethan van Sciver. He is a bit on the super muscular side, which is a bit odd, but he is drawn that way a lot, so I am ok with it. I really love the pose, though. And the base. Like LOOOOOOOVE!

I agree with you 100%. This is a really cool PF. Pose is dynamic, head sculpt is phenomenal, paint apps are top notch, light up features are insanely cool, and the EX on this is fantastic. A lot to love about this piece. Let the haters hate. It's going to look AWESOME in your collection.

Man I really need to find EVS at a convention somewhere and give him all my moneys for a commission. His work w/Geoff Johns was just amazing. He was definitely just as big of a part as Johns was at reviving the GL universe.

Man I really need to find EVS at a convention somewhere and give him all my moneys for a commission. His work w/Geoff Johns was just amazing. He was definitely just as big of a part as Johns was at reviving the GL universe.

I feel the same way. Just read the current volume of Batman Dark Knight in hardcover and his art on Batman is amazing too.

I agree with you 100%. This is a really cool PF. Pose is dynamic, head sculpt is phenomenal, paint apps are top notch, light up features are insanely cool, and the EX on this is fantastic. A lot to love about this piece. Let the haters hate. It's going to look AWESOME in your collection.

Thanks, man. I think so too. Love him, from the short peek I was allowed to have. Man, waiting until april is going to be brutal.

Last I heard he stopped doing convention sketches because he was constantly not finishing the ones he took on and ended up disappointing people. You can however find his stuff for sale pretty easily online.

Last I heard he stopped doing convention sketches because he was constantly not finishing the ones he took on and ended up disappointing people. You can however find his stuff for sale pretty easily online.

He gave me a couple quick free ones, nice guy.
Absolute Green Lantern Rebirth
168768_499569938575_5511580_n.jpg

The Flash Rebirth Hardcover
168178_499569713575_3897834_n.jpg

Hey guys,

Is there any custom hand in the works? like a shield or something else... that will be cool IMO.

I envy you for those. Really great idea to get your sketches into your hardcovers. I will steal that idea and use it for my absolute editions!

Lots of people do it, some artists charge, others don't. I used to get full size sketches done at cons but it's gotten expensive. Now I just take a sketch book and pay for head sketches. It's pretty cool to see what some artists come up with.

The pose looks a lot like a "Superman Punch" in UFC. Google some pics of that.

I'll say this: the pose would make more sense to me if he was flying/floating. It would justify the arms being up like that more.

The way his lower half is extending with his legs as he stands there just doesn't look right (to me) either.

I got more of the feeling like he is about to jump from the green rocky kryptonite looking stuff he's standing on and punch an enemy in the face. Or (since I don't have the exclusive) he's about to jump off of the rocks and fly off.

I got more of the feeling like he is about to jump from the green rocky kryptonite looking stuff he's standing on and punch an enemy in the face. Or (since I don't have the exclusive) he's about to jump off of the rocks and fly off.

Yeah, that's the way I always viewed it. He's jumping and about to take off and deliver a punch (EX) or just jumping off the rock to take flight (REG).

Back