Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought I'd type this but I think the DCD piece is better. The GL fan in me will force me to buy this and I don't hate it but overall I don't think the execution was done as well as it could have been.

I doubt the construct is removable and the lantern is in the base so neither are most likely the exclusive (told ya ;)) so I wonder what it'll be? I agree the seam on the neck seem thick so I wonder if they'll do an unmasked sculpt even though it's not like that in the comics or a thicker more silver age mask look?

The proportion isn't perfect, but the weird forehead thing looks like lens distortion to me, noticed they all come from the same camera shots, and only when the photo is taken vertically. Even with that same camera, when the shots were taken horizontally the forehead doesn't distort.

I was so looking forward to their GL PF, but I have to agree that after seeing all the pics and watching the videos, I can't bring myself to put this next to Superman or Batman.

Maybe if they didn't make him so unappealingly (to me) ripped and replaced the glossy black with the same material as the Bucky Cap PF (as someone stated earlier in the thread). Tweak the pose because I don't think any power would come from a punch given in that position or posture.

Ahh what the hell am i saying? Scrap the whole thing and give us a new one! lol.

or maybe the pre-order pics will make me change my mind, who knows.

I hate to be that guy but I will buy this until they make one I like better.

I never thought I'd type this but I think the DCD piece is better. The GL fan in me will force me to buy this and I don't hate it but overall I don't think the execution was done as well as it could have been.

I doubt the construct is removable and the lantern is in the base so neither are most likely the exclusive (told ya ;)) so I wonder what it'll be? I agree the seam on the neck seem thick so I wonder if they'll do an unmasked sculpt even though it's not like that in the comics or a thicker more silver age mask look?

I think the DCD one is better too.

I can overlook almost everything but I can't get pass how extreme they went with his abs.

Yeah they did go overboard with the abs. Which seems to be a 360 from their older PFs where it covers all muscular definition. Hopefully they find a nice middle ground soon.

If this was a Bowen statue or even a regular 1/5 comiquette I would have liked this. It's nice and colorful which is cool. But this is Premium Format which means the bar should be raised A LOT higher in terms of quality.

the DC version is great. the tailoring is comparable to most pfs SS has made. The pose is fine. never noticed the calfs, but not a deal-breaker. the squirrel is removeable. the face sculpt kills the SS version.

I was expecting GL to be as good as bats and superman. He is not even close.

Another custom statue with a similar pose:
2j1msnd.jpg

With a custom Sinestro:
2d7a2ck.jpg

This is what it should've been

Compared to Sideshows the DCD version is 1000% better. Head fits the body, the squirrel comes off, and the tailoring is so much better then the pajamas on Wolverine and Sabretooth. DCD crushes SS with GL unfortunately. Especially considering Batman and Superman are home runs.

Back