Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a huge comic book reader.
Then I saw the movie. Basically my first real introduction to the character. The movie sucked monkey teets...

Now GL is scarred for me lol
No interest at all.
Maybe it's a good thing. I really just want Batman PF and Superman PF for comic heroes and call it a day.

I agree that the shiny green looks a bit cheap, but that's the style of GL in the comics nowadays, right? The flat green looks more classic, so would be my preference. Will have to see the whole thing before drawing too many conclusions, though.

Maybe Sideshow will do a super limited exclusive of a different lantern color.

sdcc-09-blackest-night-invades-comic-con-picture-3.jpg

The blue looks nice.

4524756519_aeb3a7e842.jpg

I agree that the shiny green looks a bit cheap, but that's the style of GL in the comics nowadays, right? The flat green looks more classic, so would be my preference. Will have to see the whole thing before drawing too many conclusions, though.

I think I'm mainly Disappointed because I was hoping for an Ivan Reis type look to him

ivan-reis-joe-prado-c2e2-2011-poster-colors.jpg

I like the head sculpt on this one but I don't like the character enough to shell out that kind of cash for him.

quite disappointed with this so far.

I have the DC pf and the custom, both of which beat this.

If there was to be an artist inspired PF for Hal, I would have to go with Gil Kane, who was the definitive Green Lantern artist.

3572850091_6ae507f3ec.jpg

Uhh, yeah look, I know what Gil Kane did for comics, and I get it but if you based a PF off his art you'd have a blocky, stiff representation of the character. Just because he did it first, doesn't mean he did it the best.

At least if you're gonna go old school Lantern go Adams, at least his work has real energy to it.

GL-GA.jpg

I'm a big Neal Adams fan, but yeah, I would prefer a Kane GL just like I would prefer a Kirby styled Darkseid or Fantastic Four. I'm sure most folks here would prefer Jim Lee styled, well, everything :lol but I would argue that sometimes the guys who originated this stuff did do it as well as anyone who came after. Of course, it's all subjective. But I would take issue with anyone calling Kane's artwork "stiff." His art was quite dynamic for its time, or really, for any time.

gilkanepunch1.jpg

Well I was a bit worried that I'd have to sell off the DCD PF, because I really like it. But since this thing is really just a statue I feel no need to get it.

Funny how the DC Direct item is more a Premium Format than the one from the company that coined the term.

:(

it's really starting to look like fully sculpted is going to be the norm on a lot of PF pieces going forward...

:lecture

Fully-sculpted "Premium Format" figures = B.S.

Maybe they'll do a real one later.

I can live with Ivy, but this has convinced me to stick with Gotham for 1:4 scale. There's no real reason to have Hal fully sculpted if they can handle Batman and Superman in mixed media. He looks like he's from a completely different line.

With all these new pieces I wonder how swamped their becoming. I forsee delays

Back