Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's obvious you don't like the SS GL not many of us do..but how can you say the Face and lines are better on the custom when there is not even a good pic of the Custom.Unless I missed it somewhere in the thread.If you have some please show them I'M looking for an awesome GL.

Just YouTube GL custom and you can see it more clearly.

It's obvious you don't like the SS GL not many of us do..but how can you say the Face and lines are better on the custom when there is not even a good pic of the Custom.Unless I missed it somewhere in the thread.If you have some please show them I'M looking for an awesome GL.

See Kingers answer above. Trust me when I say that based off of the pics from SDCC and the pics from SSC the custom is just way better.

Was gonna pick up that custom about 3 months ago but decided to go with the Superman Enraged. Sup arrived last week and its epic. Prob pick up that GL custom down the road.

I see what you guys are talking about.Nice work by Andre on GL.And the 2 different costumes one is complete black and green matte and the newer look where the green is glossy and the black on the costume is matte.I like how you can see the arm in the construct and the Ring is even on the construct fist.Way Cool.And the video by averone with the custom Sinestro by Andre looks great..you have to have Sinestro and GL together.

Seems the guys in that Studio in the Phillipines do some awesome work.
Man the 1/4 Flash running on water is awesome.And the Enraged Superman with the red eyes is Bad Ass..looks mean.

SSGL_zps1f179a67.jpg

Also, in my opinion the face on the custom is 10x better then the old man face on the PF.

I don't think Hal's face looks any older than the Bruce Wayne on your avatar.

Actually, I think the portrait is this statue's strongest point.

I agree that something looks off from a certain angle, though. Still I think this is gonna be a sought-after piece in the future.

I don't think Hal's face looks any older than the Bruce Wayne on your avatar.

Actually, I think the portrait is this statue's strongest point.

I agree that something looks off from a certain angle, though. Still I think this is gonna be a sought-after piece in the future.

Agree, the face is actually perfect and really easy to spot as Hal Jordan. There isn't any hint of old age, but rather of strain... like he's punching something.

A lot of people are probably just waiting for in hand pics.

The Custom, while having a better pose and the blacks being matte, has too flat a face for me. It seems the face is void of detail with a flat paint job. Although I really dig some other stuff comming out of that custom studio.

Last edited:
Agree, the face is actually perfect and really easy to spot as Hal Jordan. There isn't any hint of old age, but rather of strain... like he's punching something.

A lot of people are probably just waiting for in hand pics.

The Custom, while having a better pose and the blacks being matte, has too flat a face for me. It seems the face is void of detail with a flat paint job. Although I really dig some other stuff comming out of that custom studio.

God how can you be SO misguided and wrong... Are you visually impaired ... How come you can't see I am right. It is a total FACT!!!:mad::cuckoo::ignore:
:wink1:
Okay okay I am kidding, totally valid opinion.I will say I think there are to many lines, by that is my opinion. I don't actually mind the straight on presentation It is the profile shots that are the ones that hold me off on this on. The hair kind of looks like a bad Elvis wig to me

when SS revealed their GL i was immediately disappointed...i then spent about 2 weeks trying to convince myself that i liked it
even contacted a few people about having it repainted to suit my tastes but in the end there were just too many things about it that i didn't like

keep in mind that these observations are just my opinion...

awkward pose
base is tacky/cheap looking
neck looks wider than his head
glossy black paint is a fail
over the top muscularity looks ridiculous (particularly his midsection)
not a fan of the gloss finish on the green
construct (Ex) is boring (SS could have done so much more)
even though SS has said it's 1/4, i have my doubts (just looks small)
doesn't match up well with Bats and Supes

and last but not least...no insignia on the ring is an epic fail

when SS revealed their GL i was immediately disappointed...i then spent about 2 weeks trying to convince myself that i liked it
even contacted a few people about having it repainted to suit my tastes but in the end there were just too many things about it that i didn't like

keep in mind that these observations are just my opinion...

awkward pose
base is tacky/cheap looking
neck looks wider than his head
glossy black paint is a fail
over the top muscularity looks ridiculous (particularly his midsection)
not a fan of the gloss finish on the green
construct (Ex) is boring (SS could have done so much more)
even though SS has said it's 1/4, i have my doubts (just looks small)
doesn't match up well with Bats and Supes

and last but not least...no insignia on the ring is an epic fail

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Everything he said. And I, for one, was REALLY looking forward to SS knocking GL outta the ballpark, especially for the price they're asking...

They ask that price for all premium formats.

But, unfortunately, not all premium format figures seem to worth that price!!! The BATMAN PF definitely looks to be worth the cost, but with GL, there seems to be little to the figure besides a really glossy paint job and an LED base to justify that high a price tag....

I agree there is things that could b better but I'm still glad to have mine ordered. I like the base and construct. I think they bring out more of who gl is. I do think he outs to muscular but I prefer this to a pj outfit. Just get the dc direct version. He will match up

My opinion:

awkward pose - it could have been better, but once you... get it, it kinda makes sense. Especially without the construct
base is tacky/cheap looking - not a fan either
neck looks wider than his head - agreed. That IS a problem from certain angles
glossy black paint is a fail - I would have preferred matte black, too
over the top muscularity looks ridiculous (particularly his midsection) - agreed - that should have to go
not a fan of the gloss finish on the green - I could live with a more subdued tone, too, but I'm more OK with it than the black
construct (Ex) is boring (SS could have done so much more) - yes, it's even a bit more awkward with it than without it
even though SS has said it's 1/4, i have my doubts (just looks small) - it's a reasonable doubt, but I think they do match. Not 100% sure, though
doesn't match up well with Bats and Supes - I'm OK with that. It gives our display more variety. Actually I'd like them all to be action stances.

and last but not least...no insignia on the ring is an epic fail - absolutely

And yet I liked it enough to preorder it. :cuckoo::lol

It's a nice statue overall, imo. And that 'Final product subject to change' gives me hope some minor but effective changes for the better will be made.

This statue is so fail. I just simply hate the pose. How could anyone expect to throw punches with force in his position. Looks like he could slap some people but then that's not very cool.

:thwak

This statue is so fail. I just simply hate the pose. How could anyone expect to throw punches with force in his position. Looks like he could slap some people but then that's not very cool.

:thwak

He needs an Ike Turner slap construct.

Back