Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I actually think this is a 1:4 piece:

a) Hal's right leg seems to be much lower than Supes'.
b) Supes' base is taller.
c) Hal is leaning forward. A lot. Also, his torso is twisted, so it's only natural Supes' chest seems way wider from a front view.
d) Supes is supposed to be bigger and taller than Hal.

I used that SDCC pic with the Green Lantern and Superman PFs on an even (albeit distant) perspective to try and Photoshop some parts of the GL onto Supes, in order to prove they were both in scale, but the results were... not definite. Again, all of the above should be factored in. I just would like some reassurance from Sideshow, as the omission about the scale sounds somewhat fishy.

Titanchuck said:
What bothers me is green lantern description it doesn't say 1/4 scale ,,,,at the bottom of his sideshow page under product tags it says:

PRODUCT TAGS: Green Lantern, hal jordon, harold jordan, hal jorden, lantern ring, dc comic, dccomics, dc universe, green lantern premium format, green lantern pf, green lantern figure, green lantern 1/4 scale, green lantern 1:4 scale,green lantern quarter scale, hal jordan pf, hal jordan figure, hal jordan 1/4 scale, hal jordan 1:4 scale,hal jordan quarter scale, green latnern
UPC: 747720500426

Well spotted.

not a big Green Lantern fan. So, easy pass for me.

I may get Superman though. But, right now only planning on Batman characters.

Gl look more like comiquette 1/5 all sculpted . Not PF 1/4. Why sideshow. You destroy the real complete PF justice league. :(

How can you measure something when you don't even have it in hand? :monkey1
Quite easily. It's 21 inches high and there are side profile photos. Measure on-screen the base to head, foot to head, determine ratio, calculate as a percentage of 21 inches then multiply by 4.

Hal Jordan is 6', so that would make this statue approximately 1:4.3; I'm going to suspect that the error (which would be pretty decent for a ruler on a screen) would account for that.

Or maybe 1:4.3 is the new 1:4:monkey1

Quite easily. It's 21 inches high and there are side profile photos. Measure on-screen the base to head, foot to head, determine ratio, calculate as a percentage of 21 inches then multiply by 4.

Yah I guess that's accurate :rolleyes2 Guess you never heard of perspective or the act GL is not standing straight up.:slap Just for your info, ssc had Rogue PF at 16" but she was actually 18". I wouldn't hold too much breathe that this is 21".

Yah I guess that's accurate :rolleyes2 Guess you never heard of perspective or the act GL is not standing straight up.:slap

:rotfl:rotfl... VS if it is at all a fairly good profile shot, with GL totally sideways, then once you know the scale ratios it doesn't matter if he is on an angle really you can approximate a fairly good measurement of length... :lecture

Yah I guess that's accurate :rolleyes2
According to my not so accurate calculations, if this is indeed 1/4 scale then Hal is 5"6 tall.
I never said it was accurate.
Guess you never heard of perspective or the act GL is not standing straight up.:slap
His body is fully extended so it does not matter whether or not he is standing up straight. As for the perspective, that's the main reason I can't calculate an accurate answer. I said 5'6" but it may be closer to 5'8". I don't think it's high as 6ft though.
Just for your info, ssc had Rogue PF at 16" but she was actually 18". I wouldn't hold too much breathe that this is 21".
That's always a possibility.

This isn't the new 52

True, but if you look at Hal Jordan as a character from the original continuity to the New 52 continuity he is one of the characters that was least touched because Johns was in charge of the whole thing, and didn't want to see years of story flushed.

All the recent PF statues have clearly stated on their summary that they are in 1:4 scale, but not this one, which is rather worrying.
Sideshow has explicitly said all premium format statues are 1/4 scale

I know. But they have also explicitly said so for every recent PF statue but this one. Why?

Add to that the fact that so many people are perceiving this to be in a smaller scale, even people who attended the Con if I recall correctly, and, well, I think there is reasonable cause for concern.

As I said, I still think this is 1:4, and the product tags should be enough, but again, why omit such a crucial bit of info in the description now?

This page of the thread is fantastic. Only on the Internet could I read about some dudes debating how tall Hal Jordan is and how tall his statue ought to be. Fantastic gents, I love it.

Back