Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think that because of all the negative talk that Sideshow will put a low ES on this piece?

Yes. I do believe this will have the lowest ES in both REG and EX editions of the DC statues released thus far. I ordered the Joker EX, Bats EX, and Poison Ivy EX. However, I am passing on GL. Not because of any of the negative talk here, but because I think it is the weakest of the DC releases so far. IMHO, it's not bad. It's just not special. The other 3 pieces had me jumping for joy when I saw them. Superman looks like it'll be a home run also. To me, this GL PF just looks OK when compared to the first 3 statues in the SSC DC line.

It looks like this left arm was meant to hold the lantern, but later on was abandoned. Guess we may never know the truth about the choice of his left arm.

Still, a switch-out punch hand that lights up made it difficult for me to pass up the EX.

if he holding the lantern, i might (with higher chance) getting this GL. :slap

I pre-ordered mine. It's not the best pose, but it's not terrible either. Would have liked the black to be matte as well but that's a nitpick really. Aside from that he looks great. The face sculpt is awesome. Love the shiny on the green.

Hope for a complementary Sinestro in his Sinestro Corps attire. Hell even a Sinestro Corps Superman Prime would be freaking Awesome.

Last edited:
My wife was totally down to order bats and ivy but when I tolf her I ordered gl she was dissapointed with my choice, she said "why would u spend that much on a gay superhero" I then tried explaining the different gl over time and who was in the justice league and why he should b in my collection

I pre-ordered mine. It's not the best pose, but it's not terrible either. Would have liked the black to be matte as well but that's a nitpick really. Aside from that he looks great. The face sculpt is awesome. Love the shiny on the green.

Hope for a complementary Sinestro in his Sinestro Corps attire. Hell even a Sinestro Corps Superman Prime would be freaking Awesome.

It's definitely not "Nit-Picky" to not like the pose or the paint, that's pretty much everything.

Don't order a piece unless you love it! You have to Sideshow you will only buy the best, or expect a lot more mediocrity :lecture

My wife was totally down to order bats and ivy but when I tolf her I ordered gl she was dissapointed with my choice, she said "why would u spend that much on a gay superhero" I then tried explaining the different gl over time and who was in the justice league and why he should b in my collection

Wow, such a "gay superhero"? Ignorant much...

She kinda sounds like a bigot. :monkey3

GL still does nothing for me but I would agree that the EX is a must on this one for those getting it.

She's thinking of Alan Scott. He always had a weakness to wood so it shouldn't be so surprising anyways.

She kinda sounds like a bigot. :monkey3

She's actually one of the most open and tolerant people around. Anyway, she was saying that cuz she knew I was nervous they were gonna make Hal switch teams and that wasn't something I wanted. She is not a comic reader.

Back