Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as for the GL movie?

I liked it. didnt love it. but I liked it.

Went in hoping it was Ironman . Walked out happy it was Fantastic Four. Thanked the stars it wasnt Ghost Rider

Guys, if you haven't seen it, watch the animated movie Green Lantern First Flight.
And yes the recent movie suffered from cramming to much and trying to move the story to quickly.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Guys, if you haven't seen it, watch the animated movie Green Lantern First Flight.
And yes the recent movie suffered from cramming to much and trying to move the story to quickly.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I have First Flight, good flick. Actually I think the only DC animated film I found completely boring was All Star Superman.

I have First Flight, good flick. Actually I think the only DC animated film I found completely boring was All Star Superman.

I haven't watced it yet, though I heard it got some good praise. I've had it in my library and haven't got a chance to watch it yet. Been revisiting Batman and Superman the animated series lately.

Doesn't the pose look a little strange? How do you get the power to throw a good punch standing with one foot up so high? Also there's a second punch getting ready to be thrown right after it? From the pics I've seen that pose doesn't make much sense.

All-Star Superman is good if you appreciate the old school Silver Age Supes and related stories. If you're only familiar with/interested in the more powered down, slightly less fantastic post-Crisis reboot version then you probably won't get it or be into it as much IMO.

All-Star Superman is good if you appreciate the old school Silver Age Supes and related stories. If you're only familiar with/interested in the more powered down, slightly less fantastic post-Crisis reboot version then you probably won't get it or be into it as much IMO.

It wasn't that, it was the fact that the pacing of the story dragged and to be honest the story itself isn't all that interesting. I think a lot more could have been done with a pre-crisis Superman story than what All Star Superman gave us.

Well, I enjoyed it. I never read the comics though so I didn't know what to expect going in. It read to me like classic Supes stories done with a modern storytelling orientation, which I thought worked pretty well. Not as well as "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow," of course, but not bad. I think the opposite end of that spectrum was the contemporary, non-stop action of Public Enemies, which I also enjoyed quite a bit.

Well, I enjoyed it. I never read the comics though so I didn't know what to expect going in. It read to me like classic Supes stories done with a modern storytelling orientation, which I thought worked pretty well. Not as well as "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow," of course, but not bad. I think the opposite end of that spectrum was the contemporary, non-stop action of Public Enemies, which I also enjoyed quite a bit.

I haven't seen Superman vs. the Elite yet and I'm waiting to see what they do with the next batch, evidently they're doing The Dark knight Returns, Flashpoint and Superman: Brainiac. Hopefully those all turn out good.

Back