Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Overall great statue

3) Not too happy with the paint on this statue, it's the worst of the dc release. I had to touch up 5-6 spots on the face where there was green paint in the white eye socket, face paint on the hair, etc..

Can you take a pic where this spot is? I am going to receive mine today, so excited and scared at the same time.

I understand where BurningRage is coming from. It's cool when someone says they don't like something but it's when they keep going on about it. There's plenty of statues I don't particularly like but I just leave them threads alone & leave the ones who enjoy them to talk about it.

That's what I do too most of the time. In the end no one can tell you if you're going to enjoy a statue or not. This GL does nothing for me but he turned out nice. Likewise I got the Lady Death PF and she was great but did nothing for me so I returned her and haven't regretted it one bit.

I also think it's true when it comes to people justifying their reasons with massively negative, or over-the-top positive comments toward buying or missing out on it, because in the end...it did turn out awesome. It's just human nature, and I don't even own it. I think the statue is great. The light up feature and the EX are the best I've seen. I never was a huge fan of the Green Lantern. I've been doing some reading and research about him, and he seems like a pretty cool character.

I guess one reason why I never really followed him was because every time I saw him, I instantly thought of Ace and Gary from the Ambiguously Gay Duo. But I laughed my *** off at that skit, so I guess it's a great thing.

I love the sculpt, but I would've preferred a matte finish instead of the high gloss; however, the gloss REALLY makes him pop. I can look past the Hulk muscles he has going on, because when I see it, I see an extreme comic version of him...which is also cool. I also love that he was fully sculpted, but I do agree with some others who say that he doesn't fit well with the rest of the DC PFs. Who knows, maybe SS did this on purpose because they're gonna start up a separate Green Lantern collection (since there are a lot of them), and in the future, the true 25" Green Lantern PF with mixed media will come out to accent Bats and Supes. Just a guess though.

The more I read about the Green Lantern, the more I'm down with him in my book, and the more I'm down with getting the regular. It just sucks that I started late in the game and missed on the EX. The ring makes up for it though, because that thing glows hot too. Again, it's an awesome statue.

Woo hoo, No.44 has arrived. I'm wrapped, looks the goods

0BBF2150-C735-45E2-B958-7C58E0A083BA-4123-0000027663CDB509_zpsbb8135f9.jpg

If you have to angle him a certain way to try to make him fit with some 1/4 scale statues then the reservations about scale were well founded.

This is like a weird 1/3.7 scale comiquette.

As an owner of the statue, I'd thought I'd give just a little more feedback.

I still think this is an awesome statue. The shiny gloss of his costume and the dynamic pose catch my eye all the time. Sometimes I get a statue, put it in the Besta, and don't really think about it much for awhile (Scarlet Witch). I mean, I LIKE it, but I have to remind myself to look at it. It kind of disappears into the darkness of the Besta.

But this GL really pops. Again, I like mixed media and would have preferred some fabric, but I can't see how they would have pulled that off well without making it look like PJ's. Plus, he really does look like he looks in the comics -- shiny and muscled out. GL's costume is ring-made anyway, it can look like whatever he wants.

I originally said it looked "close enough" to 1/4, and to the naked eye, it fits in well. I still stand by that. I measured the distance from his eyes to his chin (since measuring head circumference is difficult with different hair/masks). He is a touch smaller than the other "normal" male heroes like Cyclops. Like 2 mm. He probably is a touch smaller than 1/4 scale.

Btw, I refuse to compare him to Cap or Hawkeye. Those guys are so huge that it would be an unfair comparison. There's no way those guys could fit into the Legacy Mark VI maquette, for example. They make Iron Man look tiny. Now with Cap, that makes sense I suppose, super-soldier and all that. But Hawkeye?

I think there is always room for artist interpretation in the final sizes, and sometimes they are bigger (Spidey CQ anyone). Somehow I don't hear as many complaints about being a little too big. Spidey's considered a grail to many, he's definitely not perfectly scaled.

Anyway, in the harsh light of the morning, I still like this one.

and so they have...I see it now

(this piece STILL looks small)

In person he looks 1/4 to me. I got him next to a bunch of PFs and he looks right. There is always a little variance. The spidey comi is a little on the big side for 1/4 but he is still awesome and looks great with other pfs.

The paint really pops on this piece. I just can't stop looking at it. I don't think cloth would've been better. This is something you have to see in person.

As an owner of the statue, I'd thought I'd give just a little more feedback.

I still think this is an awesome statue. The shiny gloss of his costume and the dynamic pose catch my eye all the time. Sometimes I get a statue, put it in the Besta, and don't really think about it much for awhile (Scarlet Witch). I mean, I LIKE it, but I have to remind myself to look at it. It kind of disappears into the darkness of the Besta.

But this GL really pops. Again, I like mixed media and would have preferred some fabric, but I can't see how they would have pulled that off well without making it look like PJ's. Plus, he really does look like he looks in the comics -- shiny and muscled out. GL's costume is ring-made anyway, it can look like whatever he wants.

I originally said it looked "close enough" to 1/4, and to the naked eye, it fits in well. I still stand by that. I measured the distance from his eyes to his chin (since measuring head circumference is difficult with different hair/masks). He is a touch smaller than the other "normal" male heroes like Cyclops. Like 2 mm. He probably is a touch smaller than 1/4 scale.

Btw, I refuse to compare him to Cap or Hawkeye. Those guys are so huge that it would be an unfair comparison. There's no way those guys could fit into the Legacy Mark VI maquette, for example. They make Iron Man look tiny. Now with Cap, that makes sense I suppose, super-soldier and all that. But Hawkeye?

I think there is always room for artist interpretation in the final sizes, and sometimes they are bigger (Spidey CQ anyone). Somehow I don't hear as many complaints about being a little too big. Spidey's considered a grail to many, he's definitely not perfectly scaled.

Anyway, in the harsh light of the morning, I still like this one.

Those 4 points sum it all up. All true

Both Iron Man Comiquettes - always under scaled
Spider-Man Comiquette - over scaled
Green Lantern PF - under scaled
I think at the end of the day people just have to realize the intention is 1/4, but it won't always be exact.

Really wish I could have gotten the EX, but I have enough on my plate right now. I know to some it's not a lot but I received 6 statues this year so far, more on the way. I like GL, but not as much as Batman or Superman. I have to get a Regular later, though. The EX looks better but he's not one of my favorite characters so a Regular will have to do.

Once Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all come out he'll look great next to them despite the size being off. And imagine once Flash and Aquaman come out...take your pick of Martian Manhunter or Cyborg...you can't tell me that's not exciting.

Back